The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Two Hong Kong Shows Worth Noting In April 2013

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
I will more than likely be attending the Hong Kong Spring Electronics Show from 4/13/13 - 4/16/13. This is the smaller of the two annual shows aimed at Consumer Electronics... the larger (Fall) show is usually the 2nd week of October. You can register for the show free now at HKTDC Hong Kong Electronics Fair (Spring Edition)

The second show in April that is interesting is the gifts and premium show. That one is at the end of April. HKTDC Hong Kong Gifts & Premium Fair

You can see a full list of all of the trade shows sponsored by the HKTDC here:
hktdc.com - Trade Events

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Jake

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
148%
May 15, 2011
Bangkok
Tempting...

I land in BKK on the 13th. I could always divert course for a few days.

Edit: Pretty sure I'm going to go. I have some travel funds I need to burn and I haven't been to HK in 9 years.

If you take a break between inking million $ product deals I'll buy you a drink ...or 12. Wan Chai was always good fun :smx6:

I'm guessing this is an open exhibition where I can cruise around and take a look at all the products? Are the "events" sidebars from the main exhibition and not the focus of "the exhibition"? http://www.hktdc.com/fair/hkelectro...ronics-Fair-Spring-Edition/EventSchedule.html

Total newbie questions. I'm sure I'll just be looking but it won't hurt myself any to get familiar with how these work.

JamesSJ

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
112%
Apr 25, 2012
Hey - Let me know if you guys are going. I live in HK, would be good to meet up with some Fastlaners.

Jake

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
148%
May 15, 2011
Bangkok
I'll let you know once confirmed. Should have my flights booked within the next few weeks.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
I have always wanted to visit hong kong.

AnneC

Conscious
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
392%
Jan 3, 2012
USA
I think they purposely schedule this right before the Canton Fair, which is the largest trade show in China:
Canton Fair

There's a train from Hong Kong to Guangzhou.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
I am 75% in. I did the free registration, and will look at tickets, etc... I probably need just a few days in Hong Kong.

1. 1 day to walk the show
2. 1 day for vendor meetings
3. 1 day to screw around at the open air market (I think that is on the Kowloon side?)

And yes, the show is booths and booths of vendors. The lectures and programs are the side show. The reason for attending is to meet with and prospect new products for introduction to your market.

If I go, I will have at least one vendor dinner, but will intentionally keep one night free for a Beer and Pancakes Hong Kong dinner event.

(Maybe) see you all soon...

JamesSJ

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
112%
Apr 25, 2012
I am 75% in. I did the free registration, and will look at tickets, etc... I probably need just a few days in Hong Kong.

3. 1 day to screw around at the open air market (I think that is on the Kowloon side?)

And yes, the show is booths and booths of vendors. The lectures and programs are the side show. The reason for attending is to meet with and prospect new products for introduction to your market.

If I go, I will have at least one vendor dinner, but will intentionally keep one night free for a Beer and Pancakes Hong Kong dinner event.

There's a few all over HK - i guess you mean the ladies market. There's other worth checking out. I can give you some suggestions nearer the time.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
There's a few all over HK - i guess you mean the ladies market. There's other worth checking out. I can give you some suggestions nearer the time.

LOL. Screw around was the wrong term. Shop. Not the ladies market. I have everything I need at home.

I meant the market in Kowloon with the dozens of small shops where you can barter for everything from silk pajamas to chess sets.

Jake

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
148%
May 15, 2011
Bangkok

JamesSJ

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
112%
Apr 25, 2012
heh..when I pulled into HK on a ship back in 04 I think we found every "ladies market" on the island :rofl:

I think he was talking about this ladies market though Vig - Ladies' Market | Hong Kong Tourism Board

Ha, easy mistake. The ladies market is one of the biggest markets selling everything you can imagine.

The other 'ladies market' would be Wan Chai. Not many pajamas there... Mostly underwear LOL.

Jake

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
148%
May 15, 2011
Bangkok
Maybe some of you HK'ers can help me here. I signed up for the show and they said they would send me a ticket(or badge) a couple of weeks before the event. Are they physically sending one or is this something I can print out? If they're physically sending it I'm kind of screwed. Can you normally show up and gain access to these? Pay my way in? I'm guessing it won't be too difficult to access.

JamesSJ

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
112%
Apr 25, 2012
Maybe some of you HK'ers can help me here. I signed up for the show and they said they would send me a ticket(or badge) a couple of weeks before the event. Are they physically sending one or is this something I can print out? If they're physically sending it I'm kind of screwed. Can you normally show up and gain access to these? Pay my way in? I'm guessing it won't be too difficult to access.

Might be worth giving them a call. Usually for these things you would get an email and print the ticket (or at least that's how i have done these kind of events in HK before). Did you get a receipt or anything notifying you of confirmation?

Jake

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
148%
May 15, 2011
Bangkok
Yes. Received a registration number and this

"Eligible registrant will receive a free admission badge two weeks before the fair*. It will also allow you free entry to the concurrent HKTDC International ICT Expo 2013* , with no separate registration required.

(*The fair is for trade visitors aged 18 or above only. The Organiser reserves the right to verify the trade identity of registrants and to refuse admission to any registrants deemed inappropriate.)

We look forward to seeing you at Hong Kong Electronics Fair 2013 (Spring Edition). For latest show information, please visit www.hktdc.com/hkelectronicsfairse."

I'll contact them. Thanks!

Hong King Kong

Bronze Contributor
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
230%
Sep 29, 2012
Everywhere
Hey Jake,

I just registered and received a barcode for me to print. Pretty sure I just bring this barcode to the convention for them to scan and they'll print out a tag with my business information to wear around my neck. I've been to one of these trade shows before at the convention centre and they had a system set up at the entrance where they print the tags for you to wear.

At the time I didn't even register online, walked in and told them I owned a website and they let me sign up on their computers and printed me a tag for free entry.

Jake

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
148%
May 15, 2011
Bangkok
Thanks man. I'll try to get in contact with them prior to the event to make sure but I can't see it being too difficult to get in.

I could always be wrong..

Arrabista

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
400%
Jul 22, 2012
United Arab Emirates

Hi Vigilante and Any Other Fastlaners interested in this thread
Thank you so much for your contribution and generosity on this forum Vigilante ...
I value the perspective that you share with the fastlaners here regarding sourcing products from China.. your "addicted to passive income deposits " thread is fantastic.
I was going to send a private message to you but realised that the facility to contact you is not there and decided to make this public to all ..
Just wanted to let you know that i will be in HKG on 14th and 15th April and then I will Be heading off to Guangzhou for the Canton fair..
you particularly peaked my interest with the idea of HKG beer and panackes !
Would love it if we some fastlaners attending these shows can organise a get together...
I have been on the forum as a lurker but finally decided that it is better to have a 'voice' here and share... I am taking action , buying the ticket biting the bullet and going to HKG and Guangzhou.

I look forward to meeting whoever would like to who will be attending ....

Thanks

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
Looks like Sunday night 4/14 would work.

My schedule is going to be crazy, but I could meet up with Fastlaners for drinks and/or dinner at the Grand Hyatt in Hong Kong. That's the hotel that is connected to the convention center.

As we get closer, we can get a head count and see if people are interested in doing dinner at the Grand Hyatt Steakhouse on 4/14. We should maybe try and secure a reservation as I imagine it gets busy during the show.

Arrabista

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
400%
Jul 22, 2012
United Arab Emirates

Hey Vigilante thank you for the quick response happy to meet for dinner at the steak house. I land in HKG 1625 on the 14th just give me the time when you wanna meet for dinner and drinks and i will be there .
Thanks!

Jake

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
148%
May 15, 2011
Bangkok
Sounds good. I'll be putting in for my tickets next week when I'm back in Kabul. I'll probably arrive Saturday morning..Friday night if I'm lucky.

Alcohol always tends to be consumed at a very high rate the first day or two I get out of Afghanistan so.. there's your warning.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
Hey Vigilante thank you for the quick response happy to meet for dinner at the steak house. I land in HKG 1625 on the 14th just give me the time when you wanna meet for dinner and drinks and i will be there .
Thanks!

I probably won't be the one coordinating anything as my schedule is always relatively fluid. I will tag on to what ever you guys end up doing as long it is within a 9 iron of where the show is.

My time is going to be frantic as I am going to be on the ground a short amount of time... so probably the only time I will see you guys is for an hour or two Sunday night.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
:) I really need to. I also really need a sugar free red bull.

JamesSJ

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
112%
Apr 25, 2012

My schedule is going to be crazy, but I could meet up with Fastlaners for drinks and/or dinner at the Grand Hyatt in Hong Kong. That's the hotel that is connected to the convention center.

As we get closer, we can get a head count and see if people are interested in doing dinner at the Grand Hyatt Steakhouse on 4/14. We should maybe try and secure a reservation as I imagine it gets busy during the show.

Ok - the centre and that hotel are slap bang in the middle of the city. 5 min cab ride to Wan Chai and 10 to Central.

Anyways - i'm in if there is a meet up.

Jake

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
148%
May 15, 2011
Bangkok
Any of you guys been to Wooloo Mooloo? Food any good there? looks to be about a 5 iron away from the convention center so I may have to visit the following night lol.

JamesSJ

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
112%
Apr 25, 2012
Any of you guys been to Wooloo Mooloo? Food any good there? looks to be about a 5 iron away from the convention center so I may have to visit the following night lol.

It's Ok for what is...

Right next to the convention centre is this place which is quite new

http://hk.dining.asiatatler.com/news/giando-opens-in-wan-chai

I think perhaps one of the best in town... awesome steak :)

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...4113355.-2207520000.1362313932&type=3&theater

Hop in a cab at the Conference Center and ask for Fenwick Pier - 5 mins tops.

Arrabista

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
400%
Jul 22, 2012
United Arab Emirates
It's Ok for what is...

Right next to the convention centre is this place which is quite new

Giando Opens in Wan Chai | News | Fine Dining | HongKongTatler.com

I think perhaps one of the best in town... awesome steak :)

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...4113355.-2207520000.1362313932&type=3&theater

Hop in a cab at the Conference Center and ask for Fenwick Pier - 5 mins tops.

Jamessj,

Like your style man , as I said to vigilante lets all agree to a place and time and my guess is to reserve a table ...
My main goal is not the food but the conversation and saying hi to some like minded people!
:)
Arrabista

Arrabista

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
400%
Jul 22, 2012
United Arab Emirates
I probably won't be the one coordinating anything as my schedule is always relatively fluid. I will tag on to what ever you guys end up doing as long it is within a 9 iron of where the show is.

My time is going to be frantic as I am going to be on the ground a short amount of time... so probably the only time I will see you guys is for an hour or two Sunday night.

Hey Vigilante ,
No worries looking forward to it ..sunday 14 th it is ..I will buy you a drink to say thank you for your posts on this forum :)

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
Here's something some of you might be interested in:::

The Hong Kong Trade Development Council (HKTDC) cordially invites esteemed new overseas buyers like you to visit the HKTDC Hong Kong Electronics Fair (Spring Edition) 2013. To facilitate your visit to the Fair, HKTDC will sponsor your hotel accommodation in Hong Kong up to HKD2,100 (about USD 270) if you stay at one of our pre-selected hotels during the nights of 12 - 16 April 2013(inclusive).

hotel_main

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.