The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Wait a sec, I thought all of us online people were idiots?

A post of a ranting nature...

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Looks like RK finally jumped on the bandwagon, only about 14 years too late...
IMG_0438.jpg

Somewhat of an inside joke started by someone who was in the know...

Not sure who it was, maybe @SteveO or @biophase or @andviv remembers.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

SteveO

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
456%
Jul 24, 2007
There were a number of us at that meeting. I walked in just after the fireworks. Russ was the most offended as Kiyosaki was directing his wrath at him.

ZCP

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
336%
Oct 22, 2010
Woodstock, GA
what year was that? i used to follow posts on the RD forums by that crazy MJ_Phoenix guy. :)
..... then found my way over here at the jump. Lurked for years....... RK going online now! Wow. Guess he'll get into crypto in a few years?

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia
Looks like RK finally jumped on the bandwagon, only about 14 years too late...
View attachment 20193

Somewhat of an inside joke started by someone who was in the know...

Not sure who it was, maybe @SteveO or @biophase or @andviv remembers.
picard-facepalm.jpg

Kiyosaki's better off selling rehash than this....
Is the solopreneur online biz still a trend to bandwagon on these days?

Bulgano

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
139%
Sep 12, 2017
Australia
Can someone actually give me some insight into why RK is so popular in the mainstream? I've never really understood much of what he talks about, and I only found about 1/2 of his original book interesting.

I believe it was in TMF that MJ said “Did the Lamborghini come before or after the book?” and I've never understood how people in the mainstream think RK makes his money on what he preaches rather than selling the books. :/

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
what year was that? i used to follow posts on the RD forums by that crazy MJ_Phoenix guy. :)
..... then found my way over here at the jump. Lurked for years....... RK going online now! Wow. Guess he'll get into crypto in a few years?

@MJ DeMarco. My memory was that your handle was Phx_MJ? Something like that? What was yours SteveO? Mine was biophase.

It was in 2006.

Dunkafelics

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
229%
Jun 12, 2015
Vancouver, Canada
@bulango RK is popular because he is seen as the gateway for a lot of people into entrepreneurship.

From my experience, many people seem to come across Rich Dad, Poor Dad and then Cashflow Quadrant as entry points into understanding that there are other avenues to wealth other than being an employee or a business owner who is basically a glorified employee.

His book was the first that I read that helped me see the light, albeit a bit dimly as he never really shared his keys to success other than at a baseline level in my perspective.

However, I am sure that there are many others out there who have benefitted from his books more than I have.

Last edited:

LittleWolfie

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
56%
Jun 28, 2018
Holbeach Hurn
Can someone actually give me some insight into why RK is so popular in the mainstream? I've never really understood much of what he talks about, and I only found about 1/2 of his original book interesting.

I believe it was in TMF that MJ said “Did the Lamborghini come before or after the book?” and I've never understood how people in the mainstream think RK makes his money on what he preaches rather than selling the books. :/

Advertising and reach. I had to order fast lane RK has a book in the bookmobile that comes to the villages from the local library.

So it is much cheaper and easier for the wannabes to get exposed. It is right in buines section.

abrakamowse

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
113%
Mar 11, 2017
New Jersey
So, I was lucky because I never bought his book... I don't know why but I always felt not very confident about him.

Finally the first book I bought (about how to create wealth) was Napoleon Hill "Think and Grow Rich" instead of Rich Dad...

Late Bloomer

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
143%
Apr 17, 2018
Looks like RK finally jumped on the bandwagon

A single-person business? But what's that going to do to the Rich Dad MLM recruitment cycle at McDonald's? Surely Robert must be confused about what Rich Dad would have really wanted from us. If you don't have a five level deep downline, how can one person ever hope to make enough money to escape the rat race??

Late Bloomer

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
143%
Apr 17, 2018

If you've never before in your life tried to really think about how life and jobs are scripted by a few, to the disadvantage of the many, his books give you an opportunity to think about these things in the context of some entertaining and well-told stories. The stories lead on to principles and techniques for how to discard that indoctrination and get rich in your own way. The problem is that the techniques, principles, and techniques are mostly fiction. Where they're nonfiction, they're presented in a glib way that's not actionable. But with the entertainment of value of fiction posed as nonfiction, that makes you feel vindicated about how society is screwed up, all is forgiven...

I don't know why but I always felt not very confident about him.

Finally the first book I bought (about how to create wealth) was Napoleon Hill "Think and Grow Rich" instead of Rich Dad...

If you're going to have a mix of mostly made up stories and partially useful business philosophy, might as well go back to the classics...

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ