The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Well... I'm officially a Millionaire

LightHouse

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
163%
Aug 13, 2007
Northern VA

Vance

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
140%
Jun 23, 2012
Austin, TX
Congrats Grumpycat, you figured out in 23 years what it took me 44 to learn and apply! Keep the hammer down and don't look back.

And you completely hit the nail on the head with the world's distractions. I find this the most difficult for people to comprehend. They all agree "okay, you become what you think about...yeah, I get it already..." then these same people are filling their brains with useless nonsense making other people wealthy such as TV, endless watching and gossip about professional sports, and happy hour 5 nights a week.

I love that you started your journey in High School and learned early on the "secrets" of wealth. Again, congrats!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
G

GuestUser140

That's all well and good, but what color is your Ferrari gonnna be?

G

GuestUser140

On a serious note: similar age here, truly impressed!
Started my business after reading your hustling thread way back when, and getting there! :)

What's next?

JAJT

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
549%
Aug 7, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Last edited by a moderator:

Determined2012

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
108%
Jun 22, 2012
Chicago, IL
I hope this thread doesn't get locked.

It being marked GOLD by MJ or one of the mods would instantly validate everything Grumpy said and give the credibility that many are seeking/ inquiring about.

EDIT: A lot of threads on this forum receive coveted gold distinction once success has been measured to a certain level/point.

I think becoming a Millionaire warrants the gold label...I think this feat would meet the criteria for Gold.

@MJ DeMarco

@AllenCrawley

@Vigilante

Ubermensch

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
Jul 7, 2008
Chicago
I hope this thread doesn't get locked.

It being marked GOLD by MJ or one of the mods would instantly validate everything Grumpy said and give the credibility that many are seeking/ inquiring about.

EDIT: A lot of threads on this forum receive coveted gold distinction once success has been measured to a certain level/point.

I think becoming a Millionaire warrants the gold label...I think this feat would meet the criteria for Gold.

@MJ DeMarco

@AllenCrawley

@Vigilante

You crack me up.

HereInMyGarage

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
750%
Oct 18, 2015
Hollywood Hills
I'm honestly a little confused why you posted this thread without some kind of story or details to tie it all together.

i don't understand why there needs to be a scrum just because there's no story behind the story, no details, no progress thread, no article links, no nothing that can verify the big accomplishment. u see, just a few months ago I too went from struggling in an apartment with unruly roommates to living in the hollyood hills with a lamborghini. Sometimes success is as simple as 67 steps.

M Power

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
133%
Nov 3, 2015
Illinois
That was 4 years ago man. 2011-2012. lol

The majority of my money thus far was earned in the hospitality/concierge industry. I used hustling money to parlay into other ventures. Many of which failed or never even got off the ground.
These are the kind of stories that keep me going. There's days I tell myself it's not going to workout but I always push on. It doesnt matter how many times you fail as long as you learn and turn that knowledge into success.

hughjasle

AutoPilot
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
418%
Dec 25, 2012
Anywhere with internet
IMO the reason many here are wanting a back story to how this money came about, is to me, that's what this forum is all about. Stories from other entrepreneurs that we can all learn from, the good and the bad. Without the stories, this is just like setting up a beach chair in Beverly Hills and watching as Lambo's pass you buy saying oh "wow look at that, he made it!"

But Congrats. Care to give back to the community that helped you get there? I get it if you don't want to disclose your secrets, don't need to do that. Just give us an idea of what you did so we know what your expertise is maybe...

Just a thought.

Larry G. Maguire

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Nov 3, 2015
Dublin, Ireland
Hesitant to post this for obvious reasons, but I intend to distance myself from my former persona/life anyway so what's the difference.

I joined the forum 7 years ago at the age of 15. In that time 100s of faceless people have come and gone. 99% of whom have gone back to their mediocre lives to do mediocre things. They will all be forgotten, and already have been. They gave up when it got too hard. Thankfully I never gave up the fight. And neither have you.

Heck, I even thanked MJ directly in my highschool yearbook quote, and a few other big time fastlaners from back in the early days. Thank you teachers, faculty and peers? Nah bro, thank you PhxMJ and company. (that was his old username.. and it will forever be engraved in that book).

Didn't know what the hell I was doing for the most part. I was hooked on Trump's Apprentice and Kiyosaki's books. That was my intro to business 101. It took me 7 years to figure this shit out.

I'm 23 now. I don't have to answer to anyone, or punch a clock, or do anything that I don't want to do.

Fight for your dreams. Turn off the TV NOW, not tomorrow. Do something every day to get you closer to your goals. You get one shot at life. Make it count.

Society creates so many things to distract you from where you want to be. They make you watch rich grown men play ball games, and they tell you you need to buy product xyz in order to have a life worth living. If you aren't where you want to be in life, that garbage is doing nothing but holding you back. F*ck all the noise.

There is no wisdom in the crowd.

Fight, fight, FIGHT. Get it.

Time for a new chapter to be written. :)

I wish the best of success to everyone here. It's out there.. you just gotta seize it.

*removing pic proof due to creepy PMs.* It has been posted (and so has been proven). Can resend proof to mods if needed*

Quality. Well done indeed! I've been working on a site & podcast that celebrates people who win, doing what they want their own way. I'd like to tell your story. Would you be willing to share it @GrumpyCat ?

D

DeletedUser394

Some of yall be driving me crazy.

I've posted numerous backstories, etc.

Here from December 2014 (10 months ago).

@mt_myke in that thread did some incredibly astute calculations when he figured out I had around $650k in assets at that time.

https://www.thefastlaneforum.com/community/threads/how-i-retired-at-age-22.57011/

As you can see if you read that thread, there are a*holes and doubters in life. They are everywhere like a plague. I've never had anything but good intentions with my posts, and I'm nothing if not consistent.

To essentially double your working capital in 10 months is not incredibly extreme. I've been very fortunate and I don't take it for granted.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

DeletedUser394

i don't understand why there needs to be a scrum just because there's no story behind the story, no details, no progress thread, no article links, no nothing that can verify the big accomplishment. u see, just a few months ago I too went from struggling in an apartment with unruly roommates to living in the hollyood hills with a lamborghini. Sometimes success is as simple as 67 steps.

You've been here what.. ~30 days?

I've been here 2,782 days.

In that time I have shared countless progress threads, personal stories, accomplishments, and setbacks.

I've met with fastlaners on 2 continents and 6 or 7 countries.

One of said progress threads is in the top 5 most visited threads of all time on this forum. It was so large and detailed that it had to be split up into a Part 1 & Part 2.

But yeah.. I've definitely not shared any details along the way, or contributed anything of value. Clearly I haven't done anything at all.

mowealth

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
296%
Feb 18, 2014
World Traveler
You don't have to respond to every one of those non-believers @GrumpyCat . Drains too much energy and wastes precious time. Let them wonder, let them talk, while you enjoy your millions :smoking:

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Guys,

First, Ryan has been removed from the forum per HIS request. He is now a Deleted User.

Second, this thread has been marked GOLD and there are TWO viewpoints why.

You are free to take either.

VIEWPOINT #1:

This thread is GOLD because you believe "GC" (aka: GrumpyCat, RichKid prior to that) and obviously want to celebrate his accomplishment. It is indeed spectacular, so spectacular that MarketWatch or some financial news website should do a story on him. Heck, we should do a story.

But the minor details behind this incredible story will never be told. It's not going to happen. Not here or anywhere.

This thread is GOLD because you believe the story that we have a young man whose hustle and arbitrage threads for the last 7 years, profiting a few dollars per transaction, is suddenly a millionaire in some undisclosed venture where just months earlier, said individual was complaining about roommates and not being able to afford this or that.

This thread is GOLD because you believe he made 20% in 3 months trading stocks while simultaneously avoiding every call pouring in from Wall Street hedge fund managers looking to recruit him.

OR

VIEWPOINT #2

This thread is marked GOLD to show just how gullible people are and how they will believe anything they read without a smidgen of critical thinking and due diligence. This is how people get ripped off, believing that the Super Trader Mohammed makes 20% per month on his cash just because he says so, while posting a grainy screenshot as evidence.
  1. GC has been here for nearly seven years. In that time, he has requested his account to be "self-banned" more than a 1/2 dozen times. I won't go into the personal explanations/details given at the time, but lets just say, there IS significant histrionics here which, shall we say, don't lend credibility to his claim.

2. GC has posted A LOT of quality content on the forum. Let me repeat that: QUALITY CONTENT. Hustle threads, arbitrage, some really really great stuff. He's actually one of my favorite posters and I am sad to see him go. However, the mods and I find it strange that he has regularly and routinely shared with us how to make pennies while strangely, omitted to us how he made millions. Wouldn't that be something to be shared with a community dedicated to making millionaires? Not thousandaires?

3. The moment this thread was posted (before anyone even commented!) one of the mods familiar with GC's history here at the forum speculated that his "I'm a millionaire" thread will lead to GC's 8th self-banning or request to "delete my account." It's why we have quarantined ourselves from this thread. A few weeks later, dozens of posts later, sure enough, it happened, as predicted, and on schedule. You see, that's the pattern that's emerged with GC with many of his posts which carry extravagant and bold claims-- when the fire heats up, request your account to be deleted, and high tail it out of town.
At the end of the day, whether GC is being truthful or not, I truly believe he will succeed in life. The kid is bright and motivated. IMO, he has wisdom beyond his years. Unfortunately, I think there are some other issues going on here which I hope he addresses at some point in his life.

That said, I'm not sure what I believe. Many folks I know personally have mentioned to me their doubts on this thread and they were confused why I (or the mods) have been cautiously sitting back and watching.

I tried to keep every statement above factual. Some of those facts are taken from GC's own words on posts made months, years ago. However, as humans, we tend to take facts and build a narrative from it. The narrative the mods and I see isn't one to be sanctified and certified as a true Fastlane success story. We desperately want it to be. I want it to be. These stories validate Fastlane. Unfortunately, that narrative (as it stands now in my eye) doesn't allow me to safely lend to that conclusion.

I hope GC returns.

Moreover, I hope such a great accomplishment can be verified. I hope all of us craggy old mods can whimper away with our tails between our legs.

I wish GC well and pray that he finds whatever peace he seeks.

Carry on.

~ MJ

Last edited:

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
Whether the story is true or not is immaterial. The hustle is real. The principles are real in several of his threads. He'll make it some day, and he'll bring people along for the ride. He knows what to do. This isn't a sprint... It's a marathon. There's usually no overnight gratification. Don't look for a 90 day solution to a lifetime of slow lane. Work your plan, out hustle the 99% and you'll get there.

My best wishes to Ryan that you find what you seek.

VegasMan

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
265%
May 8, 2015
Milwaukee, WI
I hope GC returns.

Moreover, I hope such a great accomplishment can be verified. I hope all of us craggy old mods can whimper away with our tails between our legs.

I wish GC well and pray that he finds whatever peace he seeks.

Carry on.

~ MJ

This right here is one of the many reasons this is the best forum I've ever encountered. And it's the only forum I choose to actually pay for. MJ can dish out the tough love, the occasional a$$ reaming, and certainly the praise for jobs well done. Thank you, MJ, for giving us all a respected place to gather and share. :)

csalvato

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
May 5, 2014
Rocky Mountain West
For anyone interested in high quality information from a success story in their 20's, you might find this interesting:

http://hive.org/20s/

IIRC, Ryan Allis founded iContact at 21, and was an entrepreneur at age 15. He put together a great list of life lessons in a super long powerpoint. His multi-million dollar exit from iContact can be easily verified.

RHL

The coaching was a joke guys.
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
747%
Oct 22, 2013
PA/NJ

This is the essence of this site. This is why I keep coming back. Almost everywhere else on the internet: Tumblr, Reddit, FB, Instagram, when someone has wild success, the envy kicks in. It's here too, but at the very highest level, we want it to be true, we want you to succeed. I want RichKid to have been successful, if only to tell the next MLM drone that propositions me "you could have been a millionaire by age 23 if you were driving the fastlane instead of riding it."

Shows over. Back to work. And I hope that some where in Canada, GrumpyCat is comparing painted aluminum swatches at the local Ferrari dealership.

Last edited:

LightHouse

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
163%
Aug 13, 2007
Northern VA
I hope his story is true as well, but without evidence there is 0 chance it's believed.

The one thing to note for everyone defending the notion of this being just a thread to celebrate and he isn't selling anything.

That is exactly how all of the folks that have been banned from the forum went about it too. Posting this isn't for rah-rah of the crowd, you may not be selling anything, but you damn well know it gains you influence. And influence is equivalent to cash for the person most patient. If proof is easy people vet themselves or get vetted, if you can't be bothered to dig up proof, then how are you bothered to post a thread telling everyone in the first place.

I hope Ryan can be successful if at that level or above, but he's been here long enough to know how it works if he is being honest. Glad this was moved out though, that way everyone can re-focus.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
I hope his story is true as well, but without evidence there is 0 chance it's believed.

The one thing to note for everyone defending the notion of this being just a thread to celebrate and he isn't selling anything.

That is exactly how all of the folks that have been banned from the forum went about it too. Posting this isn't for rah-rah of the crowd, you may not be selling anything, but you damn well know it gains you influence. And influence is equivalent to cash for the person most patient. If proof is easy people vet themselves or get vetted, if you can't be bothered to dig up proof, then how are you bothered to post a thread telling everyone in the first place.

I hope Ryan can be successful if at that level or above, but he's been here long enough to know how it works if he is being honest. Glad this was moved out though, that way everyone can re-focus.

I am going to put you down as undecided.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.