The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Tim Sykes $5,000,000 Miami Mansion

DrunkFish

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
151%
Mar 25, 2015
Missouri
Hey Man

Law 27 - Step 1 "Keep it vague, keep it simple": Your initiail speeches,coversations and interviews must include two elements. 1. The promise of something great and trandformative and 2) total vagueness
Step 2 "You need to amuse the board and awrn off the cynics": The best way to do this is through theater, or other devices of its kind. Surround yourself with luxury, dazzel your followers with visual splender.
Step 3 "Borrow the forms of organised religion to structure the group": (This not so much)
Step 4 "Disguise your source of income": Never reveal that your wealth actually comes from your followers pockets, instead make it seem to come from the truth of your methods. (Eg: 7500 students @ $5000 = 37.5mil, as a rough estimate)
Step 5: "Set up an us Vs them dynamic" : (this also maybe not so much)

Also i won't get into them but Laws 6, 30 & 37 i also found relevant.

What do you think?
I think #5 is pretty relevant. He tries to get people on the 'pennystock' team, always saying that people say that you can't make money with pennystocks and they're too risky! But I did it, and you can too! Don't believe them!

See what I mean?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

bringitnow28329

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
Mar 30, 2013
Providence
If literally only a handful of people become rich and or earn consistent profits and then the other 50,000+ people lose consistent profits and ultimately just make Tim Sykes rich, you have to scratch your head and say wtf. At the absolute least he is being very unethical to tell people anybody can become a million from trading penny stocks. While this in theory is true because luck is involved in trading, somebody with a small amount of money has a 0% using the strategy that Tim is teaching which is predominately to short sell penny stocks. These poor people are the ones that are seeking his help and ultimately will fail miserably. Many of the people that did make it big did not use his system and also they started with $100,000+.

His whole shpeel is I turned $12500 into $1.2 million or whatever the amount was, and yet he is telling these people with $500 -2500 that they can do the same. It's a straight up lie. Starting with $10k is not at all the same as a couple thousand. It extremely difficult with so little.

I don't get why people keep using the word "Scheme"

I've never heard of this guy prior to this thread, but from skimming through it... It seems as though what is happening here is similar to what @MJ DeMarco has done, and i don't believe that is a scheme in the slightest bit.

Let me explain:

This guy(Tim) makes lots of money trading stocks. He then begins to sell memberships to a site to help teach people how to do it. Now if someone stumbles upon his site making $3.2k/mo at their slowlane job and decide to give his courses a try, and that person 6 months later starts making $7 -$8k/mo regularly. Then it is not a scheme.

Granted you cannot help everyone! So what i think is that someone who paid for his stuff, didn't get any value from it, then went and bashed him. But! what about the people that did gain value from it? Is it still a scheme to them? I doubt it.

How it is semi-similar to this IMO:

I always knew i wanted to venture into entrepreneurship, worked on a few things, failed, learned. But it wasn't until i read MJ's book that it really stuck out for me what i must do.

I am now about to launch a SaaS business because i put in the action required to get there. SaaS because i am using MJ's "scheme" of CENTS. Oh, i also paid for "INSIDERS" membership, did i or anyone else who has done this get "suckered" into a "scheme". I do not think so.

So please let's stop calling this guy a "schemer" if he is helping some people, then great.

The same way MJ has helped a lot of us through his teachings and knowledge he has learned (WHICH WE PAID FOR, book/INSIDERS etc..) and rightfully so, I believe guys like MJ or Tim should be paid for the work they do to teach others of a better way.

Finally, Take a step back and look at it like this:

People on TFF will call this guy a "schemer" the same as people in Tim's audience will probably refer to MJ. It's like High School Gossip. Usually the ones who don't "Make it" will flock to the other person's group, use their info, fail and then proceed to call both people a "schemer"

if you aren't succeeding with people LITERALLY holding your hand and guiding you through the steps...then...maybe the problem is you?

bringitnow28329

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
Mar 30, 2013
Providence
The problem is that most people are very uninformed and they will buy into Tim Sykes lies and misrepresentations. It makes sense to warn people so maybe they will wisen up and not get scammed considering the person that posted this topic was referencing Tim Sykes mansion which came from the money he made from selling alerts and DVD's. If Tim Sykes had earned enough to purchase the mansion from trading profits then that's fine but he hasn't earned $5 million, especially after taxes, more like $3 million. If he wants to sell a system of how to start a trading alert service and make $8-10 million in profits a year then that's a different story since that is something Tim has actually done, but he is misrepresenting what is actually possible from trading penny stocks.

Kingmaker

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
337%
Jan 26, 2013
San Diego
Tim is where he is because he is a Lion.
Lmao.

Do some research on the guy, he's a snake oil salesman using deceptive marketing.

The lion does not concern himself with the opinion of the sheep.

With that logic the forum's hero should be Bernie Madoff since he made the most money while "not concerning himself with the opinion" of people he defrauded.

Last edited:

bringitnow28329

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
Mar 30, 2013
Providence
Lol bingo Kingmaker

Lmao.

Do some research on the guy, he's a snake oil salesman using deceptive marketing.

With that logic the forum's hero should be Bernie Madoff since he made the most money while "not concerning himself with the opinion" of people he defrauded.

Ubermensch

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
Jul 7, 2008
Chicago
lulz

@Cyriex

Look, brother.

Tim Sykes.

Your favorite guy.

LOL.

I am literally laughing so hard right now that my stomach hurts, because of how mad I know you get when someone starts blabbin' about Tim Sykes.

You guys don't understand.

Before I left the $1,000,000 challenge... or, as @IceCreamKid would term it - "the unbelievably and notoriously irrelevant dick-measuring contest, starring the biggest douchebag in the world (@Ubermensch )... I had the pleasure of witnessing an epic Cyriex rant against one of the joiners of the group.

A rant against Tim Sykes.

A rant against human gullibility.

HAHAHA.

Oh, man. Laughing so hard right now.

A rant against how people can be so stupid, to think that a real hedge fund manager did penny stocks for a few years.

Rants that could convince you that Tim Sykes is really just a retarded robot built by Jordan Belfort's little brother.

Rants that would make you understand why I am so entertained by this thread.

Surprised Timmy boy hasn't started an MLM, honestly.

Seriously, who advises D-List celebrities on their business strategies these days?

D

Deleted35442

lulz

@Cyriex

Look, brother.

Tim Sykes.

Your favorite guy.

LOL.

I am literally laughing so hard right now that my stomach hurts, because of how mad I know you get when someone starts blabbin' about Tim Sykes.

You guys don't understand.

Before I left the $1,000,000 challenge... or, as @IceCreamKid would term it - "the unbelievably and notoriously irrelevant dick-measuring contest, starring the biggest douchebag in the world (@Ubermensch )... I had the pleasure of witnessing an epic Cyriex rant against one of the joiners of the group.

A rant against Tim Sykes.

A rant against human gullibility.

HAHAHA.

Oh, man. Laughing so hard right now.

A rant against how people can be so stupid, to think that a real hedge fund manager did penny stocks for a few years.

Rants that could convince you that Tim Sykes is really just a retarded robot built by Jordan Belfort's little brother.

Rants that would make you understand why I am so entertained by this thread.

Surprised Timmy boy hasn't started an MLM, honestly.

Seriously, who advises D-List celebrities on their business strategies these days?
Man, right? These guys glorifying Sykes haven't got a clue. The guy destroyed his hedge fund that he penned "Cilantro Fund", his whole claim to fame rests on him making $1.65 mil in change from his Bat Mitzvah trading penny stocks. If anyone knows anything about trading, they'd know penny stocks are far more art than they are science and I'd happily endeavor to find anyone who could prove me wrong on this. This article on them alone should deter you: http://www.investopedia.com/articles/03/050803.asp

He sells "tips" to his subscribers, he then pumps and dumps on those "tips". Yes, it's easy to get wet over the Sykes illusion. But then again, if you're the kind of guy impressionable enough to buy his shit based off him walking through a mansion full of hot paid actresses pretending they trade penny stocks, then you're just having a laugh. Seriously, when you guys sign up for those "Free Penny Stock Tips" do you think these people are just benevolent internet randos that give a F*ck about you?

Here's a guy probably none of you ever heard of that has hundreds of millions of dollars that doesn't have to act like a spazz on YouTube to sustain his fortune unlike guys like Sykes or Lopez. He used penny stocks essentially by loaning companies money that would in return sell him discounted stock that he could flip to the market. No strategy really. He went used the proceeds of this to start his next gig in Manhattan. http://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...ason-made-millions-from-penny-stock-financing

Sykes is a F*cking clown. He's just as bad as these MLM "Vector Marketing" idiots. I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up on an episode of 'American Greed'. If anyone is still convinced they like him after what I wrote, just look at his idiotic drivel he wrote on LSO. http://www.timothysykes.com/2008/12...-pathetic-than-randall-lane-doubledown-media/ & http://www.timothysykes.com/2008/09/dear-leveraged-sellout-im-youonly-betterbitch/

When I have enough F*ck you money someday I'd love to troll him by betting on the other side of his "stock tips". Here's a site somebody made on him for extra lels. http://thetimsykesscam.com/

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
D

Deleted35442

Did you even read this? It's advocates for, not against. In other words, that site implicates you as just another member of the hater brigade. What's that called, proactive SEO? LOL.
Nope, gotta admit, I just read "timothysykesscam" and was hardly surprised by it. We all wish we had the time you have MJ. Stand by every word I said.

@MJ DeMarco You ever watch CNBC's American Greed? Would you simply dismiss me as a hater of these guys before you found out that they were all conmen douches like Sykes? I'm a member of the realist brigade. Put your money where your mouth is, if I'm such a hater, and he's such a master trading savant, go put some serious cash on some of his "stock tips" bro. Let me know how things pan out.

Update: Lels. http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Timot...nny-Stock-Millionaire-Program-by-Tim-S-714404

http://oldsite.cameronnewland.com/tim-sykes-is-an-idiot/

Last edited by a moderator:
G

GuestUser450

We all wish we had the time you have MJ.
A reply to you but suitable for all:
You'd have more time if you kept your eye on the work instead of righting wrongs to feel better about your perspective. No one needs to be wrong for you to be right; make your own game.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
We all wish we had the time you have MJ.

MJ just sits around all day in his smoking robe, with his pipe that his maids fill, waiting for someone here at the forum to tag him. A little pop up notification rings a bell, and he runs over from his easy chair to his touch screen mirror computer, and his butler reads him the post while MJ reloads his brandy snifter.

@MJ DeMarco are you any closer to allowing individual posts to be sent to the landfill?

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
You'd have more time if you kept your eye on the work instead of righting wrongs to feel better about your perspective. No one needs to be wrong for you to be right; make your own game.

You might be my new BFF.

jon.a

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
329%
Sep 29, 2012
Near San Diego
MJ just sits around all day in his smoking robe, with his pipe that his maids fill, waiting for someone here at the forum to tag him. A little pop up notification rings a bell, and he runs over from his easy chair to his touch screen mirror computer, and his butler reads him the post while MJ reloads his brandy snifter.

@MJ DeMarco are you any closer to allowing individual posts to be sent to the landfill?
Or threads marked as ignore?

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
Or threads marked as ignore?

As a mod, I have a self imposed torture of not ignoring people or posts.

Well, let me rephrase. I ignore plenty of posters, but not by using the ignore feature.

D

Deleted35442

All I do is put my time into work. When I said "time" I was referring to free time. It's why I skimmed the homepage of that Skyes website, it's why I haven't updated my thread here for months trying to help people for free with investing advice that's actually useful. My company is in the green and I'm on a plane constantly now. I made my "own game" What's your "game", champ?

@Vigilante That's funny. But not that far from the truth, is it?

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
All I do is put my time into work. When I said "time" I was referring to free time. It's why I skimmed the homepage of that Skyes website, it's why I haven't updated my thread here for months trying to help people with free and investing advice that's actually useful. My company is in the green and I'm on a plane constantly now. I made my "own game" What's your "game", champ?

@Vigilante That's funny. But not that far from the truth, is it?

Na. He's one of the most down to earth guys there is. The fact that he doesn't have to work traditionally (neither do I) doesn't mean he doesn't work. He's in the final throws of the next best seller. He always has two or three things going on at the same time, spends a lot of time here on the forum (and on other similar interests) and spends very little time with his feet up eating bon bons.

G

GuestUser450

All I do is put my time into work. When I said "time" I was referring to free time. It's why I skimmed the homepage of that Skyes website, it's why I haven't updated my thread here for months trying to help people with free and investing advice that's actually useful. My company is in the green and I'm on a plane constantly now. I made my "own game" What's your "game", champ?

Ah. Well, in case you're not being facetious: I'm not challenging your intent or progress, only pointing out there's an unlimited supply of crooks and liars. The fact that you feel they might be winning proves they're better at appearances than value, and consequently, can be ignored entirely. It's not zero-sum. They don't matter. My point was that time is king - you seem to agree. Awesome.

Yussef

Knowledge Recycler
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
76%
Jan 30, 2012
um....no....no it isn't.
Tristo totally off topic but if I had to visualize what a young mathematician would look like, he would look a lot like your profile picture.

Maybe that's not a compliment...but honest.

Yussef

Knowledge Recycler
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
76%
Jan 30, 2012
I agree with you and you're right, i wasn't discrediting anything MJ has done. I was just stating that everyone is so concerned about who is "scheming" When they should just be concerned about making their own goals a reality. I just took the time to post to hopefully have one person read it and think "He's right, i really shouldn't give a F*ck about tim and his site"

i also just want to see people succeed and stop worrying about judging other people. Besides here's an awesome and very true quote: "The lion does not concern himself with the opinion of the sheep"

Anyone who is not already in a place of comfortability, or in a place right before comfortability (the launching pad) shouldn't be roaming around passing judgement on people.

I hope everyone here see's success and finds their path.

My timeline:
Nov 2014 - failed venture #1
June 2015 - failed venture #2
Sep 2015 - Read TMFL
Nov 2015 - Got cooking on a idea
Currently - less than a month out from launch of a SaaS. (On that previously mentioned launching pad)

Less than 6 months.

All that i was trying to state was, i hope people realize the problem with critiquing others and just instead focus on their own goals and plans and make shit happen.

When it comes to money every man should be second guessed regardless of what they profess morally.

My point.

We know that most politicians lie at some point yet millions still elect them to office hoping to benefit in some personal regard .

It's also no secret that 99.9% of MLMs are fraudulent, yet many to this day still make 100s of millions from somebody's pockets.

These people have mastered the art of feeding into our greed, bigotry and self centeredness. That's how they convince millions to abandon reason and logic.

Schemes, scams and frauds usually don't become an issue until someone at the bottom didn't get what they expected...then there is an issue.

In this race to the top, building up your immunity to failure can get frustrating. But make sure that frustration is not misdirected towards someone just because they got there before you cracked the code yourself.

I doubt that if many (non-wealthy forum members ..me included) had a grey hat, clear path to 5 million dollars that they would not take it if it presented itself. I could be wrong . Only you know the real answer.

The real question you need to ask yourself is, are you upset with guys like this Tim dude because he is a scumbag or...because you didn't figure out how to do what he did first?

Just a thought. Keep it moving.

Last edited:

eekern

BOBA
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
220%
Jul 21, 2015
Norway
We all should take notes of why this douche has reached the level he has, and those lessons does not come from what he teach but what he does...

It is kind of sad that people reach fastlane by selling horseshit and call it medicine but that is our world, he notice a need for a quick rich demand and he is taking advantage of it

Tristo

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
80%
Mar 9, 2016
Sydney
Tristo totally off topic but if I had to visualize what a young mathematician would look like, he would look a lot like your profile picture.

Maybe that's not a compliment...but honest.

Haha thanks.....i think??....... I think i need some glasses then i'd be like super math wiz! lol

Ubermensch

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
Jul 7, 2008
Chicago
Did you even read this? It's advocates for, not against. In other words, that site implicates you as just another member of the hater brigade. What's that called, proactive SEO? LOL.

Too bad you banned Cyriex (aka Trevor).

Although he was very annoying - and I ultimately see why you did it - I enjoyed the reactions he inspired, particularly from you and @Vigilante

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
Too bad you banned Cyriex (aka Trevor).

Although he was very annoying - and I ultimately see why you did it - I enjoyed the reactions he inspired, particularly from you and @Vigilante

I don't even remember who you are talking about.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

GMSI7D

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
Jan 27, 2016
Lyon, France

MJ DeMarco is the flight director of the millionaire shutle

so, yes he sits all day long in his robe to check the flight.

" millionaire shuttle 13, this is Phoenix control room, how are you doing ?"

" Phoenix, we have a problem "

RussRussman18

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
120%
Jul 8, 2016
Louisiana

lmfao

"A truly uninspiring tale"
By Sarah Kirkland on September 21, 2007
Format: Paperback
I bought and read Timothy Sykes book, and i'm extremely disappointed. I was hoping to read an inspiring tale of growth, and it was the exact opposite. It really seems like Timothy has regressed over time. I was really shocked to read that he took such a big hit on a single penny stock, a rookie error if you ask me. But this is someone who supposedly had years of experience with trading, so I don't understand why Timothy showed such poor judgement.

Lionhearted

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
267%
May 29, 2012
Killeen Texas
Thank you for clearing that up. I was not trying to spread rumors, I was just alluding to what I saw. It is true that 30k/m plus lambo and 5m house does not equal money in the bank.
Could represent I lot of personal debt too....Those are items I would buy as MJ stated when I could pay cash for them and not sweat it. Invest, invest, invest!

LuckyPup

Opportunity + Preparation = Success
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
160%
Aug 2, 2012
Midwest USA

This is not to debate whether penny stocks/trading is fast lane or not.

But he seems to be living life the way he wants.

Something we should all aspire to
Seems to me that anybody who creates a video promoting his "lifestyle," makes his money (if he makes it at all) selling get-rich-quick info, not doing the thing he says made him rich. As far as his house goes, it reminds me of the way Tom Hanks' character, Josh the man-child, furnished his loft in the movie Big. It's an adolescent ostensibly living an adolescent's dream and selling that dream to other adolescents. To me, this is the lowest kind of marketing, but that's just me.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.