The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

"Acceleration Alley: Developing an Honest & Transparent Online Course on a Topic of Options Trading"

Idea threads

ElDiablo

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
116%
Sep 17, 2021
Hello everyone!

I'm excited to share my progress on developing an online course about a relatively new topic within options trading. This idea came after several people encouraged me to leverage my knowledge and experience to provide an honest and transparent view on this topic, countering the hype and marketing strategies often used by those looking to make a quick buck.

In this course, I aim to be as transparent as possible about both the positive and negative aspects of these strategies. While I don't claim to be the ultimate expert on the topic, I can point to key factors behind my successes and failures. Furthermore, I'll be referencing the information and studies that I used to build the foundation of the course, and encourage others to check them so that can also make their own conclusion and make better trading decisions.

The course content will be delivered through a series of videos and video slides, divided into different sections. I've already created all of the slides and video scripts for each lesson, and now just need to record the videos, screen capture the lectures, and gather visual support for the slides.

Although it doesn't fully align with the C.E.N.T.S. framework, particularly in terms of "Control," I've decided to upload the course to an independent platform for two main reasons: (1) I currently don't have a large audience following my work, and (2) I lack experience in selling "finished units," so this approach allows me to take action in a more beginner-friendly manner.

I'm considering a fair price for the course to be similar to an average finance book ($15-$20). By offering the course at a reasonable price, I hope to avoid being associated with the inflated prices often charged by so-called "finance gurus."

My goal is to add value by synthesizing information about the topic in a practical way, allowing others to learn from both my successes and failures. As the topic is relatively new and the content is short, I plan to update the course with new valuable studies or insights as they become available.

I've noticed that options trading, in general, has serious traction within the platform. While this doesn't necessarily mean there's equal interest in my specific topic, it could indicate an opportunity.

I'm aware that this endeavor isn't Fastlane, but I see it as an "Acceleration Alley" approach, moving closer to team producers and taking a step beyond the Slowlane.

I'd love to hear your honest feedback on this project, and if you have any recommendations that could add value to my endeavor, please share them. I appreciate your input and support!

Best regards,

ElDiablo

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

ElDiablo

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
116%
Sep 17, 2021
Hello again, everyone!

I'm happy to announce that I've significantly improved the online course I mentioned in my previous post. As a brief summary, the course is on a niche topic within options trading. It aims to present a balanced, fact-based perspective to counteract the sensationalism often surrounding the subject.

Now, the good stuff!

I've finished gathering all the necessary visual support for the slides. The once simple and text-oriented slides are now vibrant, engaging, and so much more visually appealing. This not only makes the content easier to digest but also, I hope, will make the learning process more enjoyable for the viewers.

In addition, I've designed the course image using some advanced AI visual tools. As a result, the course now boasts a funny and eye-catching photo that encapsulates the course's name and will definitely make it stand out.

My next steps involve the video production and video editing stages. I'll be recording the videos and capturing the lectures on the screen. I'm looking forward to this part as it's where the magic happens, and the words on the slides come to life.

I want to make this course as beneficial as possible, so I'm always open to your feedback and suggestions. Are there any specific aspects of video delivery that you find particularly effective when learning online? Do you prefer shorter, more frequent videos, or longer, more comprehensive ones? Any input is greatly appreciated!

Once again, thanks to anyone reading my thread and for any feedback you can provide.

Best regards,

ElDiablo

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
I'm happy to announce that I've significantly improved the online course I mentioned in my previous post.

Have you had success in trading options? Are you just offering introductory material, i.e., "A vertical put credit spread is .."

Jon822

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
270%
Nov 21, 2016
It sounds like you're creating a course on something you barely know anything about. What is your experience and overall profit in options trading? If my perception of your experience is mistaken, then I'd suggest one way you could improve this course's marketing is "proving" why anyone should take your advice.

Last edited:

ElDiablo

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
116%
Sep 17, 2021
Have you had success in trading options? Are you just offering introductory material, i.e., "A vertical put credit spread is .."
Hi @MJ DeMarco,

I appreciate your question, and I'm glad you're interested in hearing about my journey with the creation of this online course.
I'd say my performance over the years has been slightly above average, but it's certainly not the stuff of Wall Street legends.

During the peak of the C0VlD-19 market crash, I was able to leverage the downturn in a way that was beneficial to my portfolio. The downturn did provide unique opportunities for traders who understood the risks and were able to respond quickly. However, it wasn't all smooth sailing. The rising interest rates towards the end of 2021 and the war in Ukraine in early 2022 did take a toll on my portfolio. But, thanks to solid position sizing, risk management skills and a mindful allocation of my portfolio, I managed to minimize the losses during those tough periods.

Regarding my expertise in options trading, and specially this topic, I would be remiss to label myself an absolute expert, especially considering some features and strategies are still relatively new. That being said, I've had my share of success since I started this kind of contracts. Part of that success comes from learning from my mistakes, as well as adopting and adapting the strategies and metrics used by other successful traders. I've always found that one of the best ways to improve is to learn from those who are doing well, and I have them to thank for some of the insights that have helped me.

The course I offer does cover some foundational material about this topic, as I believe it's important to understand the basics before delving into more complex strategies. Experienced traders can find value in the nuanced discussions on concepts and metrics that I've learned and used for this area.

The course is designed to provide a comprehensive understanding of the subject, all the while emphasizing real-world application and insights from my own experiences, including my mistakes.

I hope this gives you a clear idea of my approach to this course and what can the viewers can expect from the course.

ElDiablo

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
116%
Sep 17, 2021
It sounds like you're creating a course on something you barely know anything about. What is your experience and overall profit in options trading? If my perception of your experience is mistaken, then I'd suggest one way you could improve this course's marketing is "proving" why anyone should take your advice.
Hello @Jon822 ,

I appreciate your comments and your directness. It's important to me that I provide clarity on this matter.

You're right in picking up that I'm not heralding myself as the next big name on Wall Street. However, I also want to clarify that I'm not approaching the subject of options trading as a complete novice either. My background is Finance, I worked at derivatives trading desk, and I’ve spent a substantial amount of time (almost 4 years) studying, trading, and learning from my successes and failures in this space.

This topic in options trading, is a relatively new field. Therefore, it's hard to find someone who could genuinely claim to be an absolute expert, even with a flawless trading record. This is a field that's constantly evolving, and we're all learning as we go along.

When it comes to my overall experience and profit from options trading, I've seen a decent level of success over time. I've had my fair share of wins and losses, which is to be expected in this game. However, I'm not here to sell on an unrealistic dream of becoming a millionaire overnight or that people should ditch their other trading strategies altogether. My goal with this course is to lay out the foundations of these strategies, demystify the hype that's often associated with them, and provide practical ways to manage them within their own portfolio, if they align with their investment goals.

I understand your point about "proving" why anyone should heed my advice. But it's worth noting that trading is not a one-size-fits-all endeavor. My strategies and experiences might resonate with some and not with others. What I can assure you is that I'll be as transparent and candid as possible about what's worked for me and what hasn't.

Ultimately, the decision to take my course and apply the strategies I discuss will be up to each individual. I'm here to share knowledge, facilitate discussion, and hopefully, help others navigate the world of options trading with a bit more confidence and insight.
That was one of the main reasons why I decided to offer the course at a "fair price", taking as reference the average price of a book about a topic in finance that is not a textbook.

Thanks for sparking this discussion. I hope I've addressed your concerns adequately. Feel free to ask if you have any more questions.

Jon822

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
270%
Nov 21, 2016
Hello @Jon822 ,

I appreciate your comments and your directness. It's important to me that I provide clarity on this matter.

You're right in picking up that I'm not heralding myself as the next big name on Wall Street. However, I also want to clarify that I'm not approaching the subject of options trading as a complete novice either. My background is Finance, I worked at derivatives trading desk, and I’ve spent a substantial amount of time (almost 4 years) studying, trading, and learning from my successes and failures in this space.

This topic in options trading, is a relatively new field. Therefore, it's hard to find someone who could genuinely claim to be an absolute expert, even with a flawless trading record. This is a field that's constantly evolving, and we're all learning as we go along.

When it comes to my overall experience and profit from options trading, I've seen a decent level of success over time. I've had my fair share of wins and losses, which is to be expected in this game. However, I'm not here to sell on an unrealistic dream of becoming a millionaire overnight or that people should ditch their other trading strategies altogether. My goal with this course is to lay out the foundations of these strategies, demystify the hype that's often associated with them, and provide practical ways to manage them within their own portfolio, if they align with their investment goals.

I understand your point about "proving" why anyone should heed my advice. But it's worth noting that trading is not a one-size-fits-all endeavor. My strategies and experiences might resonate with some and not with others. What I can assure you is that I'll be as transparent and candid as possible about what's worked for me and what hasn't.

Ultimately, the decision to take my course and apply the strategies I discuss will be up to each individual. I'm here to share knowledge, facilitate discussion, and hopefully, help others navigate the world of options trading with a bit more confidence and insight.
That was one of the main reasons why I decided to offer the course at a "fair price", taking as reference the average price of a book about a topic in finance that is not a textbook.

Thanks for sparking this discussion. I hope I've addressed your concerns adequately. Feel free to ask if you have any more questions.
I appreciate your response. For the purposes of a fair and open discussion, it's worth noting that I am not your target audience because I could not care any less about active trading strategies.

However, my previous criticism was based on the hypothetical premise of someone who is interested in improving at options trading. While I can respect the fact that you don't want to disclose exactly how much you've profited in options trading, you seem to dodge the question or give a political answer. By your own admission, you've done "slightly better than average". So the question still remains, why should someone take your course instead of learning it themselves or taking a course from someone who has been far more successful? If I was making $80k per year in a Slowlane job, I wouldn't ask a colleague who makes $90k how he or she does it. I would ask a multi-millionaire how they did it. This is a barrier you will have to address or your course is going to go largely unnoticed.

Imagine if you had an honest trailer bit done about your course, what would be said? "ElDiablo, a man who barely scrapes by in options trading, is asking you to buy his course so that you too can barely scrape by. In fact, even with his fair price, you might not even recoup the cost of the course. But worry not! He is open and transparent about the fact that trading options is basically a crap-shoot anyway. So why the course? We couldn't figure that one out either."

Again, I'm not your target audience but I do think that your potential customers have very real and justified hesitations that will keep them from becoming customers until you can address them. I've made this mistake before and learned from it so maybe it will apply here: one thing you have to remember is that you see yourself as an experienced options trader but that's not how everyone else sees you. Your potential customers see you as some random guy asking for their money. How are you going to "prove" to them you are an experienced options trader and not just some internet beggar?

If your goal is to be TMF in the space of option trading gurus, then I hope it works out but I think honest mediocrity will be a much more difficult sell than rich lies.

Last edited:

ElDiablo

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
116%
Sep 17, 2021
I appreciate your response. For the purposes of a fair and open discussion, it's worth noting that I am not your target audience because I could not care any less about active trading strategies.

However, my previous criticism was based on the hypothetical premise of someone who is interested in improving at options trading. While I can respect the fact that you don't want to disclose exactly how much you've profited in options trading, you seem to dodge the question or give a political answer. By your own admission, you've done "slightly better than average". So the question still remains, why should someone take your course instead of learning it themselves or taking a course from someone who has been far more successful? If I was making $80k per year in a Slowlane job, I wouldn't ask a colleague who makes $90k how he or she does it. I would ask a multi-millionaire how they did it. This is a barrier you will have to address or your course is going to go largely unnoticed.

Imagine if you had an honest trailer bit done about your course, what would be said? "ElDiablo, a man who barely scrapes by in options trading, is asking you to buy his course so that you too can barely scrape by. In fact, even with his fair price, you might not even recoup the cost of the course. But worry not! He is open and transparent about the fact that trading options is basically a crap-shoot anyway. So why the course? We couldn't figure that one out either."

Again, I'm not your target audience but I do think that your potential customers have very real and justified hesitations that will keep them from becoming customers until you can address them. I've made this mistake before and learned from it so maybe it will apply here: one thing you have to remember is that you see yourself as an experienced options trader but that's not how everyone else sees you. Your potential customers see you as some random guy asking for their money. How are you going to "prove" to them you are an experienced options trader and not just some internet beggar?

If your goal is to be TMF in the space of options trading gurus, then I hope it works out but I think honest mediocrity will be a much more difficult sell than rich lies.
I appreciate your insight, and it has certainly given me food for thought. You're correct; I have been somewhat reserved when discussing my profits from options trading, a decision influenced by the intricacies involved. Factors such as the timeframe, the size of my capital, my risk tolerance, and portfolio allocation all play a part in the outcomes. While I could disclose that I've doubled my capital, without the context, this statement would be rather empty.

In response to why someone should take my course instead of self-learning or seeking guidance from a significantly more successful trader, my approach comes into play. Like you, I'm cautious of the "get rich quick" promises that are rife within the finance sphere. I believe there is a demand for a more balanced, realistic viewpoint on options trading, and this is what I aim to offer.

Self-learners often have one of two characteristics: either they're short on money but have ample time, or they have a genuine curiosity about the topic. My course aims to meet their needs by providing a solid foundational understanding of options trading, with resources for further learning if they wish to explore different perspectives.

Furthermore, while the success stories of multi-millionaires can indeed be inspiring, their reality often operates on a vastly different level. In my view, someone closer to our own level can provide more relatable and practical advice. It's like learning to run; even if you were trained by Usain Bolt himself you’ll probably wouldn’t be prepared for the olympics right away.

The purpose of my course isn't to churn out a horde of expert options traders. Rather, I hope to cultivate an audience interested in this field and provide them with a foundation on which they can build. In the long run, my ideal goal aligns with the Fastlane approach – to create a tool or service that caters to the needs of different traders, informed by their feedback and interactions from this course.

Your humorous "honest trailer" bit is appreciated! In reality, I hope the narrative would be more along the lines of: "ElDiablo, a trader who has found moderate success in options trading, offers a course to help you understand the intricacies of the field. It's not a promise of overnight wealth, but an open, transparent look into the world of options trading."

Lastly, your point on perception resonates with me. It's crucial that I demonstrate to potential customers that I am not just another faceless internet solicitor, but someone genuinely invested in sharing knowledge and nurturing a community of informed traders. Yes, peddling honest mediocrity might prove more challenging than selling opulent lies, but if it leads to a community of informed, realistic traders, then it's a challenge that may be worth pursuing.
After all, it’s a harder entry level ;)

Thank you once again for your thought-provoking feedback. It has certainly given me plenty to consider and I genuinely appreciate it.

Jon822

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
270%
Nov 21, 2016
I appreciate your insight, and it has certainly given me food for thought. You're correct; I have been somewhat reserved when discussing my profits from options trading, a decision influenced by the intricacies involved. Factors such as the timeframe, the size of my capital, my risk tolerance, and portfolio allocation all play a part in the outcomes. While I could disclose that I've doubled my capital, without the context, this statement would be rather empty.

In response to why someone should take my course instead of self-learning or seeking guidance from a significantly more successful trader, my approach comes into play. Like you, I'm cautious of the "get rich quick" promises that are rife within the finance sphere. I believe there is a demand for a more balanced, realistic viewpoint on options trading, and this is what I aim to offer.

Self-learners often have one of two characteristics: either they're short on money but have ample time, or they have a genuine curiosity about the topic. My course aims to meet their needs by providing a solid foundational understanding of options trading, with resources for further learning if they wish to explore different perspectives.

Furthermore, while the success stories of multi-millionaires can indeed be inspiring, their reality often operates on a vastly different level. In my view, someone closer to our own level can provide more relatable and practical advice. It's like learning to run; even if you were trained by Usain Bolt himself you’ll probably wouldn’t be prepared for the olympics right away.

The purpose of my course isn't to churn out a horde of expert options traders. Rather, I hope to cultivate an audience interested in this field and provide them with a foundation on which they can build. In the long run, my ideal goal aligns with the Fastlane approach – to create a tool or service that caters to the needs of different traders, informed by their feedback and interactions from this course.

Your humorous "honest trailer" bit is appreciated! In reality, I hope the narrative would be more along the lines of: "ElDiablo, a trader who has found moderate success in options trading, offers a course to help you understand the intricacies of the field. It's not a promise of overnight wealth, but an open, transparent look into the world of options trading."

Lastly, your point on perception resonates with me. It's crucial that I demonstrate to potential customers that I am not just another faceless internet solicitor, but someone genuinely invested in sharing knowledge and nurturing a community of informed traders. Yes, peddling honest mediocrity might prove more challenging than selling opulent lies, but if it leads to a community of informed, realistic traders, then it's a challenge that may be worth pursuing.
After all, it’s a harder entry level ;)

Thank you once again for your thought-provoking feedback. It has certainly given me plenty to consider and I genuinely appreciate it.
To expand on the perception bit: I was marketing a product that I knew was valuable and I knew that I was an expert on it. The problem was that to the people I was cold-emailing, I was just another faceless, internet schmuck trying to make a quick buck. I had a colleague who mentioned an approach some other way more successful entrepreneur used to overcome that hurdle and that's what finally made me realize that my perception of myself is irrelevant to the perception my marketing portrays.

***Your humorous "honest trailer" bit is appreciated! In reality, I hope the narrative would be more along the lines of: "ElDiablo, a trader who has found moderate success in options trading, offers a course to help you understand the intricacies of the field. It's not a promise of overnight wealth, but an open, transparent look into the world of options trading."***
I hope this is a much more accurate representation of your course (and future courses) and they work out for you. All the best!

ElDiablo

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
116%
Sep 17, 2021
To expand on the perception bit: I was marketing a product that I knew was valuable and I knew that I was an expert on it. The problem was that to the people I was cold-emailing, I was just another faceless, internet schmuck trying to make a quick buck. I had a colleague who mentioned an approach some other way more successful entrepreneur used to overcome that hurdle and that's what finally made me realize that my perception of myself is irrelevant to the perception my marketing portrays.

***Your humorous "honest trailer" bit is appreciated! In reality, I hope the narrative would be more along the lines of: "ElDiablo, a trader who has found moderate success in options trading, offers a course to help you understand the intricacies of the field. It's not a promise of overnight wealth, but an open, transparent look into the world of options trading."***
I hope this is a much more accurate representation of your course (and future courses) and they work out for you. All the best!
I see what you're saying about perception, and it's something that certainly needs careful consideration.

The gap between how I see my skills and how others perceive them can be a tricky objection to handle. It's given me food for thought on how to ensure my audience sees credibility and trust in my skills and my work at first glance.
I’ve been focused on offering something of perceived value and insights with a YouTube channel about multiple topics on Finance.

I recognize that it can be challenging to set yourself as a competent professional.

The "honest trailer" bit gave me a good laugh, but it also made me reflect on how I present my course. My aim is indeed to offer a realistic, transparent look into this topic within options trading, without overhyping the potential gains or understating the risks.

Once again, thank you for your constructive criticism and well wishes. I see all of this as part of my learning experience, and I hope to carry these lessons into my future endeavors. I also wish you success on your way to Fastlane.

Jon822

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
270%
Nov 21, 2016
I see what you're saying about perception, and it's something that certainly needs careful consideration.

The gap between how I see my skills and how others perceive them can be a tricky objection to handle. It's given me food for thought on how to ensure my audience sees credibility and trust in my skills and my work at first glance.
I’ve been focused on offering something of perceived value and insights with a YouTube channel about multiple topics on Finance.

I recognize that it can be challenging to set yourself as a competent professional.

The "honest trailer" bit gave me a good laugh, but it also made me reflect on how I present my course. My aim is indeed to offer a realistic, transparent look into this topic within options trading, without overhyping the potential gains or understating the risks.

Once again, thank you for your constructive criticism and well wishes. I see all of this as part of my learning experience, and I hope to carry these lessons into my future endeavors. I also wish you success on your way to Fastlane.
I'm glad you didn't perceive it as a personal attack or intentionally malicious -- it was genuinely meant to be helpful criticism and I was more than open to being wrong. Do you have an eject button threshold? A point where you would decide that the need just isn't there and your time is better spent making a course on a different topic or a new Fastlane route altogether?

ElDiablo

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
116%
Sep 17, 2021
I'm glad you didn't perceive it as a personal attack or intentionally malicious -- it was genuinely meant to be helpful criticism and I was more than open to being wrong. Do you have an eject button threshold? A point where you would decide that the need just isn't there and your time is better spent making a course on a different topic or a new Fastlane route altogether?
You've hit the nail on the head with your question. It's a difficult call because we're often told that perseverance is essential. Just make improvements, and success might be just around the corner. Yet, there's also wisdom in knowing when to step back and reassess our strategies.
If I had to define a point, it would be a complete lack of sales and the absence of actionable feedback. If, even after offering the course for free for a while, I didn't receive any input indicating what aspects people found too complex, basic, theoretical, etc. I'd consider that a sign. It suggests that I misjudged the demand for this topic or the approach I took to it.
Although I'll never be entirely sure if it's the market's lack of interest or my delivery, the evidence strongly suggests that I should consider exploring a different area where I can offer value.
The irony isn't lost on me. I've encountered this while learning to research investment strategies in finance. Unfortunately, we can't definitively prove a hypothesis or fully state why specific market trends occur. But fortunately, data can make it more accessible to quickly disprove a clear and straightforward hypothesis, allowing us to move on to more promising sources of edge.

This simple question makes it a good reminder to remain flexible and open-minded throughout the process.

ElDiablo

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
116%
Sep 17, 2021
Hello again, Fastlaners.

Time sure does fly when you're embracing the entrepreneurial rollercoaster.
I'm happy to announce I've reached another significant milestone in my journey. The audio for all of the course lessons is now complete, ready to help budding options traders navigate better this area of options and the complex world of the financial markets. Now, I'm just waiting on some brief talking head videos to make the course feel a bit more personal.

I wanted to craft a course that was not only informative but engaging as well. So, the next challenge on my list? Video editing. Although it's a bit out of my comfort zone, it's a step I'm excited to take in the pursuit of creating a course that not only educates but engages and entertains.

As a quick side note (and hopefully a slightly amusing one), in the spirit of making the course available to a global audience, I decided to record all the audio in English. Now, let's hope my slight accent doesn't become a deal-breaker! In fact, I think of it as a free crash course in the pronunciation nuances of a well-traveled options trader hahaha

This journey of breaking free from the scripted path, not only from the world of high finance but from societal norms of the "right way," has been one heck of a ride so far. And the best part? I know there's still more to come.

For those checking this thread, thank you for being a part of this journey with me. Your feedback, your insights, and your experiences shared in this forum continue to be a beacon as I navigate these uncharted waters.

Till my next update, I keep embracing the process and stay Fastlane!

Best,

ElDiablo

ElDiablo

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
116%
Sep 17, 2021
Hey Fastlaners!

Back again with another update on my journey here.

I've managed to wrap up the content, including some extra bits and bobs, all ready to go. As fresh insights come along, I'll be updating the course to keep it as relevant as possible.

I've put in some serious time on the promotional video. It's an important piece of the puzzle, trying to get that 'perceived value' across right off the bat.

I figure it's pretty crucial in making a good first impression.

Next up, I'm checking out the specifics for the platform I'll be launching the course on.

I need to make sure everything fits right and that the SEO is on point. Yeah, I admit, marketing isn't my strongest suit, but I see it as a learning curve.

Success would be fantastic, but the experience I'll gain is just as important.

Just wanted to say a quick thanks to all of you following along with this thread. I hope sharing my journey here might prove helpful or even just a bit interesting to some of you.

Catch you in the next update ;)

Best,

ElDiablo

Jon822

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
270%
Nov 21, 2016
Awesome! I think more people will be interested when you get sales or feedback.

ElDiablo

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
116%
Sep 17, 2021
Hey @Jon822,

Thanks a ton for your response!

The real test comes now, as I wait for the feedback to roll in.

Good or bad, feedback's a gift and it'll be like the fuel to my entrepreneurial fire.

It's all about that continuous improvement, right?

As a quick update - the course has been uploaded and is now pending review by the platform. It feels a bit like waiting for a rollercoaster to start. A mix of nerves, excitement, and anticipation.

Looking ahead, I'm eager to see if I can bridge the gap between perceived value and actual value with this venture.

I firmly believe in providing as best as I can, but sometimes I have to take the plunge and start with something even if it’s not “perfect”. That's the goal here.

And who knows?

This project might just be the starting point, a way to bootstrap into larger and potentially more valuable ventures to serve people within the financial industry.

Only time will tell.

This community's support feels critical as it’s hard to find people in the same “entrepreneurial boat”.

I hope my journey and insights will be of value to folks here at the Fastlane Forum.

ElDiablo

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
116%
Sep 17, 2021
Greetings, Fastlaners.

It's been a little while since my last update and boy, do I have some good news to share.

I have just gotten my first "student" for the course! And even better, I received some positive feedback!

Screenshot 2023-07-03 at 18.56.11.pngScreenshot 2023-07-03 at 18.55.51.png

What's fascinating is that I haven't run any marketing campaigns or ads as of yet, so this early positive feedback feels incredibly rewarding.

It's a feeling that's hard to put into words - a pinch of validation, a dash of accomplishment, a glimmer of joy. It's like catching a glimpse of your potential, the sight of your work bearing fruit.

For all the slow and somewhat tedious work this has been, it feels good to know I've created something of value for someone else. It is, in fact, an indescribable feeling.

Am I cruising in the "Fastlane" now? Far from it.

But it's a small win. And sometimes, it's these small wins that keep me going when the road gets tough. It's proof that, even when everything else might feel uphill, things can and do happen.

I'm genuinely grateful for this outcome. Even if this endeavor remains small, it's given me a taste of the type of passion that only comes when "the world values your value" (DeMarco, 2017).

So, here's where I am - I got my first taste of success, and I'm hungry for more.

This journey's far from over, and I keep reminding myself that, every little step counts.

As always, I'm eager to share my insights with you all and I hope my story inspires others in this fantastic community. After all, we're all on this wild ride together!

Until next time,

ElDiablo

Jon822

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
270%
Nov 21, 2016
That's awesome! Congrats. If it turns out that the material you've chosen has far too small of interest to really make a notable income, then at least you have experience creating a course that generated positive feedback.

ElDiablo

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
116%
Sep 17, 2021
That's awesome! Congrats. If it turns out that the material you've chosen has far too small of interest to really make a notable income, then at least you have experience creating a course that generated positive feedback.
Since my last post, I got more people enrolled in the course, and I've also gotten negative feedback as one of them still feels that I kept it too theoretical.

Now, I'm working on expanding the course content and adding more practical examples of how I approach these kinds of contracts. I hope this new content better serves those who still need clarification on the content or need scenarios more tailored to their context as investors.

To be fair, the most challenging part for me is to find a way to deliver value that best matches what my audience wants, as I'm still figuring out who the average customer is vs. who I thought it was hahaha

As you mentioned, this is all part of gaining experience, and I'm happy to see even small results.

Caminsky

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
134%
Dec 27, 2022
Texas
Since my last post, I got more people enrolled in the course, and I've also gotten negative feedback as one of them still feels that I kept it too theoretical.

Now, I'm working on expanding the course content and adding more practical examples of how I approach these kinds of contracts. I hope this new content better serves those who still need clarification on the content or need scenarios more tailored to their context as investors.

To be fair, the most challenging part for me is to find a way to deliver value that best matches what my audience wants, as I'm still figuring out who the average customer is vs. who I thought it was hahaha

As you mentioned, this is all part of gaining experience, and I'm happy to see even small results.
Options trading is somewhat saturated, with giants like TastyTrade out there.

The question is, what can you do to stand out?

Are you live-streaming on trade days? Sharing updates from a real money account? Partnered with a prop firm? Looked into a simulator?

I suck at options trading. I've done much better just trading stocks. I would want more than vague explanations of how it works to buy a course. I can find that on Youtube. I would want real, actionable advice backed by real-world performance.

DavidePaco00

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
116%
Jul 27, 2022
Hello everyone!

I'm excited to share my progress on developing an online course about a relatively new topic within options trading. This idea came after several people encouraged me to leverage my knowledge and experience to provide an honest and transparent view on this topic, countering the hype and marketing strategies often used by those looking to make a quick buck.

In this course, I aim to be as transparent as possible about both the positive and negative aspects of these strategies. While I don't claim to be the ultimate expert on the topic, I can point to key factors behind my successes and failures. Furthermore, I'll be referencing the information and studies that I used to build the foundation of the course, and encourage others to check them so that can also make their own conclusion and make better trading decisions.

The course content will be delivered through a series of videos and video slides, divided into different sections. I've already created all of the slides and video scripts for each lesson, and now just need to record the videos, screen capture the lectures, and gather visual support for the slides.

Although it doesn't fully align with the C.E.N.T.S. framework, particularly in terms of "Control," I've decided to upload the course to an independent platform for two main reasons: (1) I currently don't have a large audience following my work, and (2) I lack experience in selling "finished units," so this approach allows me to take action in a more beginner-friendly manner.

I'm considering a fair price for the course to be similar to an average finance book ($15-$20). By offering the course at a reasonable price, I hope to avoid being associated with the inflated prices often charged by so-called "finance gurus."

My goal is to add value by synthesizing information about the topic in a practical way, allowing others to learn from both my successes and failures. As the topic is relatively new and the content is short, I plan to update the course with new valuable studies or insights as they become available.

I've noticed that options trading, in general, has serious traction within the platform. While this doesn't necessarily mean there's equal interest in my specific topic, it could indicate an opportunity.

I'm aware that this endeavor isn't Fastlane, but I see it as an "Acceleration Alley" approach, moving closer to team producers and taking a step beyond the Slowlane.

I'd love to hear your honest feedback on this project, and if you have any recommendations that could add value to my endeavor, please share them. I appreciate your input and support!

Best regards,

ElDiablo
Good evening!

Do You plan to sell Your course as a " lead magnet" for Your brand's awarness?

ElDiablo

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
116%
Sep 17, 2021
Options trading is somewhat saturated, with giants like TastyTrade out there.

The question is, what can you do to stand out?

Are you live-streaming on trade days? Sharing updates from a real money account? Partnered with a prop firm? Looked into a simulator?

I suck at options trading. I've done much better just trading stocks. I would want more than vague explanations of how it works to buy a course. I can find that on Youtube. I would want real, actionable advice backed by real-world performance.
Yes indeed!
After all, educational content is quite scalable and has a low barrier of entry for any person who has found even minor success while managing some money.

I started with the value proposition of setting realistic expectations for an overly hyped strategy in both social and financial media. The former touted this strategy as the next ticket to riches, and media outlets such as Bloomberg were writing articles about how these contracts would derail the whole market.

I figured plenty of people were interested in the topic but either too overwhelmed with mismatching statements or simply too hesitant to research the details of the strategy. Plus, they are just another tool within a portfolio.

What I've found that is extremely hard to convey as an educator is the intuition and actual know-how of settings of trades. To be fair, I also struggled when just starting.

The thing is, one can guide you throughout the whole process behind each trade and lead you to a positive outcome, yet you are just as lost when left on your own to come up with a trade that makes sense to your context.

Honestly, such an experience never fades away; you experience it every time you learn new concepts, tools, and financial instruments.

I genuinely get your desire to be led by someone who can give just what you need to be successful given your context, but in my humble experience, that is something that we get to craft one step at a time and probably from multiple sources.

I even faced such conditions when I started my financial career working at a trading desk at the institutional level. My former boss, the head trader, constantly demanded me to master the operational stuff (the dull and mechanical side of trading) while learning how these activities related to the business as a whole and why he got to make money for the bank.

It takes time, committing multiple mistakes, and getting frustrated despite your best efforts. But, you get to know those who thrived in such an environment and make a killing.

No wonder why it is pretty hard to compete in these kinds of industries ;)

ElDiablo

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
116%
Sep 17, 2021
Good evening!

Do You plan to sell Your course as a " lead magnet" for Your brand's awarness?
Hi @DavidePaco00!

Not there yet hahaha

I just used the course to test if there was any interest in the topic and if my way of teaching was even remotely appealing.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.