The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Website launch approaching...

cfittowin

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
13%
Jan 26, 2009
Boston
I will be launching a "dropship" retail site in a month from now. Time is constantly spent on researching the competition and marketing tactics. In my planning I have read a number of articles on SEO and affiliate advertising. Does anyone have SEO favorites which drive traffic? or affiliate marketing techniques they use and trust? I know it takes some time for spiders to find your site, but I really want to find the most efficient way to go about doing this and cut down on the time it takes to start driving traffic. You can have the best website in the land, but without traffic and a decent conversion rate you don't have a successful ebusiness.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Luke12321

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
31%
Jul 27, 2007
North Carolina
A few quick tips...

Read ServiceFly's post on the "funnel system".

Read up on adwords and landing pages, split testing and such.

Main thing, make sure your "idea" is going to serve a need to the mass if you want it to be a big HIT. Focus on your brand. Read some of MJ's post on this....fill a need, don't chase $$$.

Hope this helps, will take some searching but well worth it my friend.

andviv

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Jul 27, 2007
Washington DC
or...

you can talk to/hire some real experts here, like jonleehacker, yvesklienski, lighthouse... that's what they do for a living (I know there are more than know about this topic, like biophase... but couldn't think of anybody else for now).

kurtyordy

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
12%
Aug 28, 2007
PA
or...

you can talk to/hire some real experts here, like jonleehacker, yvesklienski, lighthouse... that's what they do for a living (I know there are more than know about this topic, like biophase... but couldn't think of anybody else for now).

mtnman or mtnmn or however the heck he spells it is one as well I believe

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Inphinity

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
13%
Aug 20, 2007
Auckland, NZ
Keyword analysis imo plays a much bigger role than many people give it credit for. A slightly wrong keyword / phrase can result not only in less traffic to your site, but a larger portion of the traffic you do get being wrong (i.e. they thought it was something slightly different). Make sure you have thoroughly investigated any and all keywords you plan to use both in your SEO and in any ad campaigns (AdWords etc)

mtnman

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
28%
Oct 3, 2007
You need a marketing plan...

Getting indexed happens in hours with the right techniques, and having new content spidered shouldn't be hard at all with the right platforms.

You just have to realize your market, and understand that these companies already have money to play with. You can find SEO tact, marketing strategies, and so on by googling, or even search the forum here, there are tons of things.

But most importantly, if you really want to compete as a business, how are you going to differentiate yourself?

What can you do for customers that the other, existing drop shippers can't?

How can you make the setup or backend interface easier for users to set and get rolling even faster than is currently being offered?

What kind of service or support could you formulate that may be revolutionary in that industry?

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.