- Joined
- Nov 12, 2007
- Messages
- 2,539
- Location
- suburbs of savannah in Ga
Rep Bank
$2,140
$2,140
User Power: 41%
I wanted to know if anyone knows just how much trouble someone can get in by not doing things in the appropriate time frames.
from what I understand all tax forms must be sent out by employers by 1/31.
a little background.
when we moved Lennys old job in pa had 401k profit sharing.
we got the paperwork to fill out for the 401k cashout in march of 07. filled it in and sent it back in april. we didnt get the distribution untill january 08. the check was dated 12/31. it was a generic company check with no stub. we had no idea what the original distribution was for. there was taxes withheld and also a fee for the manager of the fund. so all we got was a check. no info at all.
today in the mail I got the 1099-r from his former employer. it was mailed(by the post office stamp) on 3/27/08. it was forwarded from our old address on 4/9/08.
I just had to redo our taxes to include this income.
Is there anything I can do about this? the guy is a real tool and I know he did this purposely. Id really like to get him fined or something.
from what I understand all tax forms must be sent out by employers by 1/31.
a little background.
when we moved Lennys old job in pa had 401k profit sharing.
we got the paperwork to fill out for the 401k cashout in march of 07. filled it in and sent it back in april. we didnt get the distribution untill january 08. the check was dated 12/31. it was a generic company check with no stub. we had no idea what the original distribution was for. there was taxes withheld and also a fee for the manager of the fund. so all we got was a check. no info at all.
today in the mail I got the 1099-r from his former employer. it was mailed(by the post office stamp) on 3/27/08. it was forwarded from our old address on 4/9/08.
I just had to redo our taxes to include this income.
Is there anything I can do about this? the guy is a real tool and I know he did this purposely. Id really like to get him fined or something.
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
