The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Tired all the damn time

illmasterj

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
253%
Jan 19, 2016
1360m
I have alot on my plate right now, with my Dating Coaching business, facilitating a move with my girlfriend, getting my classes and everything set up for next semester, trying to open a fastlane business ( a shopify dropshipping store), family obligations, and a part time job.
Lots going on. Do these things energize you? Or are they an obligation and a drain on your energy?

If they aren't energizing you and you are sleep deprived you've gotta make some "you time". That might be exercise, getting an extra hour's sleep, or taking the whole of Sunday off to do nothing but *whatever energizes you*.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

mtn_baldy

The Charismatic
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
355%
Apr 20, 2015
Kalispell, Montana
@CaptainAmerica ,@Omega , @biophase , @illmasterj @BStaff95 @AgainstAllOdds

A sincere thank you for the tips and advice. I think y'all are right, which is basically build a strong foundation and try not to overwork myself.
I'm going to reevaluate my diet as well, because I've been on a low carb diet for a long time, and my body might just need some carbs. Sleep is definitely huge. I may just be getting older and need 8 full hours.

@Square1Hype
"Yeah man, there's a good chance you're just burnt and spinning your tires. Spend a day or two doing everything that would make your hustling productive self cringe. Need some contrast to your grind or it can get pretty depressing, dull, monotonous."

Definitely feeling monotonous lately. Just lacking creativity and drive the more tired I get, so this is having long term affects on my business as well, really slowing me down, which is why i asked for help on here.

@TeveTorbes and @InspireHD

Thanks for all the advice in your replies. Im going to do a no coffee kick for a few weeks and see how that helps. How the hell do you wake up at 5am though? That seems impossible for me.

@ProblemOd
One Thing added to chopping cart. Will read it next.

@NewThunderstorm
Hey man, thanks! I havent been to a doctor in like two years so maybe I just need a checkup. I haven't been taking advantage of this free Canadian healthcare at all.

@snowbank
Good advice , honestly. I cant stand band-aid fixes but like you said, the doctors are notorious for just perscribing random drugs for shit. How would I go about finding a good doctor? That's just good life advice that I would appreciate.

Thanks for all the advice!

Ravens_Shadow

THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
643%
Oct 2, 2012
Austin, TX
I personally wouldn't go see a doctor. I used to be extremely fatigued all the time. Fixed it with three things:

• 8-10 hours of sleep per night
  • A 12 minute nap during the day (sometimes twice a day.)
  • A good breakfast (eggs + veggies), Lunch (high in carbs generally), Snack (small snack, be it fruit, veggies, cereal, etc), Dinner - zero to very little carbs at all. Just meat and vegetables, no beans or potatoes either. Within an hour of waking up i eat breakfast, and every 2 1/2 - 3 hours later I eat in the order i just said. I don't go longer than 3 hours without eating. I also eat very clean foods, and eat nothing that is processed.

A

Anon38776

We can't help you. Do your own research on the possible causes, please.

I know this sounds like, "I don't want to help you, so I won't." But that's not the way it is. You're literally asking us to diagnose you even though we don't know anything about you, or you want us to list all the solutions to fatigue.

That said, I still want to give you my take.

This happened to me, too, when I became depressed and anxious. At first I thought, "Sure, I'm tired, I'll rest for a few days." A month passed and I was tired again. Then a week. Then hours. Then I was permanently incapable of even playing video games. Everything made me anxious and tired. It still does. But I've learned some things to lower my anxiety.

1. Coffee.
This one's simple and obvious. It makes my physical symptoms worse (palpitations), but it makes me feel less tired, depressed, and anxious. I'm thinking of trying (bulletproof?) Matcha green tea as a replacement.

2. Physician -> Neurologist -> Psychiatrist & Psychologist = Diagnosed with a neurosis.
So, this happened about 10 months ago. I was laying in my bed, blood came from my nose and I almost blacked out. You couldn't feel my pulse. Doctors said I fainted. After a few weeks. I started getting panic attacks. My heart felt weird. Palpitations began. It felt like my heart was skipping beats. I went to the doctor's and he sent me to a neurologist, the neurologist directed me to my psychiatrist and he put me on pills. Which helped. Note that I was depressed WAY before any of this happened. It was bound to happen.

3. Chopping large tasks into smaller tasks.
Writing an article is a huge process for me. It's hard to "write an article." I like to chop it up into multiple smaller pieces. First, I will research the material. Second, I'll write a dirty outline. Third, dirty draft. Fourth, clean up the draft. Leave it. Add steps as necessary. I only think about the next bite of the task.

4. Not doing anything. Not planning anything. Letting go.
A few days of letting myself go never fail to get me (somewhat) back up on my feet.

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.
I would agree sleep, eating properly, and fitness seems to be a key in being an entrepreneur. I just learned the hard way, and waiting for blood tests. I didn't pay attention to how much sleep, eating healthy, or fitness, and paying for it now after two years of trying to work around the clock on entrepreneurship.

Have a nice cut on my brow and eye lid from boxing with the sink when I blacked out. So I think it's imperative for us all to pay attention to our health. I suppose part of the process of being an entrepreneur. LOL! Not just Mental Toughness and Regulating Emotions. Fitness too! I was paying attention to the articles in here, and just when I started towards fitness, well two years of grinding caught up with me.

Although the last few months, I have been making these changes and will continue too after these results. So please don't take it lightly. I've wasted time by not paying attention to my health. While we'd like to be IRON Man and IRON Woman, fortunately we don't have super powers and super strength.

nradam123

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
165%
Mar 14, 2016
Sounds to me like you don't have focus and hence you know you are busy for the sake of being busy.

You have two businesses (Dating coaching and dropshipping)
Classes
Part Time Job
Then you have a girlfriend and family obligations
Workout

Thats a lot.

Its time to take a pause and prioritize things.

Or you are going to regret. Months or years will pass and you will remain the same.
Even though you are "busy" and working hard.

If I were you this is what I would do -

Take a full week off and fully relax. Eat well and sleep well. See how your energy is then. If energy is back, awesome! If not, I dunno ... see a doc maybe.

And then I would do the following -
1) Family is important to me. I will somehow find time for family and girlfriend, but make sure its to a minimum. Make them understand.
2) Put my 1% focus on everything else and 99% focus on ONE BUSINESS
3) Build workout into a daily/tri-weekly routine (In my case I am not working out now but I will start once my business is kicking a$$)

cautiouscapy

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
104%
Dec 30, 2012
UK
With regard to getting up very early, a recommendation from someone who's never been a morning person.

I've found that this app (Android and iPhone) is helpful.

https://www.sleepcycle.com/

It monitors your movements when you're asleep - getting better in the first few days as it gets to "know" you - and wakes you up at or just before the time you set its alarm for, when it judges you are in the lightest phase of sleep.

It makes it a lot easier for me to wake up early...though I admit there are times I backtrack and don't use it.

AustinS28

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
240%
Sep 25, 2014
Manhattan, NY
Didn't get a chance to read all the posts. So some of this may have been said.

This past year, rest has been an absolute priority of mine.

It's absolutely unavoidable that 3-4 nights a week I get 5-5.5 hours of sleep a night. I also average 17000 steps/day a month (according to my iPhone), I live in New York City so I walk everywhere and have appointments all over town. I competitively weight lift and do intense cardio 5x per week. I'm in a long distance relationship with someone in a different time zone so I also have inconvenient hours face timing many nights. Then on top of all that, I work 50-60 hours per week in my business and another 20-30 on it each week.

I'm just stating those above facts to help illustrate how I feel your pain and I speak from experience on the subject.

I've greatly reduced my fatigue with

Naps - any day I get sub 6 hours of sleep I make time for a nap. It's necessary if I want to stay mentally sharp.

Organization - I plan out my days, I keep tidy to eliminate stress. I do all the thinking ahead of time so I don't waste energy figuring things out on the fly. This really is so important. I want to know most of my day before it happens and what my goals are that day so I can get right to it. I also keep a clean home. Sloppiness is stress - more stress, less relaxation, more fatigue.

Fitness - it's a lack of self respect to eat like shit and not exercise. You don't care about yourself if you don't take care of your body. It's a reflection of your self worth. I'm not saying you need to look like a model but get healthy, you'll soon feel better.

Strategic Caffeine Usage - cup in the morning, cup after a nap on those hard days. It definitely gives me a few hour boost to push through those brutal days. I try to avoid it after 3pm so I can sleep.

Planned time away from it all - having a day a week or extended weekend every few weeks to completely get away from my agenda. It's too refreshing not to have and keeps me motivated to get back to the grind.

Oh and try to keep you bedroom just for sleeping and relaxing activities. No work.

Ubermensch

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
Jul 7, 2008
Chicago
A cursory glance on the gist of many posts consists of advice on sleep patterns and total time slept.

Yet, how does one explain fevered brains working through the night, their minds fully alert, neurons flashing brilliantly, conscious and unconscious mind locked in the embrace lovingly referred to as "flow," all of this often with very little sleep, or even no sleep for days and weeks... and often much longer?

Perhaps there is a deeper cause, one that goes beyond commonly accepted notions about fatigue, and goes to the heart of the matter. Literally, because your heart is the heart of the matter.

Your heart, and all of the fight in it, determines the energy with which you seize the day.

In my experience the lames that constantly complain of fatigue like to talk a big game about their future plans and their so-called actions to bring them to fruition. Yet, when push comes to shove, when it's time to actually do lion shit - they prove themselves all meow, and no bite. They can't get out of bed. They can't bring themselves to make sales calls. They can't do shit, and yet they talk it.

Since school ended this semester, I have been feeling extremely exhausted from the time I get up in the morning, until I go to bed.

I have alot on my plate right now, with my Dating Coaching business, facilitating a move with my girlfriend, getting my classes and everything set up for next semester, trying to open a fastlane business ( a shopify dropshipping store), family obligations, and a part time job.

In the past this hasn't been an issue, but since school has stared, I've pretty much stopped working out altogether. I started working out again last week, but now I feel more exhausted than ever. I'm wondering, I'm only 23.

Why is this happening to me?

In this regard, I share sentiment with Tylder Durden (below).

I see all this potential, and I see it squandered.

An entire generation, pumping gas, unable to even wake themselves in the morning. Indeed, I have encountered more than my fair share of fatuous millennials, sleeping all of the time, unable to wake themselves to live their boring and meaningless days.

Slaves, with Facebook and other social media accounts, the generation that uses memes, poor grammar and sloppy syntax to express ideas unworthy of attention to minds of real worth.

I guess I was just raised differently. In my youth, I learned the value of rigor, the power of practice and repetition, of spending hours upon hours learning the fundamentals of some task.

I learned the phrase "early to bed, early to rise, makes a man healthy, wealthy and wise."

If you can't stay awake to live life, maybe that says something about your life, or how you live life.

Don't get me wrong. Some days are harder than others. Yet, no war has ever been won by sleeping.

Read Sun-Tzu. Understand "the death ground" strategy. Do you think the 23 year old American soldiers that invaded Normandy circa WWII had a sleepy mind state? Certainly not. Then again, in the words of Tyler Durden, these heroic young men had a Great War. Their parents lived through a great depression.

Further, Durden's words are aged, and no longer ring true. Today's millennial does face a global recession. You just basically have to decide whether or not you will bow to the pressure of the war... and perhaps you should accept that "the life of man upon earth is warfare."

Generals do not win wars by sleeping; yet, many kings have fallen whilst slumbering in the night, beneath the aggressive sword of an alert enemy.

Just ask @AndrewNC and he'll tell you that you can choose your mind state, and you don't even need to buy "woo woo" to accept that as fact. Psychology and neurology both support the notion that humans can consciously manipulate their mental states. So, do that, snap out of your lugubrious funk, literally charge yourself through sheer force of will (extremely strenuous exercise, a brisk walk whilst talking to yourself or jotting down notes, whatever it takes) and get done what the F*ck needs to be done.

Last edited:

Torobaro

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
139%
Mar 30, 2016
Spain
Since school ended this semester, I have been feeling extremely exhausted from the time I get up in the morning, until I go to bed.

In the past this hasn't been an issue, but since school has stared, I've pretty much stopped working out altogether. I started working out again last week, but now I feel more exhausted than ever. I'm wondering, I'm only 23.

Why is this happening to me?

You definitely got a LOT going for you right now:

- More than one business
- Love issues
- Your job

I think it might be normal you´re feeling tired, we´re not super-humans, will power doesn´t last forever it´s something that needs to be re-charged.

Also, do you have a very clear WHY as to why you want to accomplish all the above-mentioned stuff? A why that makes you cry, I think once you get that crystal clear one becomes unstoppable, but again you have to keep reminding yourself of your why or why´s

dzk1991

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
133%
Jun 6, 2016
Had the same problem and it was probably due to a bad sleep. What really helped me is GABA (gamma-amino butyric acid). When I take GABA I have an extremely deep sleep and feel fit and energized all day. Although standing up itself is hard, once i'm awake im full of power. I can recommend it. Just google it, doesn't cost much either.

AgainstAllOdds

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
647%
Dec 26, 2014
Chicago, IL
But in my case I think I know what it is: lack of sleep, I sleep around five hours per day. I tried to sleep more, but I barely have free time, so if I sleep, I don't do all the stuff.

Lack of sleep = being less productive = less output

You definitely have time for sleep. You just have to organize your time better. Stop doing bullshit work, outsource that. And cut out killing time for an extra 2-3 hours of sleep.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.