The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Welcome to the Internet, Kidgas.

kidgas

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
9%
Jul 25, 2007
Indiana
Well, I started a blog and am starting to learn about posting original content on the web. I think I also got Google AdSense up and running on the blog as well. It seems this old dog can learn a new trick or two. Sorry that I haven't been posting here much but I have been very busy. It will be busy over the next few weeks since Christmas shopping for 6 kids takes awhile and will occupy most of my evenings for the next two weeks.

Anyway please visit if you are able and provide some feedback. I appreciate the knowledge on this board. Thanks. I hope it will show up in the signature, but if not, it is at www.kidgas.blogspot.com.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

kidgas

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
9%
Jul 25, 2007
Indiana
Hey, guess what!!?? I had some views of my blog and actually made $1.72 today with AdSense. It was fairly easy to set up. I just had to read some of the info on the website, followed the directions, and as it turned out, it worked. I want to thank everyone here who might have stopped by to visit. I really appreciate it. I think I have a great idea for a website and as soon as I make some more off the blog will look into registering the domain name. I will have to have some expert help for the rest of it. Will have to talk to aptohosting for sure.

Anyway, I will be making some additional posts and will see about some other modifications to make the blog more exciting. If anyone has any comments or observations, please feel free to offer some advice. I am certainly new at this. Thanks everyone.

kidgas

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
9%
Jul 25, 2007
Indiana
I managed to add a Google search box to my blog as well. I think I might be getting the hang of playing around with the HTML code to some extent. Of course, so far it has been easy by just doing the copy and paste thing. Have had some visitors but no revenue yet today. My goal would be to have about 100 daily visits average and about $25 total revenue by the end of the year. I sent an email to a few friends to let them know about the blog and will keep adding posts as I am able. Thanks for everyone's interest.

kidgas

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
9%
Jul 25, 2007
Indiana
Well, so far so good on the blog. I am amazed at how quickly it is taking off. I hope that this pace can sustain itself. In just one week's time, I have earned $16 on adsense. I also have over 145 page impressions today. Some of them are mine since I check to see if there are any comments and I look at it after I make a post. But, I also got my first comment on Vee. If you haven't checked it out...watch his 2 minute chin-up. Vee is my trainer.

I am also adding blogs on other specific topics and will let you know when I have those running. Right now I have another that reviews business books. If anyone has any book suggestions let me know and I will try to read and review even though things are busy right now. I can read somewhat quickly.

Thanks to everyone here for all your support.

Jonleehacker

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
61%
Oct 31, 2007
Edmonton, Canada
Kidgas, before you go too far building your blog empire, you may want to consider re-investing some of those earnings into your own domain names and a proper hosting account.

While you are doing great with your earnings, don't forget as long as you are writing on a blogspot.com site, you don't really own your website (Google Does). If you ever want to sell, or if Google sells blogspot to a company that isn't as generous a google, you will not be in a good business position.

Blogspot blogs are good for getting your feet wet, but if you are going to invest real time and energy into your blog, then it's best to own your own domain(s). Working on blogspot is a bit like renting an apartment. It's fine to throw on a coat of paint or shampoo the carpet, but if you're going to remodel the kitchen, best to do it on a home that you own.

:)

you're doing great, took me much longer than you to get to 16 in a week!

kidgas

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
9%
Jul 25, 2007
Indiana
Jonleehacker,
I agree with you wholeheartedly. Right now, I am trying to get my feet wet and see what happens and what effort is involved to assess return on investment of time. When I see what is feasible, then I will look at putting some money into it. I have some other ideas as well. Thanks for your input. It is greatly appreciated.

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
I agree with everyone, spend the $6.99 to get a good .com domain name. Then spend $60 on hosting. You will make back that $67 easily as long as you continue to blog. Much of your adsense money will come from old quality posts that are indexed in Google. You want to start that ASAP.

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
I meant $60/yr for hosting. I pay $5/month at 1and1 on their Home plan and run 20 websites from it.

You can pay $48/yr on their beginner plan.

Jorge

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
18%
Oct 5, 2007
Mendoza, Argentina
Ah, I see...I'd still prefer to pay the premium for Apto's customer service. :)

Specially if you're just starting. That's one thing that you wont get on any other hosting that I know off

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.