The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Two Hong Kong Shows Worth Noting In April 2013

JamesSJ

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
112%
Apr 25, 2012
For a meet up I suggest we stick to the original plan and get table booked in the Hyatt or even just meet up in the bar and decide from there. Sounds like the easiest option for everyone?

If everyone who wants to come please PM me your email address and i'll mange it seeing as i'm already in HK it's easier for me to call ahead and sort something out if need be.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Jake

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
148%
May 15, 2011
Bangkok
For a meet up I suggest we stick to the original plan and get table booked in the Hyatt or even just meet up in the bar and decide from there. Sounds like the easiest option for everyone?

If everyone who wants to come please PM me your email address and i'll mange it seeing as i'm already in HK it's easier for me to call ahead and sort something out if need be.
Sounds good to me. pm sent. I may need a +1. I'll let you know once I get everything booked.

Hong King Kong

Bronze Contributor
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
230%
Sep 29, 2012
Everywhere

pm sent! Looking forward to the meet up & drinks !

Arrabista

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
400%
Jul 22, 2012
United Arab Emirates
Pm Sent! looking forward to meeting you all .

Once finalised can you post here the agreed time . From 7pm onwards would be good for me on the 14th .

Thanks

Rawr

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Aug 12, 2007
south florida
Here is an idea Vig

you can place a tiny camera on your shirt and walk through the show with it, then edit parts that you are cool with showing to others. I am sure many people would love to see what caught your eye and how to talk to vendors. You could even charge to see the vid online.

Jake

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
148%
May 15, 2011
Bangkok
You guys still in?

If someone is making reservations I need a +1. Just tell me where and what time.

Hong King Kong

Bronze Contributor
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
230%
Sep 29, 2012
Everywhere
Ya I'm still in. Thought James was setting up the reservations?

if not I'll get it done next week n will post details.

biggeemac

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Jun 25, 2011
Uh, so wanna go. :nonod: But, gonna focus on building our little fledgling company and hopefully have some funds together to finance the trip for next year...... boooo

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
I can probably make it at least for a cocktail/dinner, especially if it is at one of the restaurants at the Grand Hyatt. I know it is a short cab ride from the convention center to the center of town, but I have several things happening while I am in town so I want to stay at the convention center/hotel area.

Arrabista

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
400%
Jul 22, 2012
United Arab Emirates
Hey just wanted to say that i am still in...i land on 14th so would prefer to meet up that evening

@ jake ,love to meet you
@ Vigilante ,you too my friend there is a drink coming your way;-)
My preference is the bar at the grand hyatt,if anybody can identify the name of the bar that way we can all meet from 7pm
Cheers arrabista

Jake

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
148%
May 15, 2011
Bangkok
I'll be there.

Look for the tall bald guy with a short Asian girl at my side.

Looks like we have our choice of the waterfall bar or champagne bar. Waterfall bar? Unless reservations get made at the Steak house that works for me.

Lets confirm. I'll send James a pm

JamesSJ

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
112%
Apr 25, 2012
Guys - Sorry for the radio silence... i was on vacation last week.

I have mailed everyone who messaged me with interest. Please drop me a mail back to confirm and i'll sort everything out today/tomorrow.

JamesSJ

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
112%
Apr 25, 2012
I see everyone is in anyways from the thread above!

So, 7 at the Waterfall bar? Will i book a table in the Steak House at the hotel for 8/8.30?

Jake

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
148%
May 15, 2011
Bangkok
I see everyone is in anyways from the thread above!

So, 7 at the Waterfall bar? Will i book a table in the Steak House at the hotel for 8/8.30?
Sounds good to me. :thumbsup:

JamesSJ

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
112%
Apr 25, 2012
Ok table is booked - 8.45 was the earliest they could do.

Got 6 seats - let me know if anyone else wants to come or can't make it and i'll fix.

Arrabista

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
400%
Jul 22, 2012
United Arab Emirates
I'll be there.

Look for the tall bald guy with a short Asian girl at my side.
Ok Jake see you soon man look forward to it ..as for me look for the jet lagged guy who looks like a young omar shariff lol and no short asian girl at my side.:D

see you all at the at the waterfall bar....

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
See you all Sunday night. I may be down a little late (like 7:30PM) but definitely hold my spot at the bar (and the steak house).

This is an interesting meetup, and here's why. You can rest assured that anyone that is meeting us --- in HONG KONG at a trade show --- are all action takers (or you wouldn't be there.) My guess is this might become an annual tradition. I am thrilled you are all going to be there, and I am really looking forward to this!

Jake

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
148%
May 15, 2011
Bangkok
Ok Jake see you soon man look forward to it ..as for me look for the jet lagged guy who looks like a young omar shariff lol and no short asian girl at my side.:D

see you all at the at the waterfall bar....
I hope to be recovered by then. I'm putting in 12 hrs at work, straight to the airport, passing through your country (DXB), Mumbai, then HK. :smx4: I should of taken the long layover in Dubai.

See you all Sunday night. I may be down a little late (like 7:30PM) but definitely hold my spot at the bar (and the steak house).

This is an interesting meetup, and here's why. You can rest assured that anyone that is meeting us --- in HONG KONG at a trade show --- are all action takers (or you wouldn't be there.) My guess is this might become an annual tradition. I am thrilled you are all going to be there, and I am really looking forward to this!
I like the sentiment, but I must confess. The trade show doesn't have anything to do with the current venture that I'm working on. I'm going....because I can.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
[video=youtube;zpcE6ReCobs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpcE6ReCobs[/video]

Shakeandbake

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
7%
Jan 4, 2013
Hey guys, I've been thinking to go to the Trade Show as well.

Question is, what is the difference between the Spring version and Fall Version of the Electronics Trade Show? I know Vig said the Fall is much bigger, why is that? What's the purpose of having 2 trade shows within 6 months of each other?

I know the Canton fair is huge, since it has 3 phases and runs for about 3 consecutive weeks. How does the Electronics portion of the Canton Fair compare to the HKG fair? What make which fair more attractive to attend, if you could only pick one fair to go to?

Are these Electronic Trade Shows almost like a Las Vegas CES, but Asian version?

For those wondering:
SPRING EDITION
Year
No. of Exhibitors
No. of Visitors
Gross Area
2012​
2,60057,59965,923 sqm

FALL/AUTUMN EDITION
Year
No. of Exhibitors
No. of Visitors
Gross Area
2012​
3,322​
64,478​
79,910 sq. m.​

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
Wow what a great night. It was awesome to meet a bunch of Fastlaners. Everyone has a story, and everyone is on a journey. If you ever have the chance for a face to face meeting with action takers from the forum, take it. I learned a ton tonight, heard about some cool projects, and met several people that hopefully are not stalkers. :)

My rolodex and friends list expanded tonight. Thanks for a great evening.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
Hey guys, I've been thinking to go to the Trade Show as well.

Question is, what is the difference between the Spring version and Fall Version of the Electronics Trade Show? I know Vig said the Fall is much bigger, why is that? What's the purpose of having 2 trade shows within 6 months of each other?

I know the Canton fair is huge, since it has 3 phases and runs for about 3 consecutive weeks. How does the Electronics portion of the Canton Fair compare to the HKG fair? What make which fair more attractive to attend, if you could only pick one fair to go to?

Are these Electronic Trade Shows almost like a Las Vegas CES, but Asian version?

For those wondering:
SPRING EDITION
Year
No. of Exhibitors
No. of Visitors
Gross Area
2012​
2,60057,59965,923 sqm

FALL/AUTUMN EDITION
Year
No. of Exhibitors
No. of Visitors
Gross Area
2012​
3,322​
64,478​
79,910 sq. m.​

Many of the same vendors will be at both shows. If you had to pick one vs. the other, pick the Fall show (because it's larger).

There are various industry related trade shows going on all the time in Hong Kong. This show is NOT like the US Based CES (consumer electronics show) which is geared towards finished branded goods for the American consumer market. The Asia shows are unbranded goods for export.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
Wish me luck. I am kind of a "riding in the back seat of the car" type of guy, but these people last night convinced me to take the train to the trade show today. If you don't hear from me again, assume the experiment failed.

Hong King Kong

Bronze Contributor
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
230%
Sep 29, 2012
Everywhere
Definitely good times last night meeting you guys, I learned a bunch and met some great action taking friends with similar goals!
Wish all you guys the best of luck on your adventures, and looking forward to hear about them! Feel free to hit me up on skype any time!

JamesSJ

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
112%
Apr 25, 2012
Hey guys - awesome night... really good to put some faces to names.

Very inspiring conversations - some ideas bubbling away already.

Hopefully the first of a yearly event!

I'll be messaging you with Idah's and my contact info's shortly (and trying to get her to join the forum!).

Vigilante - hope the train was ok? ;)

JamesSJ

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
112%
Apr 25, 2012
Vigilante - Please message me with an email address as i can't send you a PM !

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.