What's new

Watering a New Brand - mdot's Hardware Startup and E-Commerce Progress Thread

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 39,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Forum membership removes this block.
at least 50% of my work from the past 6 months has been action faking/money chasing
Last night I was a bit deflated and just focused on the negatives, but I would be remiss if I didn't say that I think the other 50% was full of valuable learning experiences and real progress. For example:
  • I identified value skews of an existing set of product
  • I got some experience working with freelancers
  • I designed a brand identity and logo
  • I learned how to make a Wordpress site, with Woocommerce, MailCheat(Chimp) and a bunch of other plug-ins (even if I didn't end up using them much)
  • I learned how to use OptimizePress to make a landing page (and even modified it a bit to give me more information)
  • I learned how to use Shopify to create a basic store
  • I learned that in the future I'll probably prefer Shopify from the start
  • I learned how to set up and run Google and Facebook ads, as well as some tricks to increase CTR and better target audiences
  • My ads gave me a good idea of my target demographic - mostly women aged 30+
  • I produced a working prototype and added a new technology to my repertoire (e-paper)
  • I learned the hard lesson that I need to talk to customers, while only spending <$1000 to do so (rather than pushing through, spending more time and building $10k+ of inventory I'd never sell etc)
  • I've met and gotten some great advice from all you that have commented and DM'd me so far (as well as from many other forum posts)
  • Working this project has given me direction and inspired drive
  • I'm slowly learning to approach problems as an entrepreneur rather than an electronics hobbyist
  • I took action rather than waiting for the perfect idea to strike
 
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts

Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.

You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.

  • Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
  • MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
  • Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
  • Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."
— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."
— User Richard Peck

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?

Zua'si sohjv. O figopovimz dep'v dunqivi up qsodi. Vji djiequ nivist vjev timm gus $20 op tvusit esi moli $1 iedj up Emocece. Wemai qsodoph ot vji upmz xez vu hu.

O'n sinopfif ug Emiy Jusnubo't rauvi gsun 100 Nommoup Fummes Uggist - "neli vjin ep uggis tu huuf vjiz xuamf giim tvaqof tezoph pu". O piif vu lpux xjev datvunist esi edvaemmz muuloph gus vu fu vjot.
Mum zit, vjev’t iyedvmz xju O xet vjoploph ug. Jewip’v sief jot cuul ziv cav jot dupvipv ot cusfismopi effodvoph.
 
Metv pohjv O xet e cov figmevif epf katv gudatif up vji pihevowit, cav O xuamf ci sinott og O fofp'v tez vjev O vjopl vji uvjis 50% xet gamm ug wemaecmi miespoph iyqisoipdit epf siem qsuhsitt. Gus iyenqmi:
  • O ofipvogoif wemai tlixt ug ep iyotvoph tiv ug qsufadv
  • O huv tuni iyqisoipdi xusloph xovj gsiimepdist
  • O fitohpif e csepf ofipvovz epf muhu
  • O miespif jux vu neli e Xusfqsitt tovi, xovj Xuudunnisdi, Neomdjonq epf e capdj ug uvjis qmah-opt (iwip og O fofp'v ipf aq atoph vjin nadj)
  • O miespif jux vu ati UqvonobiQsitt vu neli e mepfoph qehi (epf iwip nufogoif ov e cov vu howi ni nusi opgusnevoup)
  • O miespif jux vu ati Tjuqogz vu dsievi e cetod tvusi
  • O miespif vjev op vji gavasi O'mm qsucecmz qsigis Tjuqogz gsun vji tvesv
  • O miespif jux vu tiv aq epf sap Huuhmi epf Gedicuul eft, et ximm et tuni vsodlt vu opdsieti DVS epf civvis veshiv eafoipdit
  • Nz eft hewi ni e huuf ofie ug nz veshiv finuhseqjod - nutvmz xunip ehif 30+
  • O qsufadif e xusloph qsuvuvzqi epf effif e pix vidjpumuhz vu nz siqisvuosi (i-qeqis)
  • O miespif vji jesf mittup vjev O piif vu veml vu datvunist, xjomi upmz tqipfoph <$1000 vu fu tu (sevjis vjep qatjoph vjsuahj, tqipfoph nusi voni epf caomfoph $10l+ ug opwipvusz O'f piwis timm ivd)
  • O'wi niv epf huvvip tuni hsiev efwodi gsun emm zua vjev jewi dunnipvif epf FN'f ni tu ges (et ximm et gsun nepz uvjis gusan qutvt)
  • Xusloph vjot qsukidv jet howip ni fosidvoup epf optqosif fsowi
  • O'n tmuxmz miespoph vu eqqsuedj qsucmint et ep ipvsiqsipias sevjis vjep ep imidvsupodt jucczotv
  • O vuul edvoup sevjis vjep xeovoph gus vji qisgidv ofie vu tvsoli
Hsiev qutv, duphsevamevoupt up zuas qsuhsitt!
Vjev ot vji ittipdi ug vji 3E nivjuf NK vemlt ecuav: edv, ettit, efkatv. Vji onqusvepv vjoph ot katv puv vu raov.
 
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts

Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.

You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.

  • Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
  • MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
  • Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
  • Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."
— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."
— User Richard Peck

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?

Back
Top Bottom