The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Unemployed and soon to be 52

CouldItBeMe

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Jul 17, 2012
Hello. I am glad I found this forum and website. I looked up the term "Entrepreneur" in Google and made my way here.
I've been out of work for a little over 3 years. I've not been very successful in my career path in life. :( I thought I would be good at what I did. Well, I question that. Anyway, I need some encouragement.
Nice to meet you all.
PS: I'll be 52 very soon. Who am I? :(

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

HenkHolland

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Aug 7, 2007
Welcome CouldItBeMe.
If you can stay healthy and energetic, your age is hardly relevant for your opportunities to still get into the Fastlane.

cants

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
38%
Nov 10, 2011
Hello. I am glad I found this forum and website. I looked up the term "Entrepreneur" in Google and made my way here.I've been out of work for a little over 3 years. I've not been very successful in my career path in life. :( I thought I would be good at what I did. Well, I question that. Anyway, I need some encouragement.Nice to meet you all.PS: I'll be 52 very soon. Who am I? :(
Welcome to the forum :) Make sure you read the book. Don't say the word "unemployed" as if it's a bad thing. Being unemployed means you have more time to find a need and build a business around it.Who are you is who you think you are :)

buckmajor

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
4%
Apr 28, 2009
Brisbane, Australia

BBarakti

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
42%
May 10, 2012
Las Vegas, NV
Hi... I hope you find the inspiration you need here...

First, really really recommend spending the $15 to get the book..read it... let the new way of thinking that he prescribes begin to sink into who you are at a very basic level. Learn the lingo...there are a million new terms you're gonna learn if you hang out here..if you read a term you don't know...search it/ google it.....

Like Musashi says in his book on combat, "Read the words as if you yourself had wrote them, as if they were insights born in and of your mind"....give yourself that feeling of discovery and optimism.... we like MJ because he speaks truth and it is a simple truth and it resonates very deeply with most of us.

spend your time here... search every thing that comes to mind.. absorb the new way of thinking..

good luck, stand up, start walking, start learning, and eventually you (and I) will be on the Fastlane with so many others here...

JEdwards

Legendary Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
418%
Jan 16, 2011
Texas
Hello. I am glad I found this forum and website. I looked up the term "Entrepreneur" in Google and made my way here.
I've been out of work for a little over 3 years. I've not been very successful in my career path in life. :( I thought I would be good at what I did. Well, I question that. Anyway, I need some encouragement.
Nice to meet you all.
PS: I'll be 52 very soon. Who am I? :(

First Welcome.

2nd, figure out what you can do, find a niche in that something, and exploit it.

I know that is easier said than done, but there is billions of dollars all around you. You just need to figure out something of value and exploit your experience over it. You being 52 is not a burden. You not adapting to something new is.

yahdmon

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
42%
May 3, 2012
I live in Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
Lucky you -- someone greater than you moved your cheese... what nerves of them?

Well you can stand there making time, turning around in circles or you could start moving... does not matter where really, just start moving and keep moving. If not you run the risk of missing this very wonderful journey you have been thrusted on.

Tell me: have you read the book? And THE BOOK? Start there if you have not.

dividedfork

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
25%
Jul 16, 2012
Definitely read the book. Will give you great inspiration. Also I live by the mantra of progress, not perfection.

Brander

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Jun 3, 2011
Australia, USA, Europe
I've been out of work for a little over 3 years.

Congratulations, I aspire to do that daily, but I just can't for long :)

Try to find out what your interests are and what you are good at (there must be SOMETHING) and see if you can make a living doing that or something related to that that can make money.

Back to sun-baking on the terrace...

andviv

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Jul 27, 2007
Washington DC

CouldItBeMe

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Jul 17, 2012
Hello everyone. You know, I forgot I even posted this here. It's been over a year now. Thank you for all your responses. I will have to look into the book you suggested. I apologize for the late reply. LOL

Lakeview

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
130%
Sep 5, 2013
Texas
So what have you been doing the past year? Working a job or pursuing your entrepreneur path? Which path are you taking?

Bigguns50

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
199%
Feb 12, 2013
Sedona, AZ
Welcome CouldItBeMe. Read that book man. Us who are over 40,50,whatever...REALLY have to make it happen daily !
You haven't worked in 3yrs ? Are you financially comfortable ? I ask this because you posted in July...It's November. What have you done since then ?
This is the absolute best forum on the planet for entrepreneurs. If you truly want to change your life...read the book, join the "INSIDERS". Read, think, read, think,...DO !

CouldItBeMe

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Jul 17, 2012
So what have you been doing the past year? Working a job or pursuing your entrepreneur path? Which path are you taking?

Hello. I have been turned down for jobs after job after interview after interview. But I no longer will allow it to destroy me or my future. I did a little freelance job. But I realize it's all about meeting people and making connections. It's all about being PREPARED.

Lakeview

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
130%
Sep 5, 2013
Texas
Hello. I have been turned down for jobs after job after interview after interview. But I no longer will allow it to destroy me or my future. I did a little freelance job. But I realize it's all about meeting people and making connections. It's all about being PREPARED.

I feel your pain. Ask yourself these questions:
- If you were to get a job today, how long would you be able to work?
- With what you have in savings + what you would be able to save, would you ever be able to retire?
- Will you be able to live off the interest of your savings? If so, for how long?

I'm 57 and it took me one month of looking for a job after layoff to realize my answers to these questions. My dad (85YO) gave me the book "Choose Yourself" by James Altucher. I then read The Millionaire Fastlane as previously recommended to you above. My focus and life is changing. I have learned so much and now have no desire to retire but create my own income stream the fastlane way.

You have the opportunity to realize right now, you have control of your destiny. I would recommend you do some sole searching and commit to yourself.

I wish you the best, which ever path you take!

MakeItHappen

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
195%
Apr 12, 2012
My dad (85YO) gave me the book "Choose Yourself" by James Altucher.
Awesome! Sounds like you have a great dad!

All the best for both of you guys!

PSK

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
49%
Oct 18, 2013
UK
CouldItBeMe - I recommend you read MJ's book. It doesn't matter if you're 52 or 25, white, black or yellow, fat or thin, MJ's book will help encourage you to take action, but its up to you to take action.

mayana

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
120%
Apr 26, 2011
Georgia, USA
Hello everyone. You know, I forgot I even posted this here. It's been over a year now. Thank you for all your responses. I will have to look into the book you suggested. I apologize for the late reply. LOL

Don't look into the book, READ it :)

I hope we see more of you around here. Don't let it be another year before we hear from you again!

kyled427

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
64%
Jun 19, 2013
The best time to plant a tree was 20 years ago. The second best time is now. - Chinese Proverb

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...