The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Create your own Web Application and learn Coding for 0$

The business of web design

Tyler_Durden

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
80%
Aug 14, 2023
If you want to create an Web-Application but you do not know how and where to start this is a process guide.
I am currently creating a Web Application and are pretty good with HTML, CSS, JS and Java. Even though I am not an expert or guru I can create Softwares and I am curretly following the same process I am sharing here:

So what are some general steps?

1. Specify what you want to create and look for the right programming language
A basic mobile app? An internet website? Or a videogame?

Every programming language has their pros and cons and therfore you need to find the one that suits your product the best.

Here are a basic overview from my expierience:
Creating a Web Application: You need HTML, CSS and JavaScript.
HTML - creates the basic structure of an Website.
CSS - designes the Website.
JavaScript - makes the Website work and dynamic (for example if you click a button you open a new window)

Creating an Mobile App: You can use a variety of programming languages. I think the most commonly used are Python and Java. But you also can use JavaScript
I only used Java and JavaScript so I do not know much about Python. But here are a small overview over the 2 I know:
Java - a lot of code but therefore better structured and you get an better overview and understanding about the code
JavaScript - less code but more chaotic, it was very confusing for me in the beginning

Creating an Videogame: I only started using unity when i wanted to create a videogame so if your goal is to create a videogame, I cannot really help you:(
The only thing I know is that a friend of mine used C+ to make an simple computergame and that C+ is similar to Java.

2.Download an IDEA and use free learning Websites:
An IDEA is simply a programm where you can write your code in.
VS code is probably the best IDEA for HTML,CSS and JavaScript but it also takes java python and a lot more. Therefore my recommandation: Visual Studio Code - Code Editing. Redefined
A tiny issue I had with VS code was to get started because it seemed very confusing. So just watch a few YT videos and you will be alright!

Another great IDEA for C+, Java and Python is Intelliji: https://www.jetbrains.com/de-de/idea/
I used it when I first started and it is a great beginner friendly IDEA. Only issue is that it just works for a few languages.

So you have a IDEA, now what?
Now learn programming and from time to time write your own code for the programm you want to create. But please for God´s sake do not skip the process of mastering computer languages! Sure you can create an programm with Chat GTP and yas you might even make some money. But for the longrun the programm will fall apart. What if you have server problems? What if bugs are displayed in your programm? What if a specific user has a specific problem with his account?
Chat GTP will not help you if you most need it my friend. You need to be able to code yourself and know what is written on the screen!

There a plenty of great resources for learning programming. My recommandation:
Sololean - it is free, gives great guides and focuses on pratice instead of theory only.
Other good resources are Udacity and Youtube.
Youtube is fantastic to learn programming! There are plently of free Courses on leaning languages that go over 3 hours!

Just look around a bit, the programming commuity is great on YT!

And please remeber this while learing.
You need to write code to get better at coding and to actually understand the code you are writing. You not get better at coding if you just watch hundreds of youtube videos!
It is like watching Bodybuilder videos and youtube and expect to grow muscels. It will not happen.

3. Overall process:
1. Learn to code following an online Course (does not mean that you have to finish the course before can go to step 2!)
2. Write techniques and functions down on paper while learing (for example: "System.out.println("Hello World")-- makes the programm display "Hello World"
or "Int"-value is number while "String"-value is a sentence

View attachment 51243
(Just write it down in a way you understand it, those notes are only for yourself)

3. Use the written down techniques to create your programm.
Now is the time to use what you have learned! Use some techniques to create your application. Do not worry if you get multible errors in the beginning of programming. Everyone, even Elon Musk and Zuckerberg were trash in the beginning of coding.

4. Use ChatGTP to correct your code. (See ChatGTP in your programming process as a teacher in school. You can ask for help, correction and for advices. But you would never ask your teacher to write your exams)

5. Repeat

6. Change the path when your application needs something new or different. For example if you need to include a database to your programm or you realise that another programming language is better for your goal(happend to me with Java and JavaScript) then change the path. The overall process stays the same:
1. Learn
2. implement the lessons learned
3. correct and fix errors
4. repeat

Now that process will bring you in the near future an own Application. Congrats!

If you did not understand something specific than feel free to comment your question.
Hope I could help you!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.