The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

What are you thankful for?

Anything related to matters of the mind

broswoodwork

Intermediate User of the Flying Guillotine
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
313%
Oct 16, 2015
"One of the most important writing techniques for boosting happiness revolves around the psychology of gratitude." ~ Richard Wiseman. 59 Seconds to Change: Think a Little, Change a Lot.

Happy thanksgiving Fastlaners!

It seems like a great time of year to reflect on where we are, and where we're going; to focus on what we have and be grateful we have the capacity to do more for others and ourselves.

I picked up the book referenced above that was cited in Unscripted (59 Seconds to Change: Think a Little, Change a Lot), and it's filled with little evidenced based tips and tricks, scientifically supported lifehacks, that help steer your mind back to a productive place, and with persistent application, help keep it there more consistently.

One of the topics, in the happiness chapter, was writing about gratitude.

It's a great little exercise when faced with a uniquely challenging day, or overwhelmingly negative turn of events, to take a few minutes and list and visualize the top 5 things that you're grateful for.

I usually do it in my head, because who has time, but on a day like today, with no challenges, stresses, and too much time, why not write them down?
  • Family: a beautiful, energetic and supportive wife and rambunctious and healthy son. They make everything worth doing.
  • Ability: I have a decent brain and a body built for field work. Combining the two has allowed me keep moving for years on end, using hard work and stepwise improvement/ refinement to that hard work as my barrier to entry.
  • America: Some will argue it's not perfect, but it is great to live in a country where being a "temporarily embarrassed millionaire" and social/ economic mobility is a celebrated part of the culture.
  • Customers: I'm grateful for every person who gives me an opportunity to be of service. The reviews and genuine appreciation for what I do, propel me in ways that money alone couldn't.
  • Fastlane/Unscripted Mindset: It goes without saying, that I'm eternally grateful for all of the factors above and the principles/ philosophy LIVED here, when combined, free me to build and live my life on my own terms. Successes are mine, failures are mine, and line between them is mine to navigate. I'm doing ok so far.
What are you folks grateful for today? :smile2:

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Lucky Lu

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
99%
Nov 2, 2019
Newport Beach, California
Nice thread.

I am grateful for

My family. Amazing and supportive wife, relatively healthy parents and many good friends.
Work. A job that I love and professions I enjoy.
This Forum and the books. Amazing information and better people. This is one of the highlights of this year. Special thanks to Andy Black not only for the warm and friendly welcome but for substantially helping me in my switch into the Fast Lane.

Much love brother

Strategery

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
299%
Jun 25, 2019
  • Family/friends
  • Giants who have paved the way
  • Fitness/health
  • This forum and the books
  • Noise-cancelling headphones (my sister's kids are "challenging")

Ocean Man

Life-long learner.
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
222%
Sep 26, 2018
United States
I’ve been an expat in Asia for the past two years. And I’d have to say, I’m really thankful for being an American citizen. Honestly, I wasn’t as patriotic or “AMERICA!” before I was an expat. But man, if you’re American... you’re blessed!

We have it a lot easier than many other places in the world. We have an easier time to make something of ourselves in America as well. Visiting third world countries as well, I feel like a lot of people have no idea how blessed they are.

I highly encourage people to travel outside of America, see other countries and how people live their lives. It’s definitely opened a different perspective in my life, taught me to be more grateful and realize the huge opportunities I’ve been given.

PizzaOnTheRoof

Moving Forward
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
220%
Jul 30, 2018
Texas
My GF, family, this forum, and the freedom to make choices to better our lives.

WillHurtDontCare

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
305%
May 28, 2017
USA
I'm thankful for barbells & dumbbells, my family, and books. This place ain't bad either!

Imgal

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
329%
Aug 9, 2015
I am really thankful for this forum. It truly is the only place that I've ever felt a true fit in and look forward to being challenged because I know it always comes from a good place.

The second are my struggles and my failures. I've spent a large proportion of my life seeing these as holding me back. Personal circumstances changed a lot this year and for the first time in a very long time I'm in a position where my destiny is actually totally in my hands. That lifting of the weight of various responsibilities has really flipped how I see where things went wrong. They've got from being another burden weighing me down and pulling me back to nurturing mentors teaching the paths I should and shouldn't take.

AgainstAllOdds

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
647%
Dec 26, 2014
Chicago, IL
Being healthy mentally and physically.
Having supportive friends and family.
The opportunity to make something of myself in whatever shape I choose.
A business that's growing with supportive clients and partners.
Enough capital to take on new ideas and eliminate most of the stress.
Enough intelligence to learn most things I want to learn and utilize that knowledge to accomplish what I want to accomplish.

Primeperiwinkle

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
320%
Nov 30, 2018
Answers to prayer
My sanity
All my bills paid for November
My comfy pajamas
My children letting me sleep in until 9
Them deciding that today is a good day to do puzzles and read to me
My friends all sending pics of snow
This Muppet Show song on YouTube
All the food turning out super yum
The most relaxing enjoyable holiday I think I may have ever had in my whole life. (First year it was just us - no traveling, no extended family)

Annnnnnd you guys.

If I haven’t said it recently.. thank you. It’s really, really nice to have a little spot to hang out here among such awesome people.

D

Deleted74396

Just small things:
Got medicine refill after a few weeks out!
Just joined this forum and people seem very helpful, it's much better than asking for advice on Reddit :)

broswoodwork

Intermediate User of the Flying Guillotine
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
313%
Oct 16, 2015
Just small things:
Got medicine refill after a few weeks out!
Just joined this forum and people seem very helpful, it's much better than asking for advice on Reddit :)
Welcome aboard!

The collective wisdom of this forum is astounding, isn't it? I'm very grateful to have found the books and the forum. Every time I learn something new, I discover there's 5 more things I need to learn, and someone here, most likely, has already posted about it all. :)

LuckyPup

Opportunity + Preparation = Success
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
160%
Aug 2, 2012
Midwest USA
"One of the most important writing techniques for boosting happiness revolves around the psychology of gratitude." ~ Richard Wiseman. 59 Seconds to Change: Think a Little, Change a Lot.

It seems like a great time of year to reflect on where we are, and where we're going; to focus on what we have and be grateful we have the capacity to do more for others and ourselves.

I picked up the book referenced above that was cited in Unscripted (59 Seconds to Change: Think a Little, Change a Lot), and it's filled with little evidenced based tips and tricks, scientifically supported lifehacks, that help steer your mind back to a productive place, and with persistent application, help keep it there more consistently.

It's a great little exercise when faced with a uniquely challenging day, or overwhelmingly negative turn of events, to take a few minutes and list and visualize the top 5 things that you're grateful for.

I usually do it in my head, because who has time, but on a day like today, with no challenges, stresses, and too much time, why not write them down?
  • Family: a beautiful, energetic and supportive wife and rambunctious and healthy son. They make everything worth doing.
  • Ability: I have a decent brain and a body built for field work. Combining the two has allowed me keep moving for years on end, using hard work and stepwise improvement/ refinement to that hard work as my barrier to entry.
  • America: Some will argue it's not perfect, but it is great to live in a country where being a "temporarily embarrassed millionaire" and social/ economic mobility is a celebrated part of the culture.
  • Customers: I'm grateful for every person who gives me an opportunity to be of service. The reviews and genuine appreciation for what I do, propel me in ways that money alone couldn't.
  • Fastlane/Unscripted Mindset: It goes without saying, that I'm eternally grateful for all of the factors above and the principles/ philosophy LIVED here, when combined, free me to build and live my life on my own terms. Successes are mine, failures are mine, and line between them is mine to navigate. I'm doing ok so far.
Wife
Daughter
Dog(s)
Heritage/parents/grandparents/siblings/ancestors
Health
Abilities/talents
Earth
Being born in the 20th century
Born in the US
Abundance
Opportunities
Challenges
Second chances
All the people, things and ideas that have improved our world and my life - I may not be doing great things, but I am standing on the shoulders of giants

Brian Suh

Silver Contributor
X MODERATED X
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
May 19, 2018
a

as weird as it sounds, a human. Seriously. Im not so high up on my a$$ to think i "deserve" all that has been given to me or that im even human. I could literally have lived a life of a weird animal that would probably have been eaten or live a very paranoid life. But i am a human. Sure the challenges are immense and complex but its the most fun game.

NotAnotherUser11

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
68%
Nov 23, 2019
For the first time in my life I am not struggling financially. Not because of a fastlane technique but due to tragedy. Despite this being an unfortunate circumstance - I can now do pretty much... whatever I want in life (In terms of attempting things, not traveling around the world and blowing money) and that is something I am thankful for. I have a foundation. It's actually quite hard to process that I have a safety net and am allowed to screw up.

Also - This forum. It is so refreshing to see ideas being discussed and not success spoken of in constant philosophical terms. You guys really put your nose to the grindstone and I hope to follow along.

ruzara5

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
104%
May 1, 2011
Currently in Washington State

Life in general. Flower in the field. Curves on my girlfriend. A endless market to add value.:)

Tourmaline

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
121%
Jun 4, 2019
Texas
I am thankful to be part of the human story and that I continue to exist for as long as I have.

jwhanke

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
193%
Mar 26, 2018
Akron, OH
Thankful for:
1. Family and Friends - real relationships are what you will look back on
2. My health - health is your first wealth
3. My Well Paying Job - Gaining skills and being paid that are helping move on my unscripted journey
4. The retreat I attended this year
5. Dedication to Lifelong improvement
6. Audible and Podcast Players (especially my favorite book unscripted , which I reread this year)

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.