The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

Verifying faked social media posts

Daniel454-DVI

PARKED
May 20, 2018
Would you guys use the following service if it existed?

Screenshots of posts from social media, think a screenshot of a tweet from donald trump or whatever can be faked super easily. We were thinking of building a service that would verify that screenshot to see whether trump actually wrote that exact content or whether it was doctored.

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

Tommo

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Millionaire Fastlane
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Jan 21, 2018
Perth Australia

Screenshots of posts from social media, think a screenshot of a tweet from donald trump or whatever can be faked super easily. We were thinking of building a service that would verify that screenshot to see whether trump actually wrote that exact content or whether it was doctored.
No I wouldn't pay for a service like that as I would have no interest in it. Not sure if you'll find many takers here but you will soon find out.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast

Nope

business_man

In Love With Marketing
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Nov 25, 2014
Fake businesses use faking tools.
A sustainable business will never use it, because it eventually hurt you. So - nope.

Late Bloomer

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
Apr 17, 2018

Seems completely pointless to me. Your "verification screenshot" picture could be photoshopped too. Unless a Tweet is signed by a public key, only Twitter can validate it.

Even if you could somehow validate social media posts made by someone else, I have no idea who would want to pay for that service or why.

Daniel, I'm going to guess you haven't read MJ's books? I recommend you do, and make an intro post about your situation and goals, and hang around this community a while. If you really did want to learn something useful for business, this forum can help you come up with MUCH better questions and ideas than your first one here.

Last edited:

Scot

Salad Dressing Empire
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Jul 10, 2016
Florida
Why would I pay for something I can easily google in 5 seconds ?

Also, Facebook is actively building systems to combat “fake news”

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Monthly conference calls with doers
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Sponsored Offers

Lex DeVille's - Advanced Freelance Udemy Courses!
-- HALLOWEEN SPECIAL STARTS TODAY! Get any of my courses at Udemy's current best price through Friday! Use code: HALLOWEEN Use any of the links...
Top Bottom