The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Top 3 self-development books

For any book discussion

Ismail941

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
108%
May 7, 2019

Kung Fu Steve

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
283%
Jul 8, 2008
Road Warrior
There are so many...

1. Think & Grow Rich

An obvious one. The only people who would talk bad about this book either hasn't read it or is a complete idiot. Since there are no idiots on this forum... I'm guessing the former. Every single massively successful person I know (talking 100 million and up) reads this book at least once a year.

2. Awaken The Giant Within

You know I gotta throw it in. This book changed my life and it's still my bible today.

3. The Richest Man in Babylon

This one might not be for everyone but I loved the stories -- I tend to learn so much more through story than I do just raw facts and data.

Other notables/recent favorites:

Levels of Energy (recent favorite)
The Alchemist
The Talent Code
The Five Major Pieces to the Life Puzzle

Edit: Can't belive I didn't mention 7 Habits of Highly Effective People. That's a "don't skip this", too.

Black_Dragon43

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
337%
Apr 28, 2017
‍☠️ Eastern Europe
Here’s my top 4 (out of 20), straight from the list I keep on my Discord:

**1. Think and Grow Rich by Napoleon Hill**
Complete overview of what you need to succeed in business and in life. Helps shift your mindset, and reveals the motions you need to go through to be successful. You will understand how to nurture desire, self-belief, faith, and all the other virtues that will take you from where you're at today, to the success you've always envisioned. Autosuggestion and visualization, as well as writing your goals and doing affirmations are at the heart of this.

**2. The Way To Will Power by Henry Hazlitt**
This book changed my life most recently. I read it in 2021, and it got me into journalling & planning by making me understand how desire works. Willpower is just keeping our long-term desire in mind, and reminding ourselves of it (journalling helps massively to remind yourself). And before you are faced by your short-term desires, you need to be AWARE of the price you have to pay to give them up in favor of your long-term desire, and BE WILLING to pay that price. In advance! Before the short-term desire punches you in the face. And if you're prepared to pay the price, and you remind yourself of your long term desire, then you can OVERCOME your short term desire and be successful. An AMAZING read.

**3. Mindset by Carol Dweck**
I cannot overstate the impact of this book on myself. A lot of us tend to think of ourselves as fixed, having a specific identity. And then we don't push ourselves, we don't do things to make us grow, because we think that growth is not possible, or not worth it. This book shows that growth is better than safety, and it's worth experiencing anxiety, failure, shame and so on if they lead to growth. It changes your mindset from a "fixed mindset" based around judging yourself and other people, to a growth mindset, based not on judging, but on learning. You're successful not if you make $100M, but if you're always learning and growing as a person. A foundation for ALL self-development.

**4. The Millionaire Fastlane by MJ DeMarco**
When it comes to entrepreneurship, The Millionaire Fastlane shows you what it takes to be an entrepreneur, and how it's the fastest way to get rich while you're still young. NOT the 70-yr millionaire in a wheelchair type of book!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Gazbo

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
83%
Dec 9, 2021
Sydney
I'm a bit late to the party on this thread has only just joined the forum, but I wanted to share mine:

Chimp Paradox - Steve Peters - Very British in tone and prose, much like myself! Some amazing stuff in here to help transform your brain and put that chimp in its place!

How To Think Like A Roman Emperor - Donald Robertson - the go-to book on Stoicism (along with Marcus Aurelius' Meditations of course). Stoicism led me here, I love how it gives you self-discipline and drive along with introspection.

Getting Things Done - David Allen - being productive is one of the keys to success and this book helps transform overwhelming to-do lists, disorganised desks and desktops, time management and so much more. You can free up so much time to hit the Fastlane at full speed by getting your house in order first and knowing exactly what needs to be done, when and in what order. Game changer.

I would say Fastlane too, but you wanted 3 so you go 3!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.