The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Trump, Think Big and Kick a$$

Runum

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Aug 8, 2007
DFW, Texas
I just picked this book up. Latest Trump book and has excerpts from Bill Zanker.

The introduction was written by Bill Zanker. He is the president/founder of The Learning Annex. In the intro Zanker gives credit to Trump for motivating him to take The Learning Annex from a small company to a large company. Zanker says Trump got him to take chances and get out of his comfort zone. Trump wanted Zanker to think bigger.

Chapter 1: Trump challenges you to be "honest with yourself." There is a 15 question quiz for you to see if "you have what it takes to think big and kick a$$." After the quiz Trump goes on to explain the correct thinking for each one of the 15 questions. In Zanker's section he emphasizes that successful people have "persistence." They use that persistence to overcome the inevitable obstacles.

Chapter 2: Trump says you have to have a passion for your chosen direction in life. He advises to go get it and not wait for the right time. Focus on helping other people get what they need and the money will come. Money is just for keeping score in life. He emphasizes that you have to "be a doer not a dreamer." He's not a big fan of win, win. He advises to crush the opponents. As you get more successful you are going to have to handle more and bigger pressures. You are going to have to be able to handle them. Focus on the problem, not the pressure. He tells the reader to read and learn from other peoples mistakes as well as your own. He repeats "Never give up." Zanker says to get out of your comfort zone ad take action.

So far, there are no specific plans. This looks to be a strictly motivational book with some Trump stories mixed in. More to come....

Greg

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Redshft

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
4%
Nov 5, 2007
Greenville, NC
I've been wanting to pick this book up. I'm reading "Why We Want You To Be Rich" by The Donald and RK. Good read that will make you open your eyes.

Runum

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Aug 8, 2007
DFW, Texas
Chapter 3: If you are prepared and you have what it takes, you have to go with your gut. You may even have to go against what everyone is telling you. He bought during the bad times even when it was most difficult. You have to believe in yourself even when everything is against you. Do not rely on other people for your due diligence, learn and control your own business. You were born with natural instincts for business, use them. He talks about how The Apprentice was born. It is important to be a man of your word. Sometimes you may succeed because you didn’t know enough to fail. Practice going with your instincts and you will do well. Instincts also have a lot to do with timing. You have to develop the ability to know when the time is right to do the deal. You also have to develop the ability to know which deals to spend your time going after. When the time is right go with your instincts but”do not bet the ranch on it.” There is a reason everyone else is running away. Zanker says to think on your own about deals. If you do what everyone else is doing you can only be semi successful. To be great you have to go your own way. Get your facts and take a break from them. Mull the facts over in your mind. Then your instincts can kick in.

Chapter 4: Create your own luck. You normally won’t be as driven during tough time as you would be during boom times. Luck is created through hard work and smarts. When luck comes your way work hard to take advantage of it, be prepared. “There are no guarantees that anyone will be rich and successful. Nobody owes you anything.” Don’t dwell on the negatives and be prepared to take chances. Learn to think positively. Don’t spend time on anger. Don’t expect to be successful all the time so you need to learn how to handle setbacks. Zanker says you only get so many chances in life so get prepared and go with it. Find ways to make you grow and extend yourself. Use where you work as practice. Do not do just the least amount you can do, do it better and with excellence.

Runum

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Aug 8, 2007
DFW, Texas
Chapter 5: When you are in business people will try to shoot you down. The more successful you are the more they will come after you. Learn how to take care of yourself. Be loyal to your friends. Make sure the people you are dealing with know that you know what’s going on. Keep your costs low. Dress the part of a successful businessman and let everyone know that you are someone to be reckoned with. Get the best people but do not blindly trust anyone. Do not “hire people with negative attitudes.” If they complain a lot stay away from them and don’t do business with them. Work to foster a positive team spirit. Be loyal to your employees and treat them right. Everyone makes mistakes and most deserve a second chance. Set high standards for yourself, your business, and your employees. Zanker says you will have to share some of your work. You need to hire the best people but don’t trust them blindly. When you ask for advice from people sit quietly and listen. Lead your employees by example. Reward people for a good job. Get rid of those that are not doing their job.

Chapter 6: This chapter is about revenge. Don’t take crap from anybody and if they get you, you better get them back. Zanker says also to make a list of people who wrong you and pick the right time to get even.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Runum

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Aug 8, 2007
DFW, Texas
Chapter 7: Momentum.(My favorite chapter) Chapter 4 was about creating your own luck this chapter is about taking off. When it’s your time you need to go for it and don’t slow down. You spent your time building up your business, relationships, finances, knowledge, and resources. During this time things start out slow. The longer you are in business the more that people see that you are serious. Then as more people see your intensity more opportunities will come your way. You create that momentum by focusing on your goal. Trump also suggests a mentor can help you create momentum and keep you pointed in the right direction. He also suggests getting a job in the field where you want to do business so you can learn the ropes. Trump observes that once your ball is rolling if you let it stand still or don’t keep it going momentum will work against you and destroy you. Never admit defeat. You become stronger with each setback. You really don’t know how bad things can get so you may as well keep on plugging. Anyone can do something if it is easy. Your determination and tenacity are what makes you different by conquering the things that are not easy. Trump repeats never give up. Expect problems and keep your cool. Work through difficulties. When you reach the summit it’s time to give back. Share your knowledge. Zanker says to keep your momentum going. Every day is a new day. Try again.

Chapter 8 When you have made it don’t think you can sit back and take it easy. You can’t be the best and not give it your best. When you are down focus on things that make you feel better. Focus on how much better the future will be. Be careful who you marry, it will have an effect on you. When people start talking about how great you are, never believe it. Don’t fall into the trap of the hype. Stay focused even after you have success. You have to be disciplined. Don’t focus too much on the way things are now, think more about how things will be in the future. “Worry, fear, and indecision destroy focus.†You have to control your negative thoughts. Your mind will make things much worse than they really are. Keep focused on the goal but don’t be inflexible. There are more ways to achieve success that you may think. Also be aware that there are things that happen beyond our control. Natural disasters, terrorist attacks, etc happen. Life is unpredictable so you have to be flexible. Zanker says stay focused and never give up.

Runum

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Aug 8, 2007
DFW, Texas
Chapter 9: Trump say to get a prenuptial agreement signed and gives many examples of why. Zanker agrees with Trump.

Chapter 10: Think big. Set big goals and carry a big attitude. Remember that in the stone ages the cockiest and most confident males ruled the roost and we are not that far removed from that time. Use your big attitude in every area of your life. People will regard you as you think of yourself. Have a big, positive, committed attitude and other positive thinkers will be drawn to you. Do all things in a big way. Do not give any time to doubts. Be confident but not arrogant. Speak with clarity and conviction. Spend your time with other big thinkers. Meet with other big thinkers regularly. Think and do, stop procrastinating. Use leverage to accomplish big goals. Expect setbacks and be prepared to work through them. Zanker gives examples of how he has lived his life increasingly larger as he got more successful.

Chapter 10 is the last chapter. The next section has a series of FAQ’s , testimonials, and must reads. I have summarized the points of each chapter. Keep in mind I did not include the colorful examples that Mr. Trump uses to reinforce his points and back his opinions. Overall, in my opinion, this is a motivational book, not a how to book.

MsMoney

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
16%
Jul 1, 2008
Valencia, CA
Chapter 7: Momentum.(My favorite chapter) Chapter 4 was about creating your own luck this chapter is about taking off. When it’s your time you need to go for it and don’t slow down. You spent your time building up your business, relationships, finances, knowledge, and resources. During this time things start out slow. The longer you are in business the more that people see that you are serious. Then as more people see your intensity more opportunities will come your way. You create that momentum by focusing on your goal. Trump also suggests a mentor can help you create momentum and keep you pointed in the right direction. He also suggests getting a job in the field where you want to do business so you can learn the ropes. Trump observes that once your ball is rolling if you let it stand still or don’t keep it going momentum will work against you and destroy you. Never admit defeat. You become stronger with each setback. You really don’t know how bad things can get so you may as well keep on plugging. Anyone can do something if it is easy. Your determination and tenacity are what makes you different by conquering the things that are not easy. Trump repeats never give up. Expect problems and keep your cool. Work through difficulties. When you reach the summit it’s time to give back. Share your knowledge. Zanker says to keep your momentum going. Every day is a new day. Try again.

Chapter 8 When you have made it don’t think you can sit back and take it easy. You can’t be the best and not give it your best. When you are down focus on things that make you feel better. Focus on how much better the future will be. Be careful who you marry, it will have an effect on you. When people start talking about how great you are, never believe it. Don’t fall into the trap of the hype. Stay focused even after you have success. You have to be disciplined. Don’t focus too much on the way things are now, think more about how things will be in the future. “Worry, fear, and indecision destroy focus.†You have to control your negative thoughts. Your mind will make things much worse than they really are. Keep focused on the goal but don’t be inflexible. There are more ways to achieve success that you may think. Also be aware that there are things that happen beyond our control. Natural disasters, terrorist attacks, etc happen. Life is unpredictable so you have to be flexible. Zanker says stay focused and never give up.

Great overview of the book! I'm going to get it tomorrow!!!! I am at the momentum stage myself and believe even though I was out for a week pretty sick....that I wasn't going to let that stop my momentum in business. I did as much as I was able even when I was sick and have a couple of really big deals in place because of it! I think I'm learning to keep the momentum going and it is almost like a rush or addiction. I get excited and want to do more & more!

Thanks, Runum!!!:thankyousign:

M&T

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
10%
Oct 2, 2007
Hershey, Pa.
Just read it.Good book...

hatterasguy

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
9%
Jul 29, 2008
Ever since I was a little kid I have looked up to Trump.

I havn't read this book, but it probably is pretty similer to his others. I love his think big, act big, go with your gut, take no prisoners approach to business.

I am practicing the revenge part right now. Someone screwed me good early last year, I'm going to cost them twice as much money this year as they cost me last. :coffee:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.