The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Trading using options

Anything related to investing, including crypto

ADayattheRoxbury

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
76%
Mar 23, 2019
So over the last 4 weeks, I have added a new weapon to my trading arsenal. Previously, I have traded Crypto to great luck, along with equities straight forward but the last few weeks, I have been studying all day on options and think I have figured out something that.. to say the least is extremely good for profitability. I don’t want to divulge yet in case I’m wrong (don’t want to cost anyone money here). I use technical indicators and AI for a broad market sense and then daytrade. Tickeron.com is the AI I use currently. Anyways, I’ll be updating this.

Edit: so yesterday I lost 7K so, I guess every day isn’t a party yet... going to look into some of tasty trades ideas and pushing the dates of options back to 56 days

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Attachments

• 89B93918-5E9F-4823-B59C-312F4AD522E9.png
    89B93918-5E9F-4823-B59C-312F4AD522E9.png
    170.8 KB · Views: 45
Last edited:

ADayattheRoxbury

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
76%
Mar 23, 2019
As a sidenote, I made about 50 trades back and forth today, so you’d need 25K+ so the pattern day trading rule doesn’t effect you. Best guys.

Peace and love. C

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Basically, all I’m doing is scalping (something they said can’t be done anymore) based off of feeling, what numbers mean to people, and things of that nature.

If this is the "strategy" I'm not sure what the strategy is. This says nothing, and means nothing. You trade on numbers and feelings? Feelings are irrelevant, but what numbers?

ADayattheRoxbury

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
76%
Mar 23, 2019
If this is the "strategy" I'm not sure what the strategy is. This says nothing, and means nothing. You trade on numbers and feelings? Feelings are irrelevant, but what numbers?

Forgive me, after staying up all night, I realize now that I did a terrible job explaining my thoughts. So first, using Tickeron, I see what stocks the AI says have a 75% chance of increasing and then 75% of the community thinks will increase, I add these to my watchlist. Next, because people psychologically hold value in numbers, when there is a resistance, like 2800 for the S&P today, and that number isn’t broken numerous times, but then finally is broken, I expect there will be a rally upwards in the price. Need to do more research to prove my point correct or wrong but thus far, I’ve had 3 negative days in my last 23 trading days.

ADayattheRoxbury

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
76%
Mar 23, 2019
Forgive me, after staying up all night, I realize now that I did a terrible job explaining my thoughts. So first, using Tickeron, I see what stocks the AI says have a 75% chance of increasing and then 75% of the community thinks will increase, I add these to my watchlist. Next, because people psychologically hold value in numbers, when there is a resistance, like 2800 for the S&P today, and that number isn’t broken numerous times, but then finally is broken, I expect there will be a rally upwards in the price. Need to do more research to prove my point correct or wrong but thus far, I’ve had 3 negative days in my last 23 trading days.

Both of those parameters are available in that software, thing only costs $20 a month and has given me the ability to look through so much technical data, I’d spend a lifetime looking at what I’ve seen, read and understood in a day.

ADayattheRoxbury

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
76%
Mar 23, 2019
Both of those parameters are available in that software, thing only costs $20 a month and has given me the ability to look through so much technical data, I’d spend a lifetime looking at what I’ve seen, read and understood in a day.

Hope I don’t look like too much of a raving lunatic . Had to still trade even though my 8 month old daughter has decided nighttime is for laughing uncontrollably.

ADayattheRoxbury

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
76%
Mar 23, 2019

So example MJ,

The price for SPX is 2780, goes up to 2789, back down, up to 2795, goes back down, goes up to 2798, back down. Yet it never crosses over. As soon as it actually crosses that fictional barrier of 2800, I buy a call option of 2820, and then I wait. Psychology plays a large role in the way people see money and it’s something I previously shrugged off, but after watching this YouTube documentary
View: https://youtu.be/rD5nQzbm0iI
I started testing my new thoughts on the matter.

As a side note, God sleep feels good. I’ll update this again after today’s trading day.

ADayattheRoxbury

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
76%
Mar 23, 2019
@ADayattheRoxbury check out Unscripted chapter 21, especially the last 3 paragraphs

Will do, soon as I get a copy.

As a side note, today was 50% of yesterday’s growth but used the same exact strategy which means it is replicable. Generally when i would reach 7-10K that would be my limit for the day.

Going to keep testing this. By the way, you must have around 28-30K because of the pattern day trading rules they have in effect to “protect” traders (keeps the poor, poor and the wealthy get even richer) means you need over 25K in your account to do what I’m doing since I made multiple daytrades.

Attachments

• 8B4A527F-F65C-46D1-ABAA-20B9B1A11B7A.png
    8B4A527F-F65C-46D1-ABAA-20B9B1A11B7A.png
    155.9 KB · Views: 22

ADayattheRoxbury

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
76%
Mar 23, 2019
Try buying some SPY$ calls right now...it has an upside potential.

So generally I do SPX instead of SPY but they're similar enough, with SPX being an Index and Spy being an ETF. So far, my results have been nothing short of stellar. I'm up to $142K YTD profit from just $25K to start off which is better than I've ever done in the past. That is for sure!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.