The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Toastmasters Public Speaking

JunkBoxJoey_JBJ

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
189%
Jul 9, 2018
Wanted to join for years...

Went to my first Toastmasters Meeting (public speaking training) last night. Was thinking, in this day and age of people using their phones a lot and not necessarily connecting with one another, one-on-one or in person, connecting or having to talk in front of larger groups may become a value proposition or business.

Anyone thinking they should join Toastmasters or trying to have a leg up in the future with strong public speaking skills and how you are improving, trying or creating value from public speaking, I thought we could use a thread.

First visit, spoke for 1:05 seconds in front of about 12, and the time was supposed to be 1:00. Not bad (on a random topic picked by someone else). May have more posts to show progress and/or thoughts on Toastmasters and public speaking itself. Don't be shy...

DISCLAIMER: My teacher made all of us memorize a 2 minute poem once a week for all of 7th and 8th grade and stand up in front of class and present it (no notes/paper!). At the time I wanted to bitch, quit and sh*it my pants, but we all got through it and it was one of the greatest gifts a teacher could give and develop. I suppose today they would be sued for cruelty, hahaha!!!

That being said, I have spoke in front of a crowd as small as 20 as in a classroom (as some of you have too) and as large as 300 hosting some event(s) (not bragging, but encouraging the next generation or INSIDERS with a possible skill set that could prove to be VERY valuable or fastlane). You can do it - others don't like to!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

Longinus

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
441%
Aug 28, 2014
Poland / Belgium
Been a member in Toastmasters for years. Reached CC, CL, and ACB. Been VP and president of the club. After a couple of years I have the feeling I reached my learning curve and quit.

Would recommend everybody because I definitely feel I have better communication skills and never feel awkward when talking in front of an audience. Not just communication but also leadership skills are getting improved in TM.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Would recommend as well, although my experience wasn't Toastmasters but be thrown into the fire with the annual Summit meetups. Nothing trumps experience, even if it is in a group designed to improve speaking.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.