The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Trading one of my personal cars for a limo

Anything related to investing, including crypto

J Perez

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
80%
Mar 9, 2016
Buddy is getting out the limo business because he just bought a barbershop and wants to focus on that. I'm in the Chicago north suburbs area .

He wants to trade his last limo, think it's a 15 passenger or so 2005 town car limo for my 05 Lincoln Navigator .

I have another personal car so I'll still have a daily driver. Would you guys jump on this opportunity . I know it's not fast lane business , but any extra money is always good lol [emoji16]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

JoeB

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
217%
Jul 17, 2014
UK
I know it's not fast lane business , but any extra money is always good lol [emoji16]

Not necessarily.

What plan were you working on before the opportunity arose?

Will acquiring the limo interfere with that plan?

J Perez

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
80%
Mar 9, 2016
I'm working a normal full time job .

Have a few side hustles so that's all it would be to me.

J Perez

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
80%
Mar 9, 2016
I think you could uber one lol, if I signed up for it. Currently use one driver.

If I keep getting appointments I'll probably end up getting another one limo and another driver. Nothing but extra money for now. Don't really see it going anywhere crazy . Lol [emoji16]

Horus

The All Seeing Eye
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Mar 11, 2016
What's up Joel, how's it working out with the Limo?

Ankerstein17

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
73%
Mar 22, 2015
Edmonton, Alberta
Whats the opportunity cost vs the cost of selling your navigator. Then realize, what the duration of the limo is in terms of its life. What will it cost you to operate, and what kind of revenue it will generate. If you have this all answered I think you should have a good idea if its a good trade or not

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Thx to uBer and on-demand transportation, the limo business is a dying industry. I wouldn't recommend anyone getting into it.

Charis

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
30%
Jun 9, 2014
Texas
Weddings, funerals, proms the list goes on there is still a market for Limos IMO.

RHL

The coaching was a joke guys.
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
747%
Oct 22, 2013
PA/NJ
Weddings, funerals, proms the list goes on there is still a market for Limos IMO.

You don't want to buy in at the last gasp of anything. Your start up cost is going to be the same as it was in 1994, but your profits will be a fraction of what they once were. It'd be like opening a video rental place. You could still make money, sure, but it'll be peanuts compared to what it used to be.

Charis

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
30%
Jun 9, 2014
Texas
You don't want to buy in at the last gasp of anything. Your start up cost is going to be the same as it was in 1994, but your profits will be a fraction of what they once were. It'd be like opening a video rental place. You could still make money, sure, but it'll be peanuts compared to what it used to be.

True but you still have the large party market. It's all in how you market yourself. Also I believe this was a side gig so we are not looking to kill it just have an extra income source. I would decide a figure you want per month and how many jobs that would take, then drive paid traffic to achieve the goal. You should still be able to make a couple of thousand per month easy.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
True but you still have the large party market. It's all in how you market yourself. Also I believe this was a side gig so we are not looking to kill it just have an extra income source. I would decide a figure you want per month and how many jobs that would take, then drive paid traffic to achieve the goal. You should still be able to make a couple of thousand per month easy.

How many years did you spend in the limousine industry? I spent nearly TWO decades. Weekend warriors (what you are describing) do NOT make money unless they go gypsy -- underinsured, undermaintained, and under-licensed. I respect the idea that weddings and proms aren't going away, but they are NOT enough to sustain a limousine business, even on the weekends for "extra money" -- if someone is properly licensed, maintained, and insured-- there is no extra money after it is said and done.

Last edited:

Charis

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
30%
Jun 9, 2014
Texas
How many years did you spend in the limousine industry? I spent nearly TWO decades. Weekend warriors (what you are describing) do NOT make money unless they go gypsy -- underinsured, undermaintained, and under-licensed. I respect the idea that weddings and proms aren't going away, but they are NOT enough to sustain a limousine business, even on the weekends for "extra money" -- if someone is properly licensed, maintained, and insured-- there is no extra money after it is said and done.
I stand corrected your experience obviously trumps me. I was under the impression he had a driver and was doing this full time not as a weeked warrior.
If it is full time I would suggest partnering with funeral homes,wedding planners, funeral planners, party planners, hotels etc to get referral business.

RHL

The coaching was a joke guys.
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
747%
Oct 22, 2013
PA/NJ
Weekend warriors (what you are describing) do NOT make money unless they go gypsy -- underinsured, undermaintained, and under-licensed.

Heaven forbid, but I'm still waiting for the first $XXX,XXX,XXX lawsuit to hit Uber after an Uber driver's passengers are involved in a fatal accident.

Last edited:

Lauryn

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
185%
Jul 11, 2013
Dallas, TX
I think they have enough on their hands with the sexual assault and rape allegations some have had, not to mention cities like Austin requiring more stringent standards.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.