Just wanted to point something out that many of you who plan on developing an app might miss, and maybe you can learn from my mistake.
Apple controls which apps get accepted into the AppStore.
While this might be obvious, you need to keep this in mind at all stages of development, because you need to be constantly asking yourself - "will this pass review?".
My most recent development got shot down unequivocally, even after I took the declination to the review board, and even after I pointed out that there was another app almost identical to the one I'd developed (just for a different market) already approved and in the AppStore.
Luckily the developer I hired was pretty cheap and I've only spent $800 on it, but added to the cost of my time planning, organizing, designing, and communicating the whole thing, and the loss suddenly goes further up (time is money and all of that).
My advice - make SURE to read and possibly even memorize Apple's review guidelines. A publicly available version is here:
http://stadium.weblogsinc.com/engadget/files/app-store-guidelines.pdf
That version is from 2010, so my advice is log in to the developer account and view the most recent version.
Unfortunately with the Apple AppStore, you surrender a fair amount of "Control" - I think the only way of getting some modicum of control BACK is in preparation, and having backup plans.
Incidentally enough the app was accepted within minutes into the Android AppStore....
Apple controls which apps get accepted into the AppStore.
While this might be obvious, you need to keep this in mind at all stages of development, because you need to be constantly asking yourself - "will this pass review?".
My most recent development got shot down unequivocally, even after I took the declination to the review board, and even after I pointed out that there was another app almost identical to the one I'd developed (just for a different market) already approved and in the AppStore.
Luckily the developer I hired was pretty cheap and I've only spent $800 on it, but added to the cost of my time planning, organizing, designing, and communicating the whole thing, and the loss suddenly goes further up (time is money and all of that).
My advice - make SURE to read and possibly even memorize Apple's review guidelines. A publicly available version is here:
http://stadium.weblogsinc.com/engadget/files/app-store-guidelines.pdf
That version is from 2010, so my advice is log in to the developer account and view the most recent version.
Unfortunately with the Apple AppStore, you surrender a fair amount of "Control" - I think the only way of getting some modicum of control BACK is in preparation, and having backup plans.
Incidentally enough the app was accepted within minutes into the Android AppStore....
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
