- Joined
- Dec 12, 2011
- Messages
- 70
Rep Bank
$330
$330
User Power: 43%
Hi Fastlaners,
I am taking massive action as usual and working with my developer on creating a scraper software which I plan on selling eventually. My question is this, is it against the law to create a software that scrapes sites such as google. Can a software be created to scrape sites like these and yet not get bothered by google or other huge authority sites? Does google or other huge authority sites have a policy that their data cannot be scraped?
Also, I have checked out the competition and my software does similar things that their software does, can i get sued by them? I am sure probably not, but I wanted your opinions....
Thank you
I am taking massive action as usual and working with my developer on creating a scraper software which I plan on selling eventually. My question is this, is it against the law to create a software that scrapes sites such as google. Can a software be created to scrape sites like these and yet not get bothered by google or other huge authority sites? Does google or other huge authority sites have a policy that their data cannot be scraped?
Also, I have checked out the competition and my software does similar things that their software does, can i get sued by them? I am sure probably not, but I wanted your opinions....
Thank you
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
