The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Web Design Template Progress Thread

Anything considered a "hustle" and not necessarily a CENTS-based Fastlane

DCG

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
125%
Nov 15, 2022
My parents told me that I can't sell the service of making websites for businesses. But after reading the thread GOLD! - EXECUTION - How to Create a $2k+/mo Passive Income Website in 30 Days (or Less), I thought why don't I just sell website templates instead. This thread is going to document that journey. The goal of this side hustle is to be able to make a living by the time I eventually move out and stockpile money to fund higher leverage opportunities that would require money.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

locomotiv

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
108%
Apr 17, 2023
Hello my friend. How are you gonna exactly sell these templates? Are you gonna cold reach somebody who you think is in need of a website or are you just gonna use freelancing services? As someone who is thinking about the same idea i just want to see your point of view

DCG

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
125%
Nov 15, 2022
Hello my friend. How are you gonna exactly sell these templates? Are you gonna cold reach somebody who you think is in need of a website or are you just gonna use freelancing services? As someone who is thinking about the same idea i just want to see your point of view
I'm actually going to sell the templates that I'm making

Devilery

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
192%
Feb 11, 2019
Not a bad idea but you'll need to dig deep. Divi offers 311+ templates (there's more available when you sign up) for just $89 a year or $250 lifetime. 3 1 1 + for $250 and they are yours forever, and you can reuse/resell them legally.

How are you going to compete with that? Build on a specific platform? For a specific industry? Advanced functionality? Out-of-this-world designs?

I'm not asking this to bring you down but to help you make it work.

DCG

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
125%
Nov 15, 2022
Not a bad idea but you'll need to dig deep. Divi offers 311+ templates (there's more available when you sign up) for just $89 a year or $250 lifetime. 3 1 1 + for $250 and they are yours forever, and you can reuse/resell them legally.

How are you going to compete with that? Build on a specific platform? For a specific industry? Advanced functionality? Out-of-this-world designs?

I'm not asking this to bring you down but to help you make it work.
I'm going to sell on ThemeForest first and at first make single templates but then make template packs for each niche or industry. When I eventually make some sales from this I will make my own website and use Google Ads

DCG

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
125%
Nov 15, 2022
These are the two templates that I made so far, they took a little bit of time but I was able to pull it off. I'm aware that these might not get any sales but I wasn't trying to make a better product then everyone else (yet) I just wanted to be able to know the process of making the templates. The next set is going the be better the the competition.

Attachments

• Portfolio 1.png
    Portfolio 1.png
    198.9 KB · Views: 13
  • Portfolio 2.png
    Portfolio 2.png
    183.4 KB · Views: 13

Lorenzoo

Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
210%
Jul 19, 2022
Germany
My parents told me that I can't sell the service of making websites for businesses. But after reading the thread GOLD! - EXECUTION - How to Create a $2k+/mo Passive Income Website in 30 Days (or Less), I thought why don't I just sell website templates instead. This thread is going to document that journey. The goal of this side hustle is to be able to make a living by the time I eventually move out and stockpile money to fund higher leverage opportunities that would require money.
go ahead <3

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.