The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Hyperinflation starting? What's happening in your area? Post your ground reports.

23Infinity

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
111%
Jan 4, 2019
Canada
I don't think that the old "war economy" works anymore. Our weapons are too drastic and too far-reaching. We could blow up Mother Earth these days. You're right that most voters vote for their comfort. I think the only way out is to expand the economy, cut red tape, and cut taxes to spur growth. We could grow our way out of this in a scant few years.

The change of currency has been tried several times. It can work and it can go terribly wrong. A shining example is Germany after WWI. And then we got Hitler.

Maybe the war economy of the last century is the covid/lockdown economy of the current period? I'm sure the people who make these decisions are smart enough to bring on such a monetary/debt reset without changing the currency overtly, like rather some sort of indirect method that involves tools such as a central bank digital currency that can be programmed to fit whatever economic agenda they need to push.

I agree with what you suggest as a way out, in addition to that an alternate way to mitigate the current inflation would be unprecedented support of oil & gas industry across the Western hemisphere to lower oil prices significantly and bring down input costs, but obviously its a dream since most of the current western governments seem to be pushing an anti-energy agenda.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
My group health insurance costs went up 18% this year.
My personal insurance costs (auto, umbrella, etc.) went up 17% in one year.
My property taxes, 60% in 2 years.

Folks, when it comes to reality and what the Federal government, the Federal reserve, and the media is shoving down your throat, never believe them.

Truth is not on your TV or in some government report. It always sits right in front of your face.

Chris_Varick

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
97%
Feb 8, 2021
North Germany
I must say the only good thing about the inflation is that it is now more clear than ever that the slow lane is absolute garbage. Saving your way to of it is pointless. I just talked to a neighbor who is retired and has a € 1000 to live although he worked all his life. He owns a house and once a repair needs to be done, its over. In the end the house owns him. There is no running away - if the wages are increased ( just look at UAW union what they are demanding) they will put the prices on top of the end product so there is no winning. Only more losing for people who are not able to have increased wages. Energy costs here in Europe lead to stagflation (higher prices with less demand) at the moment and political systems on the right and left wing are rising as a consequence. All of the risks M.J. warned us about in his books when living as a slowlaner or as a side walker are now really coming to light.

EmotionEngine

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
214%
Sep 15, 2020
United States
All in 1 week span. When it rains it pours...

• My insurance with State Farm (car/renters) just went up 16.91% without any accidents or claims. Quote from bill on why and it states the following: "Rating Change Rates have been changed." :rofl:
  • The apartment I rent sent me a letter that when my lease is up in March, they will be increasing it by 14.65%. Nearly $2,000 for a studio. By city law they had to give a really early notice for rent increases over a certain percentage. That's why I'm finding out now. Will not renew. More than likely leaving and going to a cheaper area or getting out of this state altogether.

Last edited:

emavery176

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
Sep 21, 2023
  • The apartment I rent sent me a letter that when my lease is up in March, they will be increasing it by 14.65%. Nearly $2,000 for a studio. By city law they had to give a really early notice for rent increases over a certain percentage. That's why I'm finding out now. Will not renew. More than likely leaving and going to a cheaper area or getting out of this state altogether.
I wish my state had similar laws. My rent has gone up $300 - twice! I didn't know until lease renewals which were 90 days before the lease ended.

msufan

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
202%
Mar 13, 2013

• My insurance with State Farm (car/renters) just went up 16.91% without any accidents or claims. Quote from bill on why and it states the following: "Rating Change Rates have been changed." :rofl:
Car insurance up 20% here as well

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.