The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Wannabe Freelancer With an Idea.

Anything considered a "hustle" and not necessarily a CENTS-based Fastlane

eyome

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
67%
Nov 6, 2022
I really want to make some money, I truly really do. The idea of working a 9-5 for the rest of my life has filled me with genuine dread since I was old enough to understand how much I valued free time (like 11 maybe). About two months ago I quit my job working at corporate a$$ whole foods, and the past two months have been leukwarm in progress at best. I will admit I have wasted plenty of time. It isn't all bad, between hours of videogames and social media I have managed to build my physique to an incredible stature, I have furthered my musical production abilities, picked up MMA at a nearby gym, and atleast taken some time to change my mindset regarding possibilities.

My business idea was to sell web design. Now I am no web designer myself, the idea was to find actual web design freelancers, or contractors and hire them for the work. I would simply find clients and then get connected with people who could provide the product. I would be one part of a two part machine, sales and management, and the other part were my contractors, production. I did cold outreach and sent probably close to one hundred personalized sales messages over the course of two weeks after I had taken a week or two to learn a little bit about general business and marketing with not a single development. I had a website that looked pretty nice, I targeted people who would actually need my product
(restaurants with a poor website, or no website) but everything I did got me nothing, not a single dollar. I am pretty discourage and looking for other ways to perhaps make some money, or even some ideas or strategies as to how I can make this work. Is this even a good idea?

I don't have many marketable skills. I know a lot about fitness, I know how to produce music, but those don't seem lucrative, any ideas? Open to discussion, don't be afraid to call me an idiot if you think it necessary. Here to learn no matter how difficult to hear the criticism is.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Tau Ceti

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
330%
Sep 15, 2014
Stockholm, Sweden
I am no means an expert but I'll chime in.

I think your issue is that you have the wrong mindset. You need to stop chasing money and start providing value.
Money comes after you offer value.

You need to offer value and then you ll get the money by providing a service or selling something that has value.

I suggest you re-read the MJ's book because you may have missed that part.
I would also suggest that you get another job until you can figure out a way to provide value.

There is no point in starving while figuring out a way to create a viable business. It's also perfectly OK to have a full time job while building your product/service and only quit when it's ready to take off.

You say you have no marketable skills. I disagree, you may not have them now but you can get them. You can learn to code for free right now. Go to free code camp and do the whole curriculum. You can land a junior dev job within 6 months if you complete it.

You could also learn copy-writing or web design just by reading and watching videos online or taking some courses on Udemy.

All of this will require time and effort and it wont be easy. Anybody who tells you that it is, is lying. But that is the price to pay if you want to escape the rat race! How badly do you want it? That's up to you to decide.

You say your business idea was to sell web design? Ok so what? Why should someone come to you for their design needs when you don't even know a single thing about it. That's your problem right there. You are not providing any value.

All of this stuff you have done since you quit your job is fake action. You haven't made any progress on your goal. You need to take real action now. Not tomorrow. Today.

Stop procrastinating, get rid of the gaming console and block all social media sites. There are of no use to you. You should be going to your job, go to the gym and be working in the evenings and on the weekends on your business.

You are looking for a detailed business plan that will take you from $0 to $1million in two years? Bad news it doesn't exist! Nobody has it and if they had it you can be certain they would not sell it.

I hope you can achieve what you are looking for.

Good luck to you.

If you think my message is harsh, I am sorry its not meant to be but this is the reality. You can accept it and go back to the drawing board and try to do something that provides value for society or you can keep going in this direction and forget what I just said .

it's up to you.

Last edited:
A

Anon05554

think your issue is that you have the wrong mindset. You need to stop chasing money and start providing value.

You need to offer value and then you ll get the money by providing a service or selling something that has value
You have truly hit the nail on the head.
Let him get a job to get his life back on track as he seeks problems to solve.

I suggest he also rereads MJ's books to get the gist of what entrepreneurship entails.

Good luck in your new journey.

eyome

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
67%
Nov 6, 2022
I am no means an expert but I'll chime in.

I think your issue is that you have the wrong mindset. You need to stop chasing money and start providing value.

You need to offer value and then you ll get the money by providing a service or selling something that has value.

I suggest you re-read the MJ's book because you may have missed that part.
I would also suggest that you get another job until you can figure out a way to provide value.

There is no point in starving while figuring out a way to create a viable business. It's also perfectly OK to have a full time job while building your product/service and only quit when it's ready to take off.

You say you have no marketable skills. I disagree, you may not have them now but you can get them. You can learn to code for free right now. Go to free code camp and do the whole curriculum. You can land a junior dev job within 6 months if you complete it.

You could also learn copy-writing or web design just by reading and watching videos online or taking some courses on Udemy.

All of this will require time and effort and it wont be easy. Anybody who tells you that it is, is lying. But that is the price to pay if you want to escape the rat race! How badly do you want it? That's up to you to decide.

You say your business idea was to sell web design? Ok so what? Why should someone come to you for their design needs when you don't even know a single thing about it. That's your problem right there. You are not providing any value.

All of this stuff you have done since you quit your job is fake action. You haven't made any progress on your goal. You need to take real action now. Not tomorrow. Today.

Stop procrastinating, get rid of the gaming console and block all social media sites. There are of no use to you. You should be going to your job, go to the gym and be working in the evenings and on the weekends on your business.

You are looking for a detailed business plan that will take you from $0 to $1million in two years? Bad news it doesn't exist! Nobody has it and if they had it you can be certain they would not sell it.

I hope you can achieve what you are looking for.

Good luck to you.

If you think my message is harsh, I am sorry its not meant to be but this is the reality. You can accept it and go back to the drawing board and try to do something that provides value for society or you can keep going in this direction and forget what I just said .

it's up to you.
I agree with the bulk of what you are saying, I havent fully finished Millionaire Fastlane but I have been slowly finishing the book over the past four days, and literally everytime I put the book down I come away with something new. Yesterday after I had finished reading pages 180-200, it really put into scope why I should put as much time and effort into this as possible. "Mediocre comfort now and forever verses Meteoric comfort later" is a matra I don't think I will forget. And today I just started the chapters detailing C.E.N.T.S, and I am very excited to see what I learn. You are right, all of the work I did over the past two months is quite literally jack shit, worth nothing. I have done very little to further this. I got a web design course that also teaches web design and how to sell it yesterday and I plan to follow it religiously over the next couple of months. I actually saw it promoted in this very forum. My goal is once I am able to reliably land clients, I will work on a client or two and while I am doing that I will also outsource the other clients to contractors while splitting the money the client gave us for the job between myself and the contractor. At some point, a year or two down the line I would scale my business and introduce social media marketing services. But my main goal is to not get a junior web dev job, its to make a living off of my own work, it always will be, I want to start my own web dev business where I do work for me and have other people work for me. Also bro I been hitting the gym forever. Realistically I could probably make money off my sheer knowledge of fitness, but later, its a consideration. And also I don't the message is harsh at all. I am absolutely willing to hear any amount of criticism, so long as it goes towards furthering my goals.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

TinyOldLady

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
214%
Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Maybe you’ll find inspiration in these threads

Here is a guy, who likes fitness: