The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Web site for a Brick and mortor Biz

Otter

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Sep 28, 2007
I am opening a new off-shoot of our current business(WWW.whitelakelodges.com) It is a snowmobile rental,guiding,lodging outfiter.We just finished our site,it goes live next week.Not knowing anything about SEO I registered all kinds of domain names and thougt by redirecting them to my site would help in my SEO for the site.My designer say no way wont help,can I do anything with these donaims to help my site.

Most of the names are generic names that when searching for Snowmobile rentals in NY state people would type in the searchbar.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

domular

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
18%
Jun 24, 2011
Houston, Texas, United States
Yes you can, set up blogs on those sites and either write articles related to the word or outsource them. Have a banner link on each one of the sites pointing back to your money site. Update the blogs with fresh articles and each one will start to rank for it's own phrase and send link juice back to your money site and hopefully a few visitors too.

semsniper

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
24%
Jun 29, 2011
Washington DC
Sorry, but I have to disagree.

Google is going to figure out that you own those other domains and devalue the links you get from them.
Plus as a bricks and mortor guy how are you going to handle all of those sites? I'm willing to bet you'll have a tough time keeping up with the main one, nevermind 5 or 6 of them.

Build out this one site, make it engaging, provide the answers your market wants, make it interactive & create lots of useful content. Doing so will make your site an authority & you'll take off from there.

Those other domains you have are pretty useless unless you plan on using them for tracking purposes.

If you want to generate some inbound links, create some articles, content, etc - but post them on domains that have their own authority already.... blogger, hubpages, squidoo,etc. - maybe hit some ezine sites too.

PS: You should have been thinking about SEO before you built out the site, not after :)

Milenko

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
17%
Mar 6, 2011
Cleveland, OH
Domains that exactly match the search query will give you some benefit in ranking that site for that query but the effort you'd need to put into those ancillary sites is probably best spent on your main site right now. If you're building out the sites because you think you can get some conversions from the traffic the site generates from searches that's one thing but I wouldn't spend much time on them if you're just looking for backlinks. The time you'd spend building out those sites is better spent creating content on your main site that will get links from actual authority sites in your industry.

theaer

PARKED
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Jul 10, 2011
both of the above replies are correct. There are a lot of rules that Google has (such as if all the sites are hosted on the same server, you could potentially get de-listed following the first poster's idea... I've seen that happen to some good folks over at the Warrior Forum)

If you want to use these other domains to give you "link juice" you can modify the plan a little. Get several small hosting plans (HostGator, BlueHost, or other) to host each website. It is important that you have several plans as this is the only way to have several different IPs. (Remember, it is the Class C IPs all linking to one another that'll get you into trouble.)

Setup blogs or head over to the Warrior Forum and have someone do it for you. These blogs will need to each have unique content that is generated two to three times per week. Articles should be ~400 words.

The real question from this strategy comes down to whether it is really "worth it" to do this. You can easily just provide a good service and a good design and get your rank/traffic to naturally rise without boosting it through blogs... have a couple college kids post something on their college forums and you'll get better bang for your buck than developing out all these blogs and linking them.

You don't want to get blacklisted by Google, however. So, my rule of thumb is that: It is always better to be safe than sorry.

There are certain risks that have a high enough probability in an industry that is constantly changing that they are just not worth taking. Especially if it jeopardizes your fastlane plan.

Just my two cents.

Otter

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Sep 28, 2007
Ok,Not real worried about SEO but I do want the site to get noticed,but as you can see from my posts writing is not my strong suit so blogging and finding the time to blog is not an option.
For people who do not know snowmobiling on the east coast is popular and where it is most popular is NYS,in an area called the Tug hill plateau and Old forge. My business is located in the middle of these to.So I registered some generic names
Adirondacksnowmobile.com
NewYorksnowmobilerentals.com
NYsnowmobiletours.com
NewYorksnowmobiler.com
Oldforgesnowmobile.com(good one)
Tughillsnowmobile.com(another good one)
I thought these were all good search names now I would like to figure a way to use them or get rid of them. I do not think if I started a site just to use them I am going to get rich,and do not have the time,so thinking maybe park them with links to my homepage.

Milenko

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
17%
Mar 6, 2011
Cleveland, OH
Otter - I'll PM you the link of a website I built around one keyword so you can get an idea of what you could do with your snowmobile domains. For low competition search terms (like yours probably are) a site like built like this should rank near the top. Building one for each term wouldn't take that long and the traffic they generate would at least give you an idea if it's worth it to further develop them.

domular

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
18%
Jun 24, 2011
Houston, Texas, United States
Otter - I'll PM you the link of a website I built around one keyword so you can get an idea of what you could do with your snowmobile domains. For low competition search terms (like yours probably are) a site like built like this should rank near the top. Building one for each term wouldn't take that long and the traffic they generate would at least give you an idea if it's worth it to further develop them.

This is exactly what I was saying above. For the nay sayers that think this is dangerous I can only speak from my own experience. I own disneyworldaddress.com, disneylandaddress.com disneyaddress.com and disneyweather.com all interlinked, all on the same sever, and all registered with the same domain registrar. Take a look where those rank (weather is about a month old) and I've never been slapped and all run adsense ads.

The difference as a far as I'm concerned is that each has it's own content related to that subject and it makes sense that if you want the address to Disney World you might want to check the weather also.

I have another pairing, sales site, store and 2 blogs, same thing same sever, and all registered with the same domain registrar. Again never been slapped and all rank in the top 10 for the main keywords.

And then let's not forget all the drug companies that own thousands of illness related keywords and have built sites around them and every dam one of them tries to sell the drug to fix the problem.

As far as not being a good writer again I say there is no reason you need to write it. Seriously you can get any blog post made for $10 or less.

My opinion, my reality, your mileage may vary.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.