The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

UNscripting myself

Salih Whale

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Nov 9, 2021
This is my story and I really seek some solid advice!

I'm 17 years old. Born in Iraq and am still in there while writing this! I was abused by my parents, got into labor as a 13-year-old child when ISIS captured my city. Once all that was over I went back to school. And now my family wants me to be a doctor or an engineer (you know the stereotype). I have basically been learning some skills because after 6 months I'll be getting a job to support me while I start my entrepreneurial journey. I'll be moving to Turkey as well, it is 10 times better than Iraq. I'm not here for sympathy or anything. I just want some advice from people with more life experience than me!
Thanks in advance!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

nextBillionaire

New Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
17%
Sep 17, 2021
This is my story and I really seek some solid advice!

I'm 17 years old. Born in Iraq and am still in there while writing this! I was abused by my parents, got into labor as a 13-year-old child when ISIS captured my city. Once all that was over I went back to school. And now my family wants me to be a doctor or an engineer (you know the stereotype). I have basically been learning some skills because after 6 months I'll be getting a job to support me while I start my entrepreneurial journey. I'll be moving to Turkey as well, it is 10 times better than Iraq. I'm not here for sympathy or anything. I just want some advice from people with more life experience than me!
Thanks in advance!
You have the resilience already. That put you ahead of many already. Don't give up.

Pink Sheep

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
92%
Apr 29, 2019
Doctor or engineer isn't a bad idea as a starting place. I'd suggest something less demanding.
Once you start working you'll have to spend a lot more time and energy on sustaining yourself, so if you can spend 5 years when you have lots of time and energy to build something for yourself, and get some experience, thats probably better than slaving at a low paying job and stressing about it.

It all depends on your situation. I wish you the best.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...