The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Web Based Application Programmers

cstewart

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
80%
Jul 8, 2013
Atlanta
The idea that I'm executing right now will require the customer to access a web based program to enter data that will upload to a database. I know what I want for the end results (ie. to include offline access and mobile app). However, my skills do not include programming of any sort. My question is what methods have you guys used previously to hire programmers that seem to work best? Is freelancing a preferred method? or going with a firm the best?

your thoughts?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Michael Raphael

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
71%
Jul 22, 2013
New York & Florida
I own a app development company, and I am working with some guys on this site. Message me. I love to give back as much as possible and the best way to do this is by helping people like you start their app development adventure. I obviously am slightly bias, but a firm is better. But don't get fooled by a $40k stamp by some guy in a suit. I always said, a real developer looks like shit, one looking for work is all nicely dressed and what not. why, cause he is still looking for work.

Anyways... message me if you want to discuss this on a more detailed level.

nextgen

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Jan 21, 2013
Long Island, NY
I own a app development company, and I am working with some guys on this site. Message me. I love to give back as much as possible and the best way to do this is by helping people like you start their app development adventure. I obviously am slightly bias, but a firm is better. But don't get fooled by a $40k stamp by some guy in a suit. I always said, a real developer looks like shit, one looking for work is all nicely dressed and what not. why, cause he is still looking for work.

Anyways... message me if you want to discuss this on a more detailed level.

Sounds like a sales pitch.

SABmore

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
183%
Aug 10, 2013
Not sure where you are with, as I'm just coming onto the boards. I've built a few web apps (I'm also a developer) in the past few years and have used oDesk almost exclusively for this when I needed additional assistance. I just found that the quality of the folks on oDesk vs. Elance is much better. You could also post on Craigslist for local resources. Regardless, I'd suggest that you try to find someone that will work for a fixed-price. This is not to short-change good developers, but to ensure you don't get taken for a ride. A solid developer will know exactly how long it will take to complete and therefore can figure out their own what it will take and if you've offer fits. You can cruise oDesk and look at existing contracts to see what the going rate is. If you have any specific questions, feel free to message me. All the best.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.