What's new

Hello: life update

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 39,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Forum membership removes this block.

ThornOS

New Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Joined
Jan 19, 2025
Messages
39
Location
Moldova
Rep Bank
$460
User Power: 164%
Hellooo everyone!

I hope you all are doing great!

About 2 months ago I wrote a post here in the forum when I was in the absolute worst state of my life. I got broken up with, and I felt like a total failure, alone and unwanted by anyone. Now that I’ve decided to come back, I figured I might as well give you an update.

So to start: I’m actually fine. That night when I wrote the post, I genuinely thought my life was over. Not just because she left me, but because I was convinced I was the problem in the breakup and that I was a loser and all that, with no friends and nothing to show to the world. Yeah, it’s true that in many ways I was a “shitty” boyfriend ( I wasn’t communicating my feelings, wasn’t opening up properly, etc. ) but I’ve realized my intentions were never bad, as broken as I was. I won’t go into too many details, but one thing is clear: I did not hate her, I always loved her, and everything I did came from wanting a happy future together. Since the breakup, I’ve seen how many guys have been in the exact same spot: imagining they’d marry that person, having good intentions, and still getting dumped lol. Anyway, I’ve taken full responsibility and learned what I did wrong and what I need to do differently in my next relationship, how to be a better boyfriend and eventually a better husband. And never again to enter in a relationship if I am not mentally well.

The healing was not easy but it was worth it. It wasn’t just about getting over the breakup; I also had to deal with years of bad mental state, because before and during the relationship I hated myself. I finally understood that you can’t move forward in life if you hate who you are. I remembered this quote I’d read a long time ago: “The man who does not value himself cannot value anything or anyone.” But I ignored it. I thought constant self-criticism would push me to achieve things, but all it did was destroy my self-worth. That’s where I started learning to value myself and realizing I’m not as terrible as my brain kept telling me. Over time that inner voice got quieter. And I realized self-hatred is just an excuse: “I’m dumb so I can’t do X… I’m not Y… I’m not enough.” All those things I repeated to myself every day weren’t just wrecking my mental health but they were excuses too. Only now do I see how insane that was lol. My ex tried to help me get rid of those thoughts, but she couldn’t lol. Clear proof that you can’t change someone unless they want to change. So the first big step was reconnecting with myself and with my old values. I’m not fully there yet, but I’m making progress. I also realized how much I was dramatizing everything, and that honestly I have a life a lot of people would want. So I’m trying to be more grateful for what I have. A lot of people are dealing with way bigger struggles than mine, and I shouldn’t make such a drama out of my stuff.

On top of that, I reconnected with old friends, made some new ones, and life keeps moving forward.

Even though I’m not completely over it, I am pretty close. I’m happy to be back on track toward becoming an entrepreneur. I know that’s what I want. And I’m glad I rejoined the forum.There are like-minded people here and it feels like a place where I belong. Looking back at the relationship, it’s actually good that it ended because it wasn’t serving either of us. We both did our best. But now I will focus on myself and my path.

Last thing: thank you to the forum. That night you were the first ones I opened up to, and thank you for the support. I hope you’re all having a great day.

P.S. I had written this message a few hours ago and upon rereading I realised that my situation is not whatsoever special. Funny to think that I thought my life is over.
 
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts

Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.

You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.

  • Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
  • MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
  • Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
  • Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."
— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."
— User Richard Peck

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?

Csielaqt dep ci jesf nep. Zua xisi op e wisz fesl qmedi epf zua nefi ov uav ug ov. O‘n siemmz jeqqz zua‘si gopi epf dep muul cedl ev emm ug vjev xovj nusi dmesovz pux epf iwip miesp tuni mittupt gsun emm ug vjev. Lafut vu zua nz gsoipf epf O juqi vji qevj ejief ot e muv xesnis epf tappois :)
 
Og zua vjopl zua esi opefiraevi op epzxez katv tvesv xovj edvoupt epf sinifz up vjuti esiet.

Siduhpoboph dassipv timg-opefiraedz ot puv ev ufft xovj cioph dupgofipv vjev zua xomm ciduni e civvis wistoup ug zuastimg.

Apfisfuh sitomoipdi ot ugvip ep apfissevif qtzdjumuhz vjev qiuqmi sesimz fotdatt upmopi.
 
Last edited:
E muv ug simevouptjoq ottait esi tumwif xjip "Citv Zua" ot vji upi xju ot iphehoph vjin.

Apmoli Jummzxuuf CT, uvjis qiuqmi dep'v "dunqmivi zua." Zua dunqmivi zua.
 
E muv ug simevouptjoq ottait esi tumwif xjip "Citv Zua" ot vji upi xju ot iphehoph vjin.

Apmoli Jummzxuuf CT, uvjis qiuqmi dep'v "dunqmivi zua." Zua dunqmivi zua.
O ehsii. Mittup miespif.
 
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts

Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.

You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.

  • Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
  • MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
  • Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
  • Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."
— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."
— User Richard Peck

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?

Back
Top Bottom