• The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success
  1. Join 40,000+ entrepreneurs
    who are kicking butt and
    winning their dream life.

Unscripted™ Entrepreneurship:
    A Business That Pays More Than Money, It Pays Time.

"Fastlane" is an entrepreneur discussion forum based on The Unscripted Entrepreneurial Framework (TUNEF) outlined in the two best-selling books by MJ DeMarco (The Millionaire Fastlane and UNSCRIPTED™). From multimillionaires to digital nomads, the forum features real entrepreneurs creating real businesses.

Download (Unscripted) Download (Millionaire Fastlane)  Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block!

2. Forum *Official* Book Discussion
    Can't Hurt Me by David Goggins

The forum has voted to discuss this book. Grab it, discussion begins soon!
    Can't Hurt Me, by Goggins

RANT Wait a sec, I thought all of us online people were idiots?

Discussion in 'Off Topic: Sports, Funnies, Pop-Culture' started by MJ DeMarco, Jul 19, 2018.

1. MJ DeMarco

MJ DeMarco Raving Lunatic Staff Member Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $357,559
    Admin Post
    Looks like RK finally jumped on the bandwagon, only about 14 years too late...
    IMG_0438.jpg

Somewhat of an inside joke started by someone who was in the know...

Not sure who it was, maybe @SteveO or @biophase or @andviv remembers.

Deceiver, msufan, visiomari and 10 others like this.
  2. SteveO

SteveO Legendary Contributor FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $91,468
    There were a number of us at that meeting. I walked in just after the fireworks. Russ was the most offended as Kiyosaki was directing his wrath at him.

Late Bloomer, Roz, ZF Lee and 2 others like this.
  3. SteveO

SteveO Legendary Contributor FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $91,468
    He basically told us to get offline and build a real business.

MJ DeMarco, Roz, ZF Lee and 2 others like this.
  4. ZCP

ZCP Legendary Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $22,145
    what year was that? i used to follow posts on the RD forums by that crazy MJ_Phoenix guy. :)
    ..... then found my way over here at the jump. Lurked for years....... RK going online now! Wow. Guess he'll get into crypto in a few years?

5. ZF Lee

ZF Lee Platinum Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $7,998
    [​IMG]

Kiyosaki's better off selling rehash than this....
    Is the solopreneur online biz still a trend to bandwagon on these days?

Xeon likes this.
  6. Bulgano

Bulgano Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED

Rep Bank:
    $475
    Can someone actually give me some insight into why RK is so popular in the mainstream? I've never really understood much of what he talks about, and I only found about 1/2 of his original book interesting.

I believe it was in TMF that MJ said “Did the Lamborghini come before or after the book?” and I've never understood how people in the mainstream think RK makes his money on what he preaches rather than selling the books. :/

0dysseus, Late Bloomer and ZF Lee like this.
  7. biophase

biophase Legendary Contributor I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $171,681
    @MJ DeMarco. My memory was that your handle was Phx_MJ? Something like that? What was yours SteveO? Mine was biophase.

It was in 2006.

Xeon likes this.
  8. Dunkafelics

Dunkafelics Silver Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $3,952
    @bulango RK is popular because he is seen as the gateway for a lot of people into entrepreneurship.

From my experience, many people seem to come across Rich Dad, Poor Dad and then Cashflow Quadrant as entry points into understanding that there are other avenues to wealth other than being an employee or a business owner who is basically a glorified employee.

His book was the first that I read that helped me see the light, albeit a bit dimly as he never really shared his keys to success other than at a baseline level in my perspective.

However, I am sure that there are many others out there who have benefitted from his books more than I have.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2018
  9. LittleWolfie

LittleWolfie Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $530
    Advertising and reach. I had to order fast lane RK has a book in the bookmobile that comes to the villages from the local library.

So it is much cheaper and easier for the wannabes to get exposed. It is right in buines section.

Late Bloomer and Xeon like this.
  10. abrakamowse

abrakamowse Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $369
    So, I was lucky because I never bought his book... I don't know why but I always felt not very confident about him.

Finally the first book I bought (about how to create wealth) was Napoleon Hill "Think and Grow Rich" instead of Rich Dad...

Xeon likes this.
  11. SteveO

Rep Bank:
    $91,468
    Mine was 24tea

Xeon likes this.
  12. Late Bloomer

Late Bloomer Gold Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $7,648
    A single-person business? But what's that going to do to the Rich Dad MLM recruitment cycle at McDonald's? Surely Robert must be confused about what Rich Dad would have really wanted from us. If you don't have a five level deep downline, how can one person ever hope to make enough money to escape the rat race??

Xeon likes this.
  13. Late Bloomer

Rep Bank:
    $7,648
    If you've never before in your life tried to really think about how life and jobs are scripted by a few, to the disadvantage of the many, his books give you an opportunity to think about these things in the context of some entertaining and well-told stories. The stories lead on to principles and techniques for how to discard that indoctrination and get rich in your own way. The problem is that the techniques, principles, and techniques are mostly fiction. Where they're nonfiction, they're presented in a glib way that's not actionable. But with the entertainment of value of fiction posed as nonfiction, that makes you feel vindicated about how society is screwed up, all is forgiven...

If you're going to have a mix of mostly made up stories and partially useful business philosophy, might as well go back to the classics...

Xeon and abrakamowse like this.
  14. Late Bloomer

Rep Bank:
    $7,648
    [ duplicate post, please remove ]

15. biophase

biophase Legendary Contributor I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $171,681
    Btw I’m pretty sure he’s selling premise Shopify stores that dropship from China businesses here.

Xeon and BrooklynHustle like this.

Join 1000s of entrepreneurs who are rewriting life's script and winning financial freedom.

---- ----

You must be a member to join the conversation.

Create Account

Join the community fast and easy!

REGISTER

Already have an account? Login here.