The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

validating an idea

Idea threads
Apr 3, 2019
Australia
I have a few questions about validating an idea/need. so I live in Australia right, and there is a freelancing website here that I've seen a lot of complaints about and it's missing some features that it should have, they are a large company, most of the complaints are that they charge too much fees, now does this mean there is a market need? if I was to start a similar web service with cheaper prices and more features, would I be able to succeed?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

TheKingOfMadrid

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
265%
Dec 14, 2020
Maybe, but I can tell you something - the internet is full of domains that were created as Upwork alternatives and died.

There's a lot to handle in creating a disrupting business on this scale. What really makes or breaks it is it's advertisement which needs to be on point. You can attract desperate freelancers with a new site but attracting high quality clients is your real pain.

But then there's things like handling the contractual side, handling the taxes, handling the disputes, setting up and implementing a profitable business element and of course marketing your platform to enough people.

You need to do thorough market research before you begin this and in my own opinion you'd need to bring something unique and brand new to the freelance industry not just ' a cheaper and better features' alternative which Hubstaff & others fill.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.