The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Went in for one thing, came out with another

minivanman

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
265%
Mar 16, 2017
DFW
A few days ago I met a guy, we exchanged cards so I text him later that evening. He owns several businesses and was needing a little help with one of them. Come to find out, he owns a LOT of businesses and is actually retired but makes deliveries because he loves doing it..... this is just like ME! So I go in to this thing to guide him a little in one specific area and we end up being partners and gonna buy and sell mattresses. Not those cheap off brand mattresses. We are going to have name brand, buy them in very large quantity so we can sell them for less. He has the connections to do this. He already has a building in mind just down the street from one of his furniture stores. I'll be in deeper than my regular $1000 limit but I've actually wanted back in the mattress business for awhile and this seems like the perfect opportunity. I guess I better get started on another Weebly site to kick Mattress Firm's @ss since I haven't learned Wordpress yet! ;)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

minivanman

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
265%
Mar 16, 2017
DFW
Already livin it so I might as well sell it :rofl:

I'm glad you commented, I'm going to work this in some how.

Jonathan Hoch

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
198%
Jan 17, 2019
Don’t forget complimentary pillows for those expensive mattresses, or maybe the first set of sheets!

Tommo

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
168%
Jan 21, 2018
Perth Australia
Congratulations Minivanman, sounds great. There is a company here in Perth that has an awesome TV advert for their versatile mattresses. I'll add their website if it helps you in any way. www.makinmattresses.com.au/Mattresses/Perth

minivanman

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
265%
Mar 16, 2017
DFW
Don’t forget complimentary pillows for those expensive mattresses, or maybe the first set of sheets!

I do nothing complimentary. I've never believed in that. In the house cleaning business we didn't even empty the trash complimentary..... $ .25c per can and then it moved up to $1 for them all to make things more simple. As for the expensive mattresses, I might give away a mattress cover for a $10,000-$12,000 mattress set, but I wouldn't bet on it. That will be our highest price set.

But, we will sell mattress covers upon delivery. This is going to be a very simple business and not offer anything else. I have personally bought $100+ pillows and that's what I sleep on every night but that gets too complicated for the delivery guy. Yes, there will be the store where people can buy what ever they want (that type of stuff will be in the store but not offered online) but the bulk of the mattress business will be online, locally. The store is basically the front of the warehouse where people can come if they choose. Mattresses & riser, basic $50 bed frame and $50 mattress cover will be offered online.

minivanman

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
265%
Mar 16, 2017
DFW
lol My buddy taught me everything I know. He owns 36 Burger Kings. When BK has a sale, he does not participate. Back when BK offered free fries (many years ago), he did not offer free fries. If they have 2 sandwiches for $6, his are regular price. So here is where I'm going with that since he is hooked up with a franchise..... he said he see's no dip in profit and sometimes, depending on the sale, the BK owners that participate in the sales often see a dip in profit. So, I don't think in reality, me giving away free sheets or free cookies would bring in any more profit. Now if I offered free boob shots, I think I'd have lots of single guys buying a mattress set even if they didn't need one but as we know, that's not legal.... damn it. :smuggy:

Now this did bring up an idea though..... I should have some sheets made up with a really hot male/female or both or 2 of (I don't judge the giver of the money), on the sheet. That way, every time they use the sheet, they might think of us. :wideyed:

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia
I've had free pillows with expensive beds before.

Really terrible to sleep on. Felt like a sandbag than a cushion. I think they filled the pillows with rubbish like plastics and wood chips. Might as well not get free pillows in the first place.

Sheets are fine. But if they tear too easily, I'd laugh.

lol My buddy taught me everything I know. He owns 36 Burger Kings. When BK has a sale, he does not participate. Back when BK offered free fries (many years ago), he did not offer free fries. If they have 2 sandwiches for $6, his are regular price. So here is where I'm going with that since he is hooked up with a franchise..... he said he see's no dip in profit and sometimes, depending on the sale, the BK owners that participate in the sales often see a dip in profit.
Sale for BK???

Why would they do that???

I like their fries and beef burgers just the way they are at their current prices. Good stuff. Very different from boring McDonalds. Somehow McDonalds chips just look so sorry and limp.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.