The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

We could do this for growth and fun?! (30 Day Challenges)

WhoDatBoy

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
135%
Jun 17, 2020
The Netherlands
I've been off to a great start. The last days were really productive and I feel awesome.

A few days back I was thinking about how I always lose the "momentum" I build up during the week in the weekends, so I hope that this challenge along with a different attitude help me break that cycle.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Sheens

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
240%
Jan 13, 2018
USA
A few days back I was thinking about how I always lose the "momentum" I build up during the week in the weekends, so I hope that this challenge along with a different attitude help me break that cycle.

Really cool how awesome the week is going for you and I hope you see it lasting through the weekend and well beyond!

A few things that have helped get through the weekend or the like is to keep the same routine/schedule that's been so good during the week.

And if feeling momentum slip, immediately do something. Get up and go for a walk. Change your scenery, meditate, or meal prep... Get physical and let the excitement of being productive take over.

ZCP

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
336%
Oct 22, 2010
Woodstock, GA
i am doing these 4:
- smile at someone (mindset)
- say no (business)
- count calories (health)
- review zp poster (mindset)

streak at 11
didn't hold the button down long enough on my streaks app for 'count calories' so it says i am at 5
cool app

Attachments

• IMG_0483.jpg
    IMG_0483.jpg
    83.1 KB · Views: 3

Sheens

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
240%
Jan 13, 2018
USA
2 weeks if you started on Oct. 20!

Day 1 if you start today! Re-starting is great if you found yourself forgetting or distracted. Compare this time to any previous and see if there's a better way for you to do it!

How are you all finding it? : )

Really noticing the way discipline feels. The words I'd use to describe it are power and shine. An inner peace that starts and ends the days.

There are 10 from the original list that are in my daily routine, leveling up this week!

AnneC

Conscious
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
392%
Jan 3, 2012
USA
Feeling pretty good! The IF has helped me re-lose these few extra pounds I gained this year.

I realized about a week in that I was trying to get too much done at the end of the day. So, I moved a few things to a morning habit stacking routine.

WhoDatBoy

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
135%
Jun 17, 2020
The Netherlands
I'm doing pretty good as well. Finished my last exam yesterday, so now I finally have some time on my hands again.

For the next few weeks I want to focus on creating some more structure in my life. This starts with a steady sleep schedule, so that's what I'll work on. The plan is to create an evening routine and to sleep at certain times with little deviation from day to day.

Furthermore, I am doing niche research to figure out what I want to dive into for my next eCommerce venture. I want it to be a long term project, so a suitable niche is essential. If anyone has any recommendations (including threads) on how to go about this I'd love to hear it! :peace:

ZCP

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
336%
Oct 22, 2010
Woodstock, GA
17 days in a row ... .let's go .... easy ONCE YOU GET STARTED

Sheens

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
240%
Jan 13, 2018
USA
Bad week for me admittedly. Dropped off during Halloween and election on getting a workout done early.

Today could be Day 1 again!

One of the best things about that is the starting high! You get to ride that high and push yourself farther.

An easy way to lose is to wait for a better day, an easier week, a better 'plan' .. most of us have these thoughts every day. Let them come and go. You got this!

Can't wait to see you beat ZCP's streak : )

LightHouse

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
163%
Aug 13, 2007
Northern VA
Bad week for me admittedly. Dropped off during Halloween and election on getting a workout done early.
Just curious as to how those 2 things relate in any way to you working out in the morning?

Thanks for the tag @ZCP... @Sheens this is a great thread, now I see what you mean when you mentioned this a few weeks ago. This is a great idea

ZCP

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
336%
Oct 22, 2010
Woodstock, GA
is @LightHouse joining us on the 30 day journey?? interested?

Sethamus

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
179%
Sep 13, 2019
Northshore area, New Orleans
Just curious as to how those 2 things relate in any way to you working out in the morning?

Thanks for the tag @ZCP... @Sheens this is a great thread, now I see what you mean when you mentioned this a few weeks ago. This is a great idea
Stayed up late and turned workout alarm off. It wasn't those exact events, but the excuse for me to stay up when I know with my current schedule that if I do not wake up early to workout it will not get done in the afternoon. Chose an extra hour of sleep over progress....probably wasn't worth it.

ZCP

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
336%
Oct 22, 2010
Woodstock, GA
21 days. who even started? who is nearly done?

who will start today?

calmed98

New Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
110%
Sep 24, 2020
London
I am late to the party! I like to think that I am getting on top of good habits. So let's say...

1 - Zero coffee a day
2 - Go for a run at least 30 minutes
3 - Studying without checking phone
4 - Learn Dutch for 30 minutes

What are my strategies:

1 - I tell myself that I am not a coffee addict (disidentifying)
2 - Do it first thing in the morning, wear jogging clothes (habit stacking)
3 - Turn my phone off (making it an inconvenience, I guess?!)
4 - Hop into Duolingo on my PC (I haven't got to it for a long while, but I am hoping to start again tomorrow)

andyhaus44

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
154%
May 17, 2017
St. Charles, MO
Currently at 31 days of no caffeine, 31 days of nofap and 2 days of not complaining at all (T Harv Eker's 7 day no complaining challenge).

Feeling like a champ and honestly the best I've felt in a long time. Rewarded myself with some ice cream. I will not go back to caffeine! After 3-4 days, the energy fades away, plus you are actually less productive.

I really like Habitify for habit tracking and Supporti is a cool app for accountability.

fenophter

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
144%
Aug 23, 2020
Malaysia
Hope it's not late to join the accountability plan.

Here I will apply the concept of "Implementation Intention" + "Habit Stacking" by the author of Atomic Habits, James Clear.

Implementation Intention : I will [HABIT] at [TIME] in [PLACE].

Habit Stacking : After [ROUTINE], I will [HABIT].

30 Day Habits Plan
  1. I will wake up before 7.30 am.
  2. After brushing my teeth in the morning, I will read non-fiction for at least 30 minutes.
  3. After the reading session, I will take a cold shower.
  4. I will work out for 10 minutes at 5.00 pm every day.
Purpose of Each Habit
Reading : Knowledge expansion. Compounded growth. Building my competitive edge.
Cold Shower : Stepping outside my comfort zone. Face my fears.
Workout : Self-discipline. Confidence. Health. One of the keystone habits that will affect all areas in your life.

Other Problem(s) to be Solved
Social Media Addiction : Endless scrolling through Instagram. Had the thought of deleting the app, but I think the main reason is not to miss my friends' activities and stories. A secondary reason is that I am managing a side Instagram account.

Anyone has faced a similar problem like this before?
How do you manage a business account, while making sure you don't mindlessly scroll for new contents and stories?

Update #1 : 23 Oct 2020

I was a snooze-guy every morning until I learnt about this.
I had to set many consecutive alarms and I might even miss the last one.

Not anymore. Here's a trick by Ramit Sethi ...

Use COOL instead of HOT emotions when you're dealing with habits.
:xx: HOT -- "Ughh not the alarm again. It's so bright outside! I just want to sleep for another 5 minutes."
:check: COOL -- "The alarm went off. It's at 7.00 am. Time to wake up." Then I get up and make my bed.

No hard feelings needed. It's embedded within myself. "I am a person who wakes up early."

This GOLD! Article (8 Steps That Will Radically Change Your Life In 30 Days Or Less, Guaranteed) by MJ gave me an idea on how to deal with social media addiction.

I've changed my passwords into something difficult to be remembered.
To prevent easy access, I also logged them out from my phone.

For the desktop browser, I am using a Chrome extension called LeechBlock NG.
It blocks the site and delays 60 seconds every time I want to access to social media websites.

Basically, I am making it hard to access. Prevents me from acquiring instant gratification from social media.

Now, I have to do something useful that contributes to my goal...
To compensate for the dopamine loss from social media withdrawal.

Update #2: 11 Nov 2020

I did miss some habits sometimes but I did not skip them two days in a row.
Built a Habit Tracker using Notion (free app) by following a tutorial by RedGregory on YouTube.
Extremely helpful to visualize the habit completion progress and fully customizable to suit our needs.

A quick view of the Habit Tracker:

1605063716548.png1605063766786.png

Further actions that are taken to cope with my social media addiction:
  1. Blocked instead of delayed access to social media at certain times in the day.
  2. Hid my phone during the day (remove the source of distraction).
  3. Deleted social media app and only install them after completing a hard workout.

Sheens

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
240%
Jan 13, 2018
USA
Way to go @calum.medlock, @andyhaus44, @ZCP, and @fenophter! You guys are rockin this!

@Sethamus, @WhoDatBoy, @peterb0yd, @AnneC, @CareCPA, @BellaPippin, @Kasimir how's it goin for you?

Another idea for anyone that's finishing this round, hasn't started, or wants to add in another at any time, lol : )..
What do you guys think of taking 7 days to try something completely new to you? Something you haven't tried before and now ready for the challenge?

Could be anything again as long as it is good for you personally and working towards your goals.

CareCPA

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
356%
May 2, 2017
Pennsylvania
Way to go @calum.medlock, @andyhaus44, @ZCP, and @fenophter! You guys are rockin this!

@Sethamus, @WhoDatBoy, @peterb0yd, @AnneC, @CareCPA, @BellaPippin, @Kasimir how's it goin for you?

Another idea for anyone that's finishing this round, hasn't started, or wants to add in another at any time, lol : )..
What do you guys think of taking 7 days to try something completely new to you? Something you haven't tried before and now ready for the challenge?

Could be anything again as long as it is good for you personally and working towards your goals.
Oh man, I completely forgot.
I need to find a "Streaks" app for android so I can't use that excuse anymore.

LifeisSuffering

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
60%
Aug 14, 2020
Nice Initial
i'm doing it for about a 20 days and i founded this thread, i will add mine:

i'm performing my trading strategy
i'm quiting social media
Meditate

WhoDatBoy

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
135%
Jun 17, 2020
The Netherlands
I'm doing pretty good. Had one small slip up when hanging out with friends who were smoking, but I just accepted it without resentment. I'm happy with the progress I am making, and the new habits I am forming. Also, I must admit I did not meditate everyday, but I definitely do meditate most days now.

The 7 day challenge sounds fun, but I must say I can't think of anything I never did before that I can actually try out in these quarantine times. Any suggestions?

Sethamus

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
179%
Sep 13, 2019
Northshore area, New Orleans
Definitely better this week on working out. The only days skipped were the two days where I hand dug a 70ft ditch for an electric line to my shed (harder than the workout I would have been doing). Also added no alcohol for 30 days last Saturday and cruising through that. The test will be Sunday( going to a football game) and the 21st, we are having a party for the 1 year old with friends and family.

AnneC

Conscious
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
392%
Jan 3, 2012
USA
Haven't missed a day with IF. I just couldn't concentrate last week. Too many distractions. I scheduled a float (sensory deprivation tank) for tomorrow afternoon to hit the reset button. Next 30 day challenge will be focused on physical activity for me. I just haven't made that a habit or priority, although I know I need to.

For the no caffeine guys - @andyhaus44 and @calum.medlock - I decided to stop drinking coffee earlier this year, when a one-day fast gave me the most insane withdrawals. I'm feeling pretty good on no caffeine and no alcohol.

ZCP

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
336%
Oct 22, 2010
Woodstock, GA
day 23 done. day 24 going.

@CareCPA get an iphone too ..... one business line (android) , one personal line (ios) ....... be badass w/ two phones .... get your business line answered by a service

CareCPA

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
356%
May 2, 2017
Pennsylvania
day 23 done. day 24 going.

@CareCPA get an iphone too ..... one business line (android) , one personal line (ios) ....... be badass w/ two phones .... get your business line answered by a service
My accountant says I need to keep overhead down, and that two phones are unnecessary.

However, I have actually considered having two phones. The urge to check work email outside of work hours is too strong. I think tech-addiction is a real thing.

ZCP

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
336%
Oct 22, 2010
Woodstock, GA
a 'work' phone that is now answered by a service and that i can 'leave at the house' on weekends is awesome.....
well worth the $20 or whatever for the extra line ...

AND you won't be as square with your young ones as Daddy will have a 'real' phone!!

AND you can get the streaks app and quit making excuses!!

ZCP

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
336%
Oct 22, 2010
Woodstock, GA
My accountant says I need to keep overhead down, and that two phones are unnecessary.
what the hell does an accountant know about running a business?

BellaPippin

B is for Beast
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
275%
Jul 16, 2015
Chicago, IL

Omg @Sheens I did it one day. One. Was thinking about this a day or so ago. :arghh:

The worst is that the solution to the reason I didn’t do this is ...meditating

My mind is in so many places at the same time except in the present I feel it’s 9am and suddenly it’s bedtime and idk what I did with my day.

Sheens

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
240%
Jan 13, 2018
USA
The 7 day challenge sounds fun, but I must say I can't think of anything I never did before that I can actually try out in these quarantine times. Any suggestions?

Sure! I'll try to make it a generalized and hopefully quarantine friendly list for you! Let me know if we should make a bigger list!

Have you tried not ordering food in and cooking healthy meals for an entire week? Tried intermittent fasting? You mentioned meditating for 10 minutes a day, have you tried to go over 30 minutes or follow an online guided meditation? Is there a subject that you've never studied and could be important for your business? Any physical challenge like yoga, dancing, or lifting at home that would be different for you? Try an artistic talent of music, drawing, painting..? Do you follow a dedicated morning routine?

My mind is in so many places at the same time except in the present I feel it’s 9am and suddenly it’s bedtime and idk what I did with my day.

Yeah, that is so tough. And are you giving yourself the credit you deserve for the things you are doing?!! List them out throughout the day so it's a bit easier to remember where that time went and adjust it for the next day?

Could you possibly meditate in the first hour you're awake?

My current trick for being present in the moment is the simple wiggling toes to force your mind into being aware of that very second. That's it, heh, I wiggle toes and re-focus on the task at hand or conversation.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.