- Joined
- Jan 13, 2016
- Messages
- 31
Rep Bank
$280
$280
User Power: 103%
I'll quickly introduce myself. I'm 20 years old, soon to be 21. I live with my parents and have never had a job. I've always made money from eBay on the side and focused on my main career, whatever it may be. A few months ago it was my passion to play poker, and while this was actually going reasonably well, there is too many unforeseeable circumstances in poker that could affect me too much. Therefore, i quit poker at the end of November.
Roughly a month ago i read the fast lane millionaire. It literally took my 3 days to read, the fastest book read by far. I was hooked. I then decided to make a brainstorm and come up with several ideas, which lead me to coming up with an app i'd like to create. Although, i don't have too much capital to go and invest in someone to make the project for me. I've also discussed the idea with a few friends and they are all pretty amazed by the idea.
This brings me to now. I decided to write a timetable for me to stick to. gym at x hour, developing app and y hour etc spending say 6-8 hours a day trying to learn how to code. The first few days i stuck to it. In fact i was pretty impressed with how much i learnt the first few days.
Although now, it just all feels like it's fell through and i seem to slowly lose motivation and procrastinate that little bit more each day. Instead of working for the 90 minute session i've set, i'll work for say 50 minutes one day, then 40 minutes the next, then go on social media and other distractions in between sessions. I then think "Tomorrow will be different" although it's just not. Sometimes i do find learning to code a daunting task, but how do I just push through and stay focused? How do I make sure i get the 6, 7 or 8 hours of work i've planned to do without suddenly procrastinating or letting my mind wonder elsewhere? How do I stay consistent day in day out?
Just to add, here's a few things i do each day as a sort of ritual:
- Motivational video every morning
- Read my Why's? every morning
- Wake up at 7am
- Gym everyday
Roughly a month ago i read the fast lane millionaire. It literally took my 3 days to read, the fastest book read by far. I was hooked. I then decided to make a brainstorm and come up with several ideas, which lead me to coming up with an app i'd like to create. Although, i don't have too much capital to go and invest in someone to make the project for me. I've also discussed the idea with a few friends and they are all pretty amazed by the idea.
This brings me to now. I decided to write a timetable for me to stick to. gym at x hour, developing app and y hour etc spending say 6-8 hours a day trying to learn how to code. The first few days i stuck to it. In fact i was pretty impressed with how much i learnt the first few days.
Although now, it just all feels like it's fell through and i seem to slowly lose motivation and procrastinate that little bit more each day. Instead of working for the 90 minute session i've set, i'll work for say 50 minutes one day, then 40 minutes the next, then go on social media and other distractions in between sessions. I then think "Tomorrow will be different" although it's just not. Sometimes i do find learning to code a daunting task, but how do I just push through and stay focused? How do I make sure i get the 6, 7 or 8 hours of work i've planned to do without suddenly procrastinating or letting my mind wonder elsewhere? How do I stay consistent day in day out?
Just to add, here's a few things i do each day as a sort of ritual:
- Motivational video every morning
- Read my Why's? every morning
- Wake up at 7am
- Gym everyday
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
