The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

update

^eagle^

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
12%
Mar 17, 2008
Florida
Just want to let everyone know that I got engaged last Friday! I had been struggling with this for some time but decided to give marriage one more try. She's a great girl and deserves the best and I think I can give it to her. Sitting on the fence allowed me to sit and be complacent about where I was coupled with my knee problems I was spinning my wheels going no where.

I feel like I am back on the track after a wild long spin out. I cant explain it but I believe God will bless our union and the best years lay ahead. I know I may be on a lot of ignore lists due to my irreverant sense of humor and an inability to break through this latest glass ceiling. Or maybe my porr typing skills. I hope the next year will change that perspective. (well maybe just a LITTLE less irreverence.)

My Step mother also died last week and she left me a powerful message.

"God hates a coward"
Couple this with my favorite saying
"if nothing changes then nothing changes"

Love and peace all

Nick

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

^eagle^

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
12%
Mar 17, 2008
Florida
Congrats man. One more try huh, hopefully second time is the charm.
Yeah the first marriage was for all the wrong reasons. Unfortunately I was not well experienced in relationships at the time. I have a much better understanding of what and why relationships work. We both have a lot of common values the most important being we believe that marriage is sacred.

We also have similar past experiences and are knowledgeable in residential real estate. Now I just have to man up and be the spiritual leader of the house. Something I havent been doing lately.

Seeing a possible bottom in the real estate market I need to hop back on that horse and ride it. We are already working together on this. But her tastes are expensive! LOl

Oh and it helps to be in love too. I may be able to pick a better financial partner but I probably could never find a better life partner. I have a comfort about this decision that I never had with my first wife.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Congrats, my only advice would be not to "try" marriage as you say, but "commit" to it. Try implies a one-time event. Commit is a life long process.

Congratulations, I think ill smoke a cigar on your behalf. =)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

AroundTheWorld

Be in the Moment
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
68%
Jul 24, 2007
I am very happy for you. You sound like you are in a good place.

^eagle^

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
12%
Mar 17, 2008
Florida
Congrats, my only advice would be not to "try" marriage as you say, but "commit" to it. Try implies a one-time event. Commit is a life long process.

Congratulations, I think ill smoke a cigar on your behalf. =)
Exactly. We both believe that marriage is sacred. She is catholic and does not believe in divorce. I just have deep spiritual beliefs about marriage that align with her religion. My first wife did not share this view.

Tryers are liars, right? lol

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.