- Joined
- Aug 26, 2014
- Messages
- 305
- Location
- Texas. (Mars during summer)
Rep Bank
$1,015
$1,015
User Power: 143%
Today two friends of mine, two heroes, died. Not in a war, not in a car accident, not in a murder. They died for their passion, their relentless search for technological improvement, for what they thought was worth dedicating time, pain, and ultimately even death.
Before changing jobs I worked ten years doing my small part to keep them safe; today this ended, and they are not with us because they were trying to help us, to improve our lives.
No, they were not entrepreneurs, but they died because of their mission. According to the news I received, their last action avoided a bigger death toll.
They believed in themselves up to the last second of their life.
Can you imagine that? Being so sure of what your doing – and why you’re doing it – that instead of running to save yourself, you save someone else.
Today’s events made me think, as usually sister Death convinces us to do.
Who am I to waste my time? Who am I to waste my mission?
Why would I be afraid of stuff like “failing”? Bankruptcy? “Doing the wrong thing”?
What right do I have to be afraid to the point that I stop acting?
What right do I have to escape from my own mission? I believe that all of us have missions?
Their death taught me one thing: don’t be afraid of failing, because you know… failure is just an imaginary problem.
To you, heroes.
To you, my friends.
Before changing jobs I worked ten years doing my small part to keep them safe; today this ended, and they are not with us because they were trying to help us, to improve our lives.
No, they were not entrepreneurs, but they died because of their mission. According to the news I received, their last action avoided a bigger death toll.
They believed in themselves up to the last second of their life.
Can you imagine that? Being so sure of what your doing – and why you’re doing it – that instead of running to save yourself, you save someone else.
Today’s events made me think, as usually sister Death convinces us to do.
Who am I to waste my time? Who am I to waste my mission?
Why would I be afraid of stuff like “failing”? Bankruptcy? “Doing the wrong thing”?
What right do I have to be afraid to the point that I stop acting?
What right do I have to escape from my own mission? I believe that all of us have missions?
Their death taught me one thing: don’t be afraid of failing, because you know… failure is just an imaginary problem.
To you, heroes.
To you, my friends.
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
