The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Want to make millions? Here's your list of products to import.

AgainstAllOdds

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
647%
Dec 26, 2014
Chicago, IL
Here's a list of products that the U.S. government is taxing at 25% rates from China:

BN 061518 17377

If you want to make a lot of money, here's how:

1. Go through the list and identify the products where China is a top producer, and there's a large demand in the U.S.
2. Source those products outside of China.
3. Create deals with American importers that used to import from China; or compete against them.
4. Start supplying the product and taking market share.

It's not easy, but is a huge opportunity. Disruption is good.

Source these products before the salaried/unmotivated employees working for the big guys do, and you'll be on track to make millions.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

PersistentlyHungry

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
148%
Mar 25, 2017
Israel
Thank you!!!
Do you have any more data sources such as this document? With more data, I believe that the process of identifying which opportunities are worth pursuing can be automated, let me know what your thoughts are

- Chen

Sent from my BND-L21 using Tapatalk

FastLaner007

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
239%
Jan 28, 2014
Thanked you. I am curious as to where you have found the document.

Azure

Perpetual Motion
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
189%
Mar 12, 2016
Why would American importers not just import from the same non-Chinese sources that you are?

One thing I have noticed with importers in the food industry is that they are not very good at finding new opprotunity. A lot of them fall into it because it's a family business, or they happen to know someone on the other side who has an exporting company. These people would be at a complete loss if the US slapped a 30% tariff on Italian olive oil for instance, lacking the connections or resourcefulness to source in Morroco, Spain or Portugal.

I can't speak for other industries, but thats definitely the case with food products.

jules 98hustle

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
238%
Jun 18, 2014
The great thing about this idea is the same opportunity is open to people in the UK with breexit! Importing goods from Europe will not get any cheaper, therefore importers will need to find cheap alternatives from around the World.
This is where a fastlaner steps in... helping importers find cheaper goods.

Walter Hay

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
401%
Sep 13, 2014
World citizen
@AgainstAllOdds, you and Donald Trump :eek: have performed a huge service for Fastlane members!

You have alerted them to the possibilities I have been largely unsuccessfully proclaiming for several years, namely sourcing from countries other than China. In the 2017 edition of my safe sourcing and importing book I listed sourcing sites in 16 countries other than China.

My 2018 revision has 20 countries listed, but that edition is currently being formatted for me by the PAC support team who do that work for me, and it won't be available for a few weeks yet. I will make an announcement when it is published.

I have posted numerous times regarding the benefits of sourcing beyond China. Now it is even more desirable.

Having quickly browsed that list I see many products that can be sourced in the USA, and it is likely that they will be competitive with Chinese imports when duty of 25% is added to those.

In addition to those, I know that the great majority, other than commodities such as steel and aluminum, can be sourced at good prices from countries in my list.

The imposition of a 25% duty rate on so many products truly presents a golden opportunity.

Searching without the help of Alibaba etc., is not so easy, even with my list of B2B sites, and that presents a barrier to entry. For those who are serious about capitalizing on this opportunity, the effort can be well worthwhile.

When I was operating my importing business, I and my franchisees started sourcing products in a number of other countries including Vietnam, from about the mid 90s. Vietnam then was little known to importers, and we were able to find there products that were impossible to find elsewhere. This shows why looking beyond China, and finding products not currently being imported, can be a great way to capitalize on this opportunity courtesy of Donald Trump.

Walter

Walter Hay

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
401%
Sep 13, 2014
World citizen
Why would American importers not just import from the same non-Chinese sources that you are?
There are millions of products to be found, so provided you don't follow the crowd (JungleScout?) in choosing which products to import and sell, there will be no need to concern yourself about others importing from the same non-Chinese sources.

The number of companies worldwide that are exporting or wanting to export, is mind boggling. You might be unlucky and choose one that someone else finds, but as I advise in my book, don't keep all of your eggs in one basket.

If you expand your horizons to encompass the many millions of potential exporters you can forget about others finding your prize supplier.

Walter

million$$$smile

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
703%
Dec 25, 2012
Midwest
Here's a list of products that the U.S. government is taxing at 25% rates from China:[/QUOTE

@AgainstAllOdds, I've never imported any of my products, but with a list like that, coupled with a 25% tax rate, opens the door to a fairer playing field and untold opportunities, that haven't been there for quite a few years especially domestically (USA).

This list is a starting point to dig in, sift through, and find possible opportunities that just a short while ago would not have been competitive.

Thanks for bringing it to FLF

You deserve Rep +

D

Deleted52409

Many of these products are extremely bland sounding. I like it. This is definitely something I will look into. Especially considering that this forum has step by step instructions on import/export.

DVaughn

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Jun 9, 2018
@AgainstAllOdds, you and Donald Trump :eek: have performed a huge service for Fastlane members!

You have alerted them to the possibilities I have been largely unsuccessfully proclaiming for several years, namely sourcing from countries other than China. In the 2017 edition of my safe sourcing and importing book I listed sourcing sites in 16 countries other than China.

My 2018 revision has 20 countries listed, but that edition is currently being formatted for me by the PAC support team who do that work for me, and it won't be available for a few weeks yet. I will make an announcement when it is published.

I have posted numerous times regarding the benefits of sourcing beyond China. Now it is even more desirable.

Having quickly browsed that list I see many products that can be sourced in the USA, and it is likely that they will be competitive with Chinese imports when duty of 25% is added to those.

In addition to those, I know that the great majority, other than commodities such as steel and aluminum, can be sourced at good prices from countries in my list.

The imposition of a 25% duty rate on so many products truly presents a golden opportunity.

Searching without the help of Alibaba etc., is not so easy, even with my list of B2B sites, and that presents a barrier to entry. For those who are serious about capitalizing on this opportunity, the effort can be well worthwhile.

When I was operating my importing business, I and my franchisees started sourcing products in a number of other countries including Vietnam, from about the mid 90s. Vietnam then was little known to importers, and we were able to find there products that were impossible to find elsewhere. This shows why looking beyond China, and finding products not currently being imported, can be a great way to capitalize on this opportunity courtesy of Donald Trump.

Walter

GPM

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
376%
Oct 25, 2012
Canada
Don't underestimate how dredged in "business as usual" these massive companies are. There is literally millions of dollars left on the table for single products due to this nature. Tons of employees and corporations do things a certain way and use a certain product just because that is what they have always done

GPM

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
376%
Oct 25, 2012
Canada
@AgainstAllOdds @Walter Hay

My only question is if I would be able to successfully create deals over the phone? Right now I am working 12 hour weekday shifts and would not be able to travel except for weekends. So cold calling would have to be my go to strategy.

If you don't do it you have a 0% chance of making a sale. Start picking up that phone and see what happens. All I am hearing is a bunch of excuses about why you can't do something. Tell yourself it can't be done and you are right.

Merging Left

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
185%
Jul 20, 2014
I don't know many of the details surrounding the tariffs, but could you route imports through an intermediary country? In other words, ship your product from China to Vietnam, and then from Vietnam to the US? It is probably cost prohibitive but I'm just curious about the legality of it.

Walter Hay

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
401%
Sep 13, 2014
World citizen
Mr. Hay, Good Day Sir, when will your new edition be released? It only makes sense to a person seeking to start a new business to wait for the newest information.
Best regards,
Dennis
The new edition is currently being formatted by the PAC support team. It should be available within a few weeks and I will announce when it is available.

Meanwhile, if you don't want to delay, you could get the current edition and then provided you allow the PAC team to keep your email address they will send you a free download link for the 2018 version. All who buy any edition have free access to revisions.

Walter

JasonR

Maverick
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
544%
May 29, 2012
Las Vegas
I don't know many of the details surrounding the tariffs, but could you route imports through an intermediary country? In other words, ship your product from China to Vietnam, and then from Vietnam to the US? It is probably cost prohibitive but I'm just curious about the legality of it.

From my understanding, no. The country of manufacturer would still be China.

AgainstAllOdds

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
647%
Dec 26, 2014
Chicago, IL
From my understanding, no. The country of manufacturer would still be China.

This.

What you described @Merging Left is called transhipping. It's punishable with jail time and 3x your profit.

Not really worth it.

ZCP

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
336%
Oct 22, 2010
Woodstock, GA
But @AgainstAllOdds , what if I just keep coming up with excuses instead of trying it and possibly falling flat on my face while learning something or making a connection that leads to something huge??

Limitless4Life

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
274%
Dec 20, 2016

Limitless4Life

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
274%
Dec 20, 2016
Any reliable resources/websites for how to best go through Step 1: Go through the list and identify the products where China is a top producer, and there's a large demand in the U.S. ? :clench:

Traction

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
23%
Oct 13, 2013
@AgainstAllOdds @Walter Hay

My only question is if I would be able to successfully create deals over the phone? Right now I am working 12 hour weekday shifts and would not be able to travel except for weekends. So cold calling would have to be my go to strategy.
Im not based in the US but travel internationally each week as part of my job.
Perhaps we could work something out together?

Walter Hay

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
401%
Sep 13, 2014
World citizen
I could not believe my eyes when I saw that the fourth item on the first list is "Retreaded pneumatic tires, of rubber, of a kind used on aircraft".

I have lot of troubleshooting experience in manufacturing including the molding and retreading of tires and I know quite a bit about adhesives.

The thought of using retreaded tires on aircraft scares me. I know how often the tread to casing bond fails on vehicles. I hope I am never flying in an aircraft fitted with retreaded tires.

Take care when choosing potentially risky products.

Walter

Thoelt53

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
293%
Dec 8, 2016
Boston, MA
Any reliable resources/websites for how to best go through Step 1: Go through the list and identify the products where China is a top producer, and there's a large demand in the U.S. ? :clench:
The People's Republic of China | United States Trade Representative

“USTR” said:
  • The top import categories (2-digit HS) in 2016 were: electrical machinery ($129 billion), machinery ($97 billion), furniture and bedding ($29 billion), toys and sports equipment ($24 billion) and footwear ($15 billion).

Thoelt53

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
293%
Dec 8, 2016
Boston, MA
Attached is a pdf with, as far as I know, the full list of tariffs on Chinese imports.

Attachments

• 381856276-China-Tariffs-List.pdf
    283.3 KB · Views: 21

SquatchMan

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
383%
Dec 27, 2016
Nowhere
Here's a good list of stuff the US imports from China and the percentage of imports (by product) that come from China.

EDIT: You can use that tool to search products that got tariffs and see all the data listed above. Nifty tool.

Explore all $506 billion in goods that the US imported from China in 2017

Also, use the Scribd link posted earlier because it's easier to search.

An example product, the US imports 99% of LED lights from China and LED lights got hit with a 25% tariff.

HOWEVER, the tariff is on the component diode, not the finished product. Still, $40 million of those component diodes are imported from China by US manufacturers of LED lights...

Seems like a good place to start.

----

Another interesting one is:

8480.20.00 - Mold Bases

According to this: qz.com/1232833/#int/hs=8480799020

The US gets 77% of Bladder Operated Molds from China. Total of $15 million.

Obviously, I have 0 clue what I'm talking about with this. Could be completely wrong and the item is not one that got hit with a tariff. Hell, I probably am wrong.

Last edited:

amp0193

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
444%
May 27, 2013
United States
Here's a list of products that the U.S. government is taxing at 25% rates from China:

BN 061518 17377

If you want to make a lot of money, here's how:

1. Go through the list and identify the products where China is a top producer, and there's a large demand in the U.S.
2. Source those products outside of China.
3. Create deals with American importers that used to import from China; or compete against them.
4. Start supplying the product and taking market share.

It's not easy, but is a huge opportunity. Disruption is good.

Source these products before the salaried/unmotivated employees working for the big guys do, and you'll be on track to make millions.

Was surprised to see my HTS code on the list.

Going from 0% to 25% is no bueno. I got some shit to figure out quick!

Thanks for bringing it to my attention @AgainstAllOdds.

I’ve got a lead to a Czech manufacturer, time to pursue it, and other, options.

I’ll be able to pivot much faster than the big players in my space though, so really, I think this is a big opportunity for me. Barrier to entry... and all that.

Last edited:

AgainstAllOdds

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
647%
Dec 26, 2014
Chicago, IL
Was surprised to see my HTS code on the list.

Going from 0% to 25% is no bueno. I got some sh*t to figure out quick!

Thanks for bringing it to my attention @AgainstAllOdds.

I’ve got a lead to a Czech manufacturer, time to pursue it, and other, options.

I’ll be able to pivot much faster than the big players in my space though, so really, I think this is a big opportunity for me. Barrier to entry... and all that.

Shoot me a PM with the HTS code.

I'm thinking of starting a sourcing consultancy side hustle and will get you a list of alternate suppliers in exchange for a review. If your niche is too specific, then I understand if you don't want someone searching on your behalf.

Good luck @amp0193.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.