The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Ways to make money for chronically tired or exhausted people

Anything considered a "hustle" and not necessarily a CENTS-based Fastlane

Deatheye

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
233%
Sep 3, 2021
Hi, im in a bit of impass. Im in a stiuation where its hard do daily activities, even thinking for most of the day. I get about 3 hours where im not exhausted a day. Is there an idea or a side hustle or something that can help me generate an income based on my verry limited thinking/energy window?

I do not yet know whats causing this condition and the medics in my country arent any help.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Rangermac2

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Jun 1, 2020
Tennessee
Hi, im in a bit of impass. Im in a stiuation where its hard do daily activities, even thinking for most of the day. I get about 3 hours where im not exhausted a day. Is there an idea or a side hustle or something that can help me generate an income based on my verry limited thinking/energy window?

I do not yet know whats causing this condition and the medics in my country arent any help.
Hi, I really can't tell you much. But I am a busy person. For all side hustles, businesses and whatever else that makes you your own boss you go from a 9-5 to a 24/7. But that doesn't mean you are out of options. Of all through history has come plenty of opportunities and with just a little thought you could find one (this isn't much help). For me, I have taken a large risk and trade stocks as a swing trader when I've got my daily obligations. I take 1 hour of analysis time and it can be straight forward if you simplify it. Do keep in mind that you will be taking a risk, but where won't you? (You won't at a 9-5). Dedicating just one hour and risk management you can increase your wealth and good news is that NYSE is open from 9-30-4:30 Monday through Friday and you can do analysis when you want! You basically choose the hours you work and then set automatic triggers or monitor your trades. I hope this helps and wasn't biased. Some other fields like construction or web design you will have to use lots of physical and mental labor. I wish you best and hope you are okay if there is a diagnosed condition

Edit: If you choose the route of the stock market consider an API, while it can produce risk - if programmed properly it would be able to sustainably trade for you based on your capital

Last edited:
G

Guest-5ty5s4

any headaches or dizziness? Have you had an MRI? Could it be breathing related? Heart related?

I would go see a doctor ASAP.

MycoMan

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
225%
Jan 17, 2022

modafinil would help you a lot.

Bekit

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
493%
Aug 13, 2018

I was in a similar position for about 4 years. Doctors didn't offer me any help, either. So I've done a lot of thinking about it.

Do you have the basics covered? A roof over your head, food to eat, etc.? Or does this need to start making money for you now?

Assuming that you have the basics covered to at least give you a runway, here are a couple of ways to look at it...

Time Calculation Angle
- 3 hours a day is 15 hours a week. That's 780 hours in a year. Let's just round it to 800 to make the math easy
- Any type of business that anyone builds is going to take some block of hours to create.
- Whereas someone else working 40 hours might put in their 800 hours in 20 weeks, it might take you a year to do it.
- But take into consideration that a lot of people who supposedly put in an 8-hour day only get about 3-4 hours of focused work anyway. The rest is often wasted effort or procrastinating or action faking. So assuming that you actually did 3 hours of stuff that moves the needle, you could potentially even out-execute that person who is putting in 40-hour weeks but just "playing around." You have a situation that's prodding you to take your 3 hours more seriously than the average person. So you shouldn't put it past possibility that you can genuinely do something legitimate in those 3 hours.
- You might get there slower, but you'd still eventually reach it.

Looking at it a different way...

"It's not that different" angle
- A lot of people have to use their "outside of work" hours to work on their side hustle, so 3 hours a day is actually pretty standard for most people building a business.
- And most people are also fairly exhausted by the time they've fulfilled the obligations of job & family and they reach the portion of their day where they can work on the side hustle. They're typically sacrificing sleep to do it.
- So as long as you don't have to work another job, too, while you're building up, you should be able to make something work in 3 hours a day.

Inspiration angle
- Check out Jon Morrow. He has built a $1M/year business... and he can't move anything but his face.
- Check out the late Sean Stephenson. He had a disease that made his bones brittle... but he is one of the most positive, inspirational people you'll ever listen to. He made a bunch of money as a mindset coach to high-caliber entrepreneurs.
- Running a business is probably the BEST way for you to proceed and fund your life if you're in a health situation like that. Anything less is going to just leave you depending on other people.

The perspectives above would theoretically allow you to take up ANY pursuit in the world. But let's narrow it down a bit to take into account the constraints you are under and rule a lot of things out.

Closed doors
- You don't have a lot of physical energy, so you want to do something that requires the minimum of exertion and effort. Let's rule out construction jobs, house cleaning, and anything that requires manual labor.
- You don't want to spend a lot of years just getting to the point where you're profitable. You want something that you can build relatively quickly to the point where it's profitable. Get some wins under your belt, and then turn that into something bigger down the road.
- You probably also don't want something that has high upfront costs. If you were massively wealthy and could just buy a functioning business that someone else is managing, that would be an easy choice, but most people aren't going to have that luxury.

Open doors
- You have a computer and an internet connection. This immediately opens the doors to copywriting and web design, both of which are options that many people have been successful at in 3 hours a day or less.
- Another natural fit that suits a situation where you don't have a lot of energy is to find the biggest problem you can and solve it with leadership. You are the leader, the spearhead, the visionary, and the project manager. Other people are doing the work.
- Whatever you do, build good systems that support you and support the work getting done without you.
- Sales is another option for making more money with less time. If interaction with people is exhausting, never mind, but if you thrive on human interaction, that could be a great fit.
- Teaching people to do a high-value skill can also be a great option.

Reviewing the fundamentals of how to make money
-
The CENTS framework is your friend. Review it if you haven't already.
- Find a need. Money comes to those who meet a need or solve a problem. The bigger the problem you can solve, the more people who have this problem, and the more painful the problem is, the more money will come your way.
- Look at your skills and natural abilities. Where do you have prior knowledge? What industries have you been exposed to? What problem do people in those industries have?
- Forget the advice to "do what you love." Look for the intersection where your skills meet a big need and you know you can solve the problem. If it happens to be something you love, too, that's a bonus, but not a prerequisite.

Hope this helps!

fastlaner_1992

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
82%
Nov 8, 2018

Should work on your health 1st. You've probably got things wrong with you.

I say detox aka fast for 3-10 days (just water - most can only do 3 and that's enough), then replace your diet with greens & leans meats, carbs - eliminate sugar and excessive salt, fibre rich (so you can take good poos). Get a water filter and drink 3 litres daily minimum.

Also supplementation: vitamin D, magnesium, calcium & zinc, vitamin C, multivitamin, fish oil (omega 3) - side note if you have serotonin issues take some 5HTP and sleep issues take Valerian + Melatonin.

Then re-read 'The Millionaire Fastlane ' and get to work baby!

srodrigo

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
Sep 11, 2018
I'm no doctor, but get:
  • regular exercise - both strength and cardio.
  • good diet - Mediterranean, for example, no need for extreme diets. Avoid refined grains as the plague, whole ones are ok and one of the (forgotten) pillars of good diets.
  • good sleep habits - go to bed at X time every day, add blue screen filters, etc., in case you haven't yet.
  • cut on mental energy sinks - Social media, YouTube, etc.
That might do the trick and will have long term benefits regardless of any kind of side hustle.

Guyfieri5

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
159%
Jul 13, 2019
Raleigh, North Carolina
any headaches or dizziness? Have you had an MRI? Could it be breathing related? Heart related?

I would go see a doctor ASAP.
I agree with this. Make sure you don't have a medical condition. If you come back clear, check your diet, get enough sleep, and get some exercise. Your main focus should be getting those energy levels up. To answer your main question, do you have any skills you could translate into some income?
In the meantime, here is an excellent video I watched not long ago that may help you with your situation when it comes to time management and getting the most out of those few productive hours:
View: https://youtu.be/vja6gTmwGf0

Deatheye

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
233%
Sep 3, 2021
Firstly I want to thank you for your responses, secondly Il clarify a few things.
I have the basics covered thankfully.
Regarding the doctor ive kept going to various specialties but ive gotten gaslighted alot , sayng that is psychological(its not) and the appointments take a rly long time untill I get to said specialties.
Ive had an mri and nothing suspicious showed up.
And I did try fasting last year and felt great, for 12 hour after the fast and then went to my tierd baseline again.
Curently i consider im too skinny to try again.
1.As for skills I can make basic websites, did a course a while back.
2.I allso know how recording software works.
3.Tried to do some va stuff but health issues got in the way badly.
4.Idk if playing videogames would count, not that even now id be able to do it much anymore.
5.Im not sure if this counts but I know how to read medical papers, altough its especially exhausting.

Though I hope im at the right lead right now, curently following treatment for parasites(I hope this is the cause and it will solve it ).

Thank you and I hope I didnt worry you wth the late response.

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
Did you have blood tests? Tests for lime? Mold?

You said you felt great after fasting, was that for days or have you tried intermittent fasting?

Does caffeine affect you?

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
493%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas

That kind of exhaustion is a problem to solve, not an excuse to embrace.

I’d say start exercising. Like hard. Like Goggins level. If you haven’t tried it yet, it’s counterintuitive.

Deatheye

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
233%
Sep 3, 2021
Did you have blood tests? Tests for lime? Mold?

You said you felt great after fasting, was that for days or have you tried intermittent fasting?

Does caffeine affect you?
Ive had a couple blood tests as complete as my insurance covers. Lime not yet. Mold not yet.

After 6 day water fast. tried intermitent fasting for a couple of months and I didnt get the same effect.

Cafeine makes me even more scatterbrained for some reason, though I can tolarate low amounts withouth that effect usually from tea.

Rangermac2

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Jun 1, 2020
Tennessee
Firstly I want to thank you for your responses, secondly Il clarify a few things.
Regarding the doctor ive kept going to various specialties but ive gotten gaslighted alot , sayng that is psychological(its not) and the appointments take a rly long time untill I get to said specialties.
And I did try fasting last year and felt great, for 12 hour after the fast and then went to my tierd baseline again.
4.Idk if playing videogames would count, not that even now id be able to do it much anymore.
5.Im not sure if this counts but I know how to read medical papers, altough its especially exhausting.

Though I hope im at the right lead right now, curently following treatment for parasites(I hope this is the cause and it will solve it ).

Hopefully you find the cause for your exhaustion soon. Could it be your schedule or even the people you are around. Truly problems can be rooted in our daily habits, for instance (not saying you do this) if you spend 15 mins a day on social media its very subtle and not very impactful but once you take 15 * 365 / 60 is ~90 hours spend which does become a large amount of time. As someone said earlier you made need to exercise and really work hard in your workouts/activities as your fatigue may be a result of being sedentary if you do a lot of sitting. As you said when you fasted, you felt larger improvements in energy. You still need to eat and maintain yourself but try different forms of diets, maybe a lean meat diet with higher oils such as a Mediterranean style diet with fish and chickpeas for protein, and eat things like olives. For natural sugars try something like honey with apples. But it could be a problem and not an excuse that must be solved, if there's an issue try everything in your power to solve it in your scope. Find a diet that meets your standards, gives you energy, makes you feel strong but light, get good sleep, exercise regularly, read a book, and give yourself some time each night to decompress from the day you went through good or bad.

I'm in no way a medical professional, but from my experiences and others when dealing with exhaustion and fatigue these can be good ways to fix them. It may only take one solution it may take all of them in a combination.
I hope that you improve from this and that you become the best you can be in all aspects of your life.

WJK

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
256%
Oct 9, 2017
Alaska

My question to you is what have you been doing? What's going on in your life?

I've had periods of time in my life when I'm just plain tired. It was usually after a major project or an accomplishment that has taken long sustained effort. An example was when I finished law school while working my normal 60 hour week career. When I have burned the candle at both ends for too long, my body gives out. Then I'm just plain tired. I have to cut way back and rest a lot.

I also get tired after an emotional blow -- a death -- a loss -- a major failure... Some events take an adjustment time. Although I register it as a feeling of being tired, it's actually a step in grief.

nickalden

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
132%
Sep 5, 2020
indonesia
i think it’ll be beneficial to get ur bloodwork done. check for liver function sgpt sgot gamma gt. if its bad, you’ll feel tired a lot. I excercise 2x a day, have perfect bmi and for some reason have a fatty liver. still feels tired after sleeping 10hrs

Bekit

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
493%
Aug 13, 2018

If you can read medical papers, one avenue you could pursue is doing research for copywriters in the health supplements niche. There's always a need for doing research into the studies that support whatever mechanism or angle the supplement is taking. Some copywriters do this research themselves, but others outsource it to a research assistant because it is time and labor intensive. There's money in the niche. Might be worth looking into. If you got to the point where you were offering services to the top copywriters in the health space, you'd probably do pretty well.

Here's the basic gist of how it works.

Let's say someone is selling a probiotic.

Sales are sluggish and probiotics are not very sexy. So in the effort to freshen up the sales angle, they comb the available research literature in order to see if there's any fresh, new angle that would help to make an interesting story that can stimulate sales of the probiotic. That means looking at all the studies on (insert probiotic strain here) to see if anything stands out or isn't common knowledge.

Let's say you find a study that shows (I am just making this up) that this strain of probiotic has a beneficial side effect. In addition to contributing to gut health, it also reversed the loss of smell in 68% of people who took it.

The copywriter can then take this information from the study and write up a piece that hooks people in who have lost their sense of smell after COVID.

It opens up a whole new market.

That's just a made up example, but the actual process of researching the studies to find interesting examples of unexplored angles could be an avenue that could be profitable.

-

If fasting helped you, then it would likely suggest something in your diet is not agreeing with you.

You might want to research the GAPS diet and the low-FODMAP diet. I also agree with testing for Lyme and mold. Have you been to a naturopath doctor?

Based on personal experience, I think if it was parasites, then fasting would have been miserable. When you fast, any parasites present in your system get ANGRY.

Hope you get the answers you need soon!

kristyblair

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
48%
Jun 8, 2017
Forked River NJ
i think it’ll be beneficial to get ur bloodwork done. check for liver function sgpt sgot gamma gt. if its bad, you’ll feel tired a lot. I excercise 2x a day, have perfect bmi and for some reason have a fatty liver. still feels tired after sleeping 10hrs
take out dairy and meats..you probably have insulin resistance. I have the something and dr put me on Vegan diet. Also...organic as pesticides can cause fatty liver

JDE

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 11, 2017
Edmonton
Great responses here. I've experienced years of health uncertainty myself, and I've worked as a physio with hundreds of people with chronic pain, fatigue, etc.

The difference between the people that got better and improved and the ones that didn't was almost always mindset, not whatever ailment they had.

The ones that focused on their illness and how bad it was and how bad it would be to live in such a state forever, would get worse and worse.

The ones who focused on how good their life would be once they fully recovered, typically would recover. I believe we all draw energy from the future we envision in our mind (whether that is a good future, or bad). When you look forward do you see uncertain years of health and energy issues, or getting better, crushing a business, making cool things happen?

Keep doing tests until there are no tests left to do to rule out the physical. Then work on your mind and your thoughts, no matter what is causing your issues, you would be amazed at what you can do when your mindset is on point.

nickalden

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
132%
Sep 5, 2020
indonesia
take out dairy and meats..you probably have insulin resistance. I have the something and dr put me on Vegan diet. Also...organic as pesticides can cause fatty liver
woah thank you very much, ill try ask my doc about this. hows your condition now? my sgpt sgot and gamma gt levels are always above the limit and i feel sluggish everytime I eat. it got so bad when I tried to bulk up, eating lots of protein and drank milkshakes.

heavy_industry

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
541%
Apr 17, 2022
I believe we all draw energy from the future we envision in our mind
Such a wonderful way of saying it!

@Deatheye have you tried carnivore or some type of restriction diet? A lot of people are mildly allergic or intolerant to some foods, and chronic fatigue or even depression is one of the common symptoms.

Happyheart

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
147%
Dec 11, 2020

You have said in your previous posts, that nothing serious has been found medically and that the doctors point out that the problem may be psychological, which you do not feel is the case.
Fatigue is a common problem, that can have many causes. Infections and a period after an infection, anemia, thyroid problems, malnutrition, problems with the adrenal glands, cancer, but common causes are also stress and depression. If tiredness persists after a few weeks, most doctors will usually do some tests to rule out the most common problems, that need specific therapy. They do this as not to miss something like severe anemia, a tumor, heart problems or a thyroid gland that is not working, but at the same time they know, that psychosomatic problems are among the most common causes of the problem of tiredness. It is nice that you had an MRI, albeit probably not necessary, and it is even nicer, that nothing was found in the MRI. Trust me, you would NOT want your MRI result to lead to a diagnosis, because I can think of no disease detectable by MRI that you would like to have. This makes it more likely, that your problem is caused by stress or depression.

That said, it is always good to keep an open mind to other causes. You have gotten some good advice about trying to change your nutrition and so on. Depending on what country you live in, you may also want to be checked for tuberculosis or malaria. But if the cause should be psychosomatic, this is good, rather than bad and it certainly does NOT mean, that you are just making it up. It just means, that your body and mind are intertwined. There are times in our lives, that we take on more than we can bear at this particular time and that the body tries to tell us something. Some people get headaches, some stomachaches, some diarrhea, some feel sad and others will feel tired, really really tired and exhausted. Stress and depression are physical afflictions, with hormone imbalances, leading to an imbalance of neurotransmitters in the brain, which can lead to exactly the symptoms you describe. This will usually resolve over a few months, especially if you take the advice to take good care of yourself, to eat healthy, to take up sports and to work on your goals.

So try to live the best life while you get this resolved and try working on your goals a few hours a day.
Wishing you well,
Happyheart

P.S.
If you are underweight, it may be a good idea to look into nutritional deficiencies (e.g. B-vitamins, B12, iron, etc.)

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.