The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Investing for Playboys | Portfolios at 100k/1M+ | Weekly Updates

Anything related to investing, including crypto
D

Deleted35442

I've observed a lot of interest yet confusion about investing overall on this forum so wrote this. Obviously there is much that can be written on this subject matter which is why I'll be updating it weekly based on responses/interest. This thread is intended to be a starting point for serious investors. What you invest in is your call in the end and obviously I encourage you to do your own due diligence. This is intended for people that have at least $100K to start (elaboration: I rec this as a starting point, you can start with as much or as little as you please). I rec this simply because this is a forum for creating your own wealth through a Fastlane business, so you should be re-investing into your own business unless you intend to be the next Timothy Sykes (Context: Guy turns ~$13K into $1.65MM, started hedge fund called Cilantro Fund Partners, blew said hedge fund up, now turned guru selling penny stock advice). This is more geared toward the preservation of wealth once you make it. Below is an index of talking points. Read some or all. Let's get started.

1. Investing Platforms (based on experience).
  2. Stock Selection & Valuation (a tutorial)
  3. ETFs and REITs (learn to love these)
  4. Bonds Overview (are awesome, kept brief)
  5. Forex/Currencies Overview (brief)
  6. My thoughts on Oil, Deposit Rates, and Geopolitical Risk
  7. Recommended Reading & Resources

1. Investing Platforms

Beginner: This is where you start if you cannot build or understand a three-statement financial model and HERE is where you go if you want to learn. This is where you start if you don't know of or never looked at a 10k. This is where you start if you trade based on what Marketwatch or Motley Fool tells you. Below are recommended trading platforms in lieu of a traditional trading account (Edge, Ameritrade, E-Trade, etc):

Motif Investing: A community-based investing platform. You invest alongside peers in an online community that creates industry-segregated themes known as "motifs". For example, say you want to purchase in Chinese Internet companies, by buying into one motif, you can have exposure to up to 30 companies (30 stocks) per motif at $9.95 per as of writing. Love the platform/concept.
https://www.motifinvesting.com/
Wealthfront: Well-known and gaining a lot of traction. Low-cost and optimized for tax-efficiency. They use ETFs that track indexes for all major asset classes in their portfolios. New and noteworthy.
https://www.wealthfront.com/
Betterment: They're similar to Wealthfront. Low cost like Wealthfront. Both worth a look if you want your portfolios on auto-pilot. If you want to learn to trade, keep reading or start with Motif.
https://www.betterment.com/

Advanced: This is where you start if you already know it all yet don't know the below brokers (best IMO) or are learning or want to learn to trade on your own in either stocks, bonds, or FX and want more sophisticated options to trade on. These accounts generally start at $10K just to fund them.

Lightspeed Trading: One of the best damn brokers/platforms out there. These guys are on top of their game and always improving their platform. Charting, multi-threading, customizeable w/ APIs, etc.
https://www.lightspeed.com
Interactive Brokers: As competitive as Lightspeed. Tons of fancy awards I see on their website. Low-cost. Like Lightspeed, great for smaller volume (less than 1m shares a month), taking liquidity and using smart orders.
https://www.interactivebrokers.com/en/home.php
MTS Markets: Where you trade bonds. Relatively new trading bonds over an e-Platform but Basel-III cap requirements gave rise to it recently.
http://www.mtsmarkets.com/MTS-US
FXCM: Where you trade Forex. FXCM is regarded as one of the most reliable dealers in Forex with a solid and tested platform selection. Solid trade execution. Commissions are measured in "pips" and can be as low 0.2 pips in liquid trading pairs such as USD/CHEF, EUR/USD, and USD/JPY. 50:1 leverage.
https://www.fxcm.com/
Instaforex: The Asian broker I made $70K with then lost $40K with. Instaforex can trade on 1:1 to 1000:1 where investing a mere $1000 on the latter amplifies your position to $1,000,000. I liked the platform when I did use it years ago. US citizens can't use this broker.
https://www.instaforex.com/

2. Stock Selection & Valuation

Here's how you value a stock in a nutshell. I'm going to assume nobody here has access to Bloomberg, FactSet, or Capital IQ. Fret not, there are other ways. Stocks tell a story. And nothing archives these stories better than the form of SEC filings. We want to start with the history of the company and get access to the IPO. Type in a ticker and find the 424 (also known as a prospectus)

These are long. Very long. But you'll get a snapshot of the company though. Go over this as the takeaways you want are key metrics used to measure success within the company. Let's think of a Tech company like Twitter. What kind of metrics do they use to measure themselves? Perhaps things like the growth of users, measuring the activity of those users (daily/monthly), likes, comments, and mobile vs. desktop views, etc.You'll get a good foundation here and condense most of this to the basics. You want to know user growth, the activity of users, and how they're being monetized. There are obviously exceptions, scrutinizing any company there's likely to be more than these three examples.

How does Twitter deliver value to its advertisers (relevance, reach, engagement and social context)? As you get to the end of the section they give you a sample of risks. Potential negatives being anything from being unable to monetize for advertisers, dwindling user engagement or user growth, etc. It might also highlight the interests of founders, especially a controlling interest.

Now that we know the basics, what's driving revenue? Search for measurements of these main themes in the filing. You're looking for user activity and user growth numbers which should be included in the filing (page 59) under management's discussion and analysis where you can further analyze. Now you can export this information into Excel to track such as Monthly Active Users, Daily Active Users, and Tweets Per Day. Note, this isn't the same for all companies. If we were discussing Apple for instance you'd be breaking out line items by revenue (Mac Air, iPhone, etc). Once we get our metrics, we can also track performance by geography as well which is extremely relevant to promoted tweets. Looking at revenue in F-46, we can quickly surmise that the US is clearly the most saturated market.

So now that we know what is driving revenues, is it actually profitable? Not all stocks that go public are actually profitable. Uber is reportedly losing a lot of money, is valued higher than GM and Ford, and most of the S&P 500 (Lol), yet is being courted as a potential IPO candidate. Guys like Salesforce's Benioff are clearly sick of it. Anyways, back on topic. Now that we understand Twitter's business model, how it grows, and how it generates revenue we want to see how we make cash from it. Tech companies are generally valued off EBITDA (Earnings Before Interest Tax Deprecation Amortization), this varies per sector, some companies are simply valued off sales numbers/rev growth if they aren't profitable.

Now let's turn to Page 78 and look at the quarterly results of operations. We want to know profit margins and seasonality (operating income or EBIT). Twitter is losing money. Uh oh? Should we be concerned? Apparently 68% of tech companies that went public in 2013 were losing money. Adjusted EBITDA for 2012 reads $21MM. We can also observe that revenue is growing faster than operating expenses (promising).

Keep tabs on analyst estimates routinely on sites like Yahoo Finance (Twitters). They give you a free glance at consensus estimates for EPS and Sales so you can easily calculate the Sales and P/E multiples on both LTM and Next Fiscal Year basis. Remember, this isn't true for all companies and values by industry. Always check if your industry is valued on other metrics such as P/BV, FCF, etc. At this point we should have a basic understanding of the company and be able to espouse an elevator pitch. Would it perhaps be reasonable to say: Twitter is a $24BN company that is looking to grow its revenue by increased advertising fees through growing their user base and engagement. If the company suffers in user activity levels or is unable to continue growing its user base the stock could drop.

This is a simple example of where to start to wrap your head around the basics of how stocks are selected by investment professionals. If you want to continue with this example, we could continue with this story building out a financial model using the latest 8-K to see what we're dealing with on a quarterly basis. As Twitter is a tech stock, we're provided both GAAP and non-GAAP numbers. The rule of thumb for a tech stock is using non-GAAP numbers because of stock comp expenses. To learn about building a financial model out, continue here.

To clarify things, let this also help serve as a reference point. For a thorough lesson in corporate finance, a link to Investopedia is posted in the end in rec'd reading.

3. ETFs and REITs

ETFs: Exchange Traded Funds are essentially the same concept as "motifs" are to Motif Investing, a bundle of securities that investment professionals select taking the guesswork out. If I had a mutual fund I'd take them out and put them into this. As I said in another post, Vanguard is considered to be the holy church of asset management and have more conservative ETFs based on industry and macro scenarios; their full offerings can be seen here. In addition to lower fees than mutual funds, there are certain tax advantages, as well as how ETFs differ from mutual funds, all of which is explained well here. ETFs obviously differ as well by risk tolerance and its volatility can be measured. Still, there are examples here where low volatility can still generate high payoffs. An easy tool to measure volatility up to 5 ETF tickers at a time can be found here. As I discussed in another thread, these are great investment vehicles as well to capitalize on trends such as the rise of oil, or other industries. If you're bullish on oil for example, here is a list of ETFs to invest in. Learn NAV, more here. Play around and you'll find plenty of good funds to add to your portfolio, some of my favorites happen to be here.

REITs: Let's all agree, that many billionaires/multimillionaires holds/speculates on some real estate. Fortunes are made and sustained on this as well. Yet this isn't always necessary or practical to all situations. Introduce, the REIT. A REIT (in the traditional sense, a property REIT) is simply a company that holds a portfolio of properties. By buying shares in one you essentially 'indirectly' own cash flowing real estate assets. Small fees assessed at a mere 1% are paid for management expenses. REITs are well diversified and invest in assets that require high upfront capital like commercial office space and shopping malls. Most property REITs are general, but some invest specifically in areas of residential, retail, and industrial. Below is a simple diagram illustrating how a property/equity REIT works.

ah000015design1.gif

Without getting too confusing, there are three kinds of REITs, our above example being a property/equity REIT. There are also mortgage REITs and Hybrid REITs. The IRS specifically requires ALL REITs to pay out 90% of their income to their shareholders. Some equity/property REITs to consider.

Mortgage REITs are much different yet commonly associated with property REITs. It helps to be apprehensive when it comes to these as they're known for paying higher dividends but at the expense of higher risk. These REITS operate similar to banks, they borrow money on the cheap, lend it out for more. The difference between what they borrow at and lend out at is called the "spread". To peak the interest of investors, they often use leverage to amplify returns, so watch closely their debt-to-equity ratios rather than simply the dividends that are advertised. Fluctuations in interest rates dig into their bottom line. More on this here with specific REITs.

4. Bonds

Almost everyone thinks to trade stocks first. However, the bond market, namely US Treasury bonds have the most impact on the economy and are used virtually in all financial calculations as a "risk-free rate". Bonds are loans, interest rates are coupons, issuers repay the amount borrowed known as "face value" on a set date (known as the maturity date). Bond markets are generally quite liquid and treasury futures are one of the most liquid markets in the world. Bonds fluctuate in pricing largely in response to interest rates. If the Fed raises rates, bond prices become lower. More on understanding this here. Indexing (S&P 500/DOW) is seen as more "secure" yet from 2000-2010 the total annualized return of the S&P 500 was just under 1.5%. High quality bonds (A grade+) tracked by the Barclays U.S Aggregate index saw bonds grow at just under 6% during this same timeframe (govvie bonds are approx 75% of this index. More on analysis here, here, and a tutorial here. Additionally, you can simply add fixed income ETFs here to gain exposure. Lately, people have been suggesting talk of P2P investments. There's a lot less to go by, simply a brief credit profile of the loan applicant (higher risk, higher interest rate). Here's some good on this and some very interesting reading on the industry here.

5. Forex

Simply put, currency speculation. You're longing/shorting positions in the Forex market against currencies. For example, EUR/USD, you're speculating on the Euro against the USD. People make and lose a lot of money on Forex. I walked away relatively unscathed (short story above). For Forex you are looking at country announcements for metrics. Here are some recent trade ideas as an example that discuss certain events that could influence a significant change in currency fluctuations. Almost all seasoned FX traders are tuned into Bloomberg Economic Calendar which tracks reports that can affect currencies. Just for Friday I see PPI and Retail Sales to be announced. PPI is a metric that observes changes in price 'producers' receive for their products (also considered an inflation indicator). Traders care about Retail Sales because it observes how consumers spend. Almost all countries have central banks and they all peddle fiscal and monetary policy. These are examples of fundamental analysis and you can more in-depth here. "Candlestick charting" and other technical analysis can be viewed here. When you hear of China "devaluing" it's currency it's because they've been able to sell it's holdings back to the market effectively increasing supply. Note here recent events of a weakening dollar in response to further devaluation from China and we may well be on the verge of one of the largest USD margin calls in history.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted35442

6. My thoughts on...

Oil: I feel strongly that the Saudi pivot is underway. Crude is going to go up. More accurately, Saudi production is going to drop. They're the only OPEC members with real elasticity in their production. Everyone else is pretty close to max production and Saudi is the only one who can afford to drop it. I was looking for clarity in the Saudi/Russia relationship and apparently the strengthening relationship goes back quite a few years. No time like the present for a hard pivot. I suspect it will become more public after Iranian sanctions start to melt more quickly. Russia needs $100 oil to meet their budget. Saudi is the only player that has a shot at delivering those prices.The US will continue to try to depress the price as it's their best economic weapon against Russia. Even if Saudi drops production, the US may find other ways to hinder the price. I think the Saudis will drop production, and when this happens, prices will climb significantly.The US continue countermeasures to place downward pressure on prices. How effective these countermeasures are remain to be seen. But I wouldn't be shocked if something like new regulation limiting speculative plays in oil hit the floor of congress. Perhaps they'll be satisfied with countering Russian LNG for Europe. Perhaps it's a fair trade-off. If it were me though, I'd be very unhappy with losing the partner who can manipulate Russia's GDP on demand. If I were them, I would already have a plan in place to be able to maintain this leverage even with the loss of KSA.

Deposit Rates: You don't save. When inflation outpaces savings rate, you don't save. Credit Unions pay the most on checking/savings accounts, though I also walk by a bank here in NYC called Emigrant Bank (known online as My Savings Direct) that offers what it claims is the "highest" savings rate....1.10%. :upyours: Here's "US Inflation" if you're naive enough to believe it, we're actually experiencing inflation at a nominal 72.4%. This may be of interest to @GlobalWealth and wonder if he has looked at international banks hungry for deposits. Look here and you'll see countries like Argentina and Ukraine offering over 20% interest on deposits. Though these countries that have strong inflation, currency fluctuations, and financial instabilities. I still see opportunity though. If I can invest in these banks, I'd look at respected inflation forecasts and compare to my deposit rate.

Geopolitical Risk: The world is in chaos currently. This has upset the markets and you can see it during events like the Russian jet downing or Turkey invading Iraq. The US is staging proxy wars it just can't win. I don't see Assad being ousted from Syria. This "free syrian army" is a joke and is ISIS. Turkey is carrying out it's illegal actions under the protection of NATO. Iraq called on Russia to forcibly remove the Turks from Iraq and on NATO to call on Turkey to leave. Russia has surrounded Turkey. Ergodan is a lunatic and I'm quite sure the recent hostility with Russia is a planned provocation with the US. More doubt has now been removed between the US and Saudi conspiracy that they're operating an oil cartel to spite Russia. Far too many players and interests at work here, US & ISIS & Iraq, ISIS and talks of "nuking", Iraq, pipelines, IMF F*cking Russia. Stocks and futures dropping with the downing of the Russia jet. Stocks rebounding when Russia doesn't escalate with Turkey. I do believe very much so that we could be on the brink of WW3.
isis-map.jpg

7. Recommended Reading & Resources

A Random Walk Down Wall Street by Burton Malkiel. Probably the best book out there on an intro to investing and is very comprehensive. I'd recommend to anybody regardless of experience.
After the Music Stopped by Alan Blinder. A well-written account of what caused the last financial crisis in 2008. Much of what he has written is highly relevant to today's markets even as we are seeing obvious parallels to these same problems.
The Little Book of Hedge Funds by Anthony Scaramucci. Great book that gives you some insight about how the other half invests. Very thorough. Definitely read.
More Money Than God by Sebastian Mallaby. I highly recommend this as well. More on hedge funds but opens your mind to all sorts of new material/strategies. Author definitely did his homework.
Margin of Safety by Seth Klarman. The best modern take on value investing out there today. Good luck finding this in print. I imagine this book graces the bookshelves of many hedge fund managers.

http://www.bloomberg.com/
http://www.zerohedge.com/
http://www.seekingalpha.com/ - Guy starts hedge fund based on his writing here.
http://www.contraryinvestor.com/
http://dealbook.blogs.nytimes.com/
http://oilprice.com/
http://www.economicpopulist.org/
http://www.valuewalk.com/
All BH shareholder letters by Buffet (genius): http://www.berkshirehathaway.com/letters/letters.html
Wall Street types congregate here to discuss all things finance: http://www.wallstreetoasis.com
Real time streaming stock charts for free: http://www.freestockcharts.com/
Obviously http://www.finance.yahoo.com & https://www.google.com/finance
Anything on Investopedia, read through: http://www.investopedia.com/walkthrough/corporate-finance/
Anything uttered by: http://yanisvaroufakis.eu/ - I'd highly recommend watching this video:

Closing Notes: Hope this helps. Happy to answer questions so long as they're not concerning your personal portfolios. I'll update weekly with thoughts on the market/relevant pearls of wisdom. Back to work. ;)

“Diversification is protection against ignorance, it makes little sense for those who know what they’re doing.” – Warren Buffet

theag

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
Jan 19, 2012
Since you quoted Buffet, what do you think about his advice?

Warren Buffet said:
My advice to the trustee couldn't be more simple: Put 10% of the cash in short-term government bonds and 90% in a very low-cost S&P 500 index fund. (I suggest Vanguard's.) I believe the trust's long-term results from this policy will be superior to those attained by most investors — whether pension funds, institutions or individuals — who employ high-fee managers.

See http://www.berkshirehathaway.com/letters/2013ltr.pdf - Page 20

Brian E.

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
86%
May 14, 2015

I've always valued Buffet. Though he does not directly come out and tell his investments, with proper research one can find his style. I read a book on how to invest like Buffet once. I don't have 100k sitting around at the moment, but I do plan on doing a few things once my inheritance is cleared. First, I am investing 5k into my classes to get my business certificaion. I also plan on investing in marketing lessons to learn how to master online marketing and social media. Once that is all cleared, the rest goes to my retirement and my investments . I intend to make it to Millionaire status within two years. But, I've still yet to finish reading Fastlane. I am currently on mindset class with Joe Vitale....I was referred by a member on here to go to mindset seminars, as my mindset was still focused on negative middle class thinking. I've since gone through these classes and am now on the final weeks of them, including the Awakened Millionaire meditation.

Any good advice Cyriex on where I can go to learn all about finance, investing, stocks, and all the like onine at all or book reading?
Always set on improving myself.

Brian E.

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
86%
May 14, 2015
Another important point, Cyriex. I saw you posted on current events. Well, I for one also believe a total revolution is coming. The system must break before we can truly be free. But, here's the issue, too. Many will become broke. If history is any teacher, it will happen again, and only those whom are there can make it...(wealthy). I try to not think of this , as it takes focus away from my intentions of becoming wealthy. Negativity to me makes it harder to go forward. But, yes, it is coming.
Which is why I choose now to focus on this even harder. I live in Ohio currently, and will soon be starting my business. Once I get the training over with and get clients, I will be finally be building something to hold me through those tough times.
That's what it takes..DO IT NOW. DON'T HESITATE. GO FORWARD.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
gold watch (and I am not talking about the precious metal)

D

Deleted35442

Firstly, thanks all for the likes and those for the rep bank contributions. :tiphat:

Buffet is a genius, but as @Brian E. pointed out he's not as forthcoming with all his wisdom. You have to read between the lines and I rec'd the shareholder letters because it was once recommended to me by one of the smartest guys I know that I went to school with that graduated and worked at D.E Shaw. You really get inside Buffet's head. That advice you posted is some of the most conservative advice you could give to an investor but there is truth to it. Here's something my mentor once told me in conversation who is a well known figure on Wall Street, Former Head of a bulge bracket I-Bank's Asset Management division, runs both a HF and Fin-Tech VC, I could go on but won't for obvious reasons. I recall well what he said, and I'll paraphrase/summarize it here:

Think about retirement as young as possible. The earlier you start, the better you'll be later on. He basically said in a 5% return environment and over a long life cycle of retirement, about 15% or less of your retirement income is based on money you put in where 85% is based on how well you invest and compound your savings. The earlier you put it in, the better. He likes index funds. Yes, the transaction and management fees on index investing is far lower when actively managing a portfolio using FI, equities, or mutual funds. A strong empirical argument here is that very active managers beat the index. You have more liquidity in an index fund or ETF and can get out quicker if your views of the market change and has been proven that people cost themselves a tremendous amount of money when they try to time the market. Only invest in what you know, and if you don't know, index. Historically people said "take all your risk when you're young having a portfolio heavily weighted toward equities and more on Fixed Income when you're older as there's less risk. Today though, we're debunking two ideas, the first is people need to stop thinking about capital appreciation over income and start thinking of total return. The second notion debunked is that people should invest aggressively from the beginning. Using sequence of return risks, in most cycles, you'll do better off by starting off investing less aggressively and increasing your aggressiveness in equity as you get older. Do 20% - 30% in stocks in your early years and move it up by 1% per year.

I've always valued Buffet. Though he does not directly come out and tell his investments, with proper research one can find his style. I read a book on how to invest like Buffet once. I don't have 100k sitting around at the moment, but I do plan on doing a few things once my inheritance is cleared. First, I am investing 5k into my classes to get my business certificaion. I also plan on investing in marketing lessons to learn how to master online marketing and social media. Once that is all cleared, the rest goes to my retirement and my investments . I intend to make it to Millionaire status within two years. But, I've still yet to finish reading Fastlane. I am currently on mindset class with Joe Vitale....I was referred by a member on here to go to mindset seminars, as my mindset was still focused on negative middle class thinking. I've since gone through these classes and am now on the final weeks of them, including the Awakened Millionaire meditation.

Any good advice Cyriex on where I can go to learn all about finance, investing, stocks, and all the like onine at all or book reading?
Always set on improving myself.
That's all well and good. By all means focus on your Fastlane biz. I elaborated on the $100K bit. This thread isn't intended to warp the Fastlane community into penny stock traders or aspiring hedge fund managers. It just makes the most sense to start investing at the $100k mark or more since you'll be tying up most of your cash in expanding your business, and rightly so. Personally, I probably won't be actively managing my portfolio again till I hit the $500K mark at a minimum and live passively on 5%-10% returns as I expand my business. If you really want to invest in an education, look to Coursera as you'll get far more ROI, though community sentiment here seems to be you can learn anything on your own which I also agree with. I read a book recently on behavioral economics and it taught me more than my overpriced Ivy League class ever did. But yes, I put a gold mine of knowledge above to learn everything on your own: 7: Recommended Reading & Resources. Click the Investopedia link.

The US and EU has many cases to be made to rebel. In the US. The deck is stacked against us. The game is rigged. It really doesn't matter who wins this coming election (maybe sort of, Trump vs. Hillary). Republicans and democrats are the same. They deal the cards and the deck is always stacked in their favor. Politics simply doesn't matter. See. All these jabs and back-handed insults on the campaign trail are all show for the camera. Corporations hedge their bets among candidates. Then Obama flirting with the idea of further assaulting the second amendment infringing the rights of Americans on the do-not-fly list (its inefficiencies being well-documented).

The euro group rules the lives of Europeans. You have a common currency, and simply dismantling it would set countries back to the 1930s. In its design it's bound to fail. What happened to Greece could happen to Germany. Germany is not in a good state, but it's not like Greece. All the important decisions are made by the euro group. Only the euro group doesn't exist in law. They're largely unchecked as they're an informal group with no written rules. Do people know this? That their country's economies are subjected to a group not formally constituted and there are no written rules. If they knew this, they'd probably rebel.

Thanks Cyriex, the best post I've read on the forum.
Cheers, thanks much man. Stay tuned.

gold watch (and I am not talking about the precious metal)
Ha, thanks much for the confidence.

Brian E.

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
86%
May 14, 2015
Firstly, thanks all for the likes and those for the rep bank contributions. :tiphat:

Buffet is a genius, but as @Brian E. pointed out he's not as forthcoming with all his wisdom. You have to read between the lines and I rec'd the shareholder letters because it was once recommended to me by one of the smartest guys I know that I went to school with that graduated and worked at D.E Shaw. You really get inside Buffet's head. That advice you posted is some of the most conservative advice you could give to an investor but there is truth to it. Here's something my mentor once told me in conversation who is a well known figure on Wall Street, Former Head of a bulge bracket I-Bank's Asset Management division, runs both a HF and Fin-Tech VC, I could go on but won't for obvious reasons. I recall well what he said, and I'll paraphrase/summarize it here:

Think about retirement as young as possible. The earlier you start, the better you'll be later on. He basically said in a 5% return environment and over a long life cycle of retirement, about 15% or less of your retirement income is based on money you put in where 85% is based on how well you invest and compound your savings. The earlier you put it in, the better. He likes index funds. Yes, the transaction and management fees on index investing is far lower when actively managing a portfolio using FI, equities, or mutual funds. A strong empirical argument here is that very active managers beat the index. You have more liquidity in an index fund or ETF and can get out quicker if your views of the market change and has been proven that people cost themselves a tremendous amount of money when they try to time the market. Only invest in what you know, and if you don't know, index. Historically people said "take all your risk when you're young having a portfolio heavily weighted toward equities and more on Fixed Income when you're older as there's less risk. Today though, we're debunking two ideas, the first is people need to stop thinking about capital appreciation over income and start thinking of total return. The second notion debunked is that people should invest aggressively from the beginning. Using sequence of return risks, in most cycles, you'll do better off by starting off investing less aggressively and increasing your aggressiveness in equity as you get older. Do 20% - 30% in stocks in your early years and move it up by 1% per year.

That's all well and good. By all means focus on your Fastlane biz. I elaborated on the $100K bit. This thread isn't intended to warp the Fastlane community into penny stock traders or aspiring hedge fund managers. It just makes the most sense to start investing at the $100k mark or more since you'll be tying up most of your cash in expanding your business, and rightly so. Personally, I probably won't be actively managing my portfolio again till I hit the $500K mark at a minimum and live passively on 5%-10% returns as I expand my business. If you really want to invest in an education, look to Coursera as you'll get far more ROI, though community sentiment here seems to be you can learn anything on your own which I also agree with. I read a book recently on behavioral economics and it taught me more than my overpriced Ivy League class ever did. But yes, I put a gold mine of knowledge above to learn everything on your own: 7: Recommended Reading & Resources. Click the Investopedia link.

The US and EU has many cases to be made to rebel. In the US. The deck is stacked against us. The game is rigged. It really doesn't matter who wins this coming election (maybe sort of, Trump vs. Hillary). Republicans and democrats are the same. They deal the cards and the deck is always stacked in their favor. Politics simply doesn't matter. See. All these jabs and back-handed insults on the campaign trail are all show for the camera. Corporations hedge their bets among candidates. Then Obama flirting with the idea of further assaulting the second amendment infringing the rights of Americans on the do-not-fly list (its inefficiencies being well-documented).

The euro group rules the lives of Europeans. You have a common currency, and simply dismantling it would set countries back to the 1930s. In its design it's bound to fail. What happened to Greece could happen to Germany. Germany is not in a good state, but it's not like Greece. All the important decisions are made by the euro group. Only the euro group doesn't exist in law. They're largely unchecked as they're an informal group with no written rules. Do people know this? That their country's economies are subjected to a group not formally constituted and there are no written rules. If they knew this, they'd probably rebel.

Cheers, thanks much man. Stay tuned.

Ha, thanks much for the confidence.

Had to reply to this part:
Yes, everywhere I look, I keep seeing that the economy will collapse in 2016...which is where my worry was, as I haven't INVESTED ANYTHING yet. Aside from going to college, I have not made the effort, since I was blind from my middle class thinking. There's still an ounce of fear there. No one is perfect...But, the way I see it is it's not going to happen, if at all, right away...this gives me time to take the inheritance left to me, and invest it in something worth it...silver perhaps? Then, once we get out of the slump, cash in. (just possibly spouting here...) Once I hit 100k then I'll deliver on your advice above way above..:)
But yeah, I do plan on being smart with it. I mean, I've already invested in myself with mindset training, and also spiritual training too. I've already set my intentions, so I know where to head off to. (I didn't know that about Germany though....wife was thinking of moving there one day.)

I try not to look at the negatives, and focus only on the positives. I've a meeting with a potential mentor this coming week as well, on Wednesday. I strongly believe I will learn alot from him, as he one of my town's most successful businessmen, with owning a car dealership, selling it off, and then buying out multiple businesses and owning them himself. He started as a poor farm hand, but I know he said he learned the aspect of working hard to get to where we need to go. I'm off to read the Fastlane now, and see what MJ has to say about it all.

Ubermensch

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
Jul 7, 2008
Chicago
6. My thoughts on...

Geopolitical Risk: The world is in chaos currently. This has upset the markets and you can see it during events like the Russian jet downing or Turkey invading Iraq. The US is staging proxy wars it just can't win. I don't see Assad being ousted from Syria. This "free syrian army" is a joke and is ISIS. Turkey is carrying out it's illegal actions under the protection of NATO. Iraq called on Russia to forcibly remove the Turks from Iraq and on NATO to call on Turkey to leave. Russia has surrounded Turkey. Ergodan is a lunatic and I'm quite sure the recent hostility with Russia is a planned provocation with the US. More doubt has now been removed between the US and Saudi conspiracy that they're operating an oil cartel to spite Russia. Far too many players and interests at work here, US & ISIS & Iraq, ISIS and talks of "nuking", Iraq, pipelines, IMF F*cking Russia. Stocks and futures dropping with the downing of the Russia jet. Stocks rebounding when Russia doesn't escalate with Turkey. I do believe very much so that we could be on the brink of WW3.
isis-map.jpg

The way you put it, it sounds as though political issues, governments exercising or seeking power, nations jockeying for position in war (which Von Clausewitz describes simply as "politics by other means") correlates and causes ripple effects throughout the entire global-economic structure.

Crazy talk.

Eskil

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
418%
Jul 18, 2012
Scottsdale, AZ
Dang.. very impressive post on investing +rep

D

Deleted35442

The way you put it, it sounds as though political issues, governments exercising or seeking power, nations jockeying for position in war (which Von Clausewitz describes simply as "politics by other means") correlates and causes ripple effects throughout the entire global-economic structure.

Crazy talk.
You always struck me as well-read @Ubermensch, would be interested to hear your life story sometime. Haven't read too much of Von Clausewitz's work. Someone rec'd I read On War sometime. This is exactly what is happening now though. Creating proxy fights and drawing out larger players like Russia. VERY interesting anti-mainstream article here on Russia's play in Syria. Make no mistake, everything you hear about Russia by Western media makes them appear weak and aloof. I have two videos which would completely blow your mind and redefine your perspective, first here, second here. Everything happening overseas causes huge ripple effects to our economy. All the economic sanctions with more being drawn up against Russia as we speak? The oil agenda the US and the Saudis have against Russia? It's not looking good.
Awesome posts, Cyriex.
Thanks much man, stay tuned.
Dang.. very impressive post on investing +rep
Cheers, more coming later this week.
Had to reply to this part:
Yes, everywhere I look, I keep seeing that the economy will collapse in 2016...which is where my worry was, as I haven't INVESTED ANYTHING yet. Aside from going to college, I have not made the effort, since I was blind from my middle class thinking. There's still an ounce of fear there. No one is perfect...But, the way I see it is it's not going to happen, if at all, right away...this gives me time to take the inheritance left to me, and invest it in something worth it...silver perhaps? Then, once we get out of the slump, cash in. (just possibly spouting here...) Once I hit 100k then I'll deliver on your advice above way above..:)
But yeah, I do plan on being smart with it. I mean, I've already invested in myself with mindset training, and also spiritual training too. I've already set my intentions, so I know where to head off to. (I didn't know that about Germany though....wife was thinking of moving there one day.)

I try not to look at the negatives, and focus only on the positives. I've a meeting with a potential mentor this coming week as well, on Wednesday. I strongly believe I will learn alot from him, as he one of my town's most successful businessmen, with owning a car dealership, selling it off, and then buying out multiple businesses and owning them himself. He started as a poor farm hand, but I know he said he learned the aspect of working hard to get to where we need to go. I'm off to read the Fastlane now, and see what MJ has to say about it all.
Don't want to go too off-topic here. Invest in yourself before investing in the markets is the takeaway here. It's okay, "middle class" thinking is designed to keep the cattle together. I gave you some framework here. What do YOU think would be good? What would a pitch for silver look like? Good luck with this mentor. The more value you give to his life the more he'll be compelled to give back to you. In these meetings, try to get an idea of his pain points and find a solution. All the best.

Bila

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
188%
Dec 2, 2014
Ontario Canada
If we had gold members, @Cyriex should be one of them.
I dont know much about investing but just the mention of Yanis Varoufakis tells me that you have a deep sense of analysis and gives you a lot of credibility . Thread watched

Brian E.

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
86%
May 14, 2015
Cyr, I am investing in myself. The first thing I did was invest in some mind training classes, to change my mindset. Now, not to say I also invested in another class too.I am thinking of investing in some coaching too. i need to find the right combo to the combination lock. I've heard that the Rich Dad coaching program is a good start. Im marking this thread as it will come in handy soon. As for silver, not sure how much to invest in. And the mentor, thanks. I didn't quite know how I was going to offer him help with his needs in order to get mine met..Now I have a few ideas.

D

Deleted35442

BRIEF UPDATES: 12/09 to Now

• I don't know where you side with the whole Martin Shrekli debacle, but it's awfully convenient as he acknowledges that his arrest follows the raise of the drug price which I believe he's able to coherently justify here. Like almost all things in the US economy, we live in a "gimme now" culture. Nobody cares Martin just bought the drug for $55 million, nobody cares the drug is manufactured at a loss, and nobody cares as he points out that larger companies such as Merck do this all the time. To add insult to injury, he's ousted from a company going bankrupt that he SAVED.
  • Russia is coming out swinging in the oil arena. They're now the biggest exporter of crude to China. It's important to note additionally, that one of Russia's key gas companies, Gazprom does business everywhere and does a lot of business with the EU and China. They're now settling debts in the yuan dollar challenging a falling petrodollar. More here. Something to keep a watch on. A lot interesting happening in Forex.
  • I don't want to get too political here. But under our President we have seen possibly the two worst unconstitutional bills succeed in congress. Here is the latest on CISA, and don't forget this F*ckup. Make no mistake, a lot is riding on this election and Hillary is a blatant liar who is trying to rally support from women to make her case. Trump is our best hope and would be best on monetary policy. The problem here is we're fed lies daily. You don't see how bad the economy actually is till it swiftly and suddenly falls apart. Tyler covers this all succinctly here.
After the Holidays I'm going to do a writeup of intelligently investing minimizing taxes as this is definitely not talked about as much and important early on. Stay tuned.

If we had gold members, @Cyriex should be one of them.
I dont know much about investing but just the mention of Yanis Varoufakis tells me that you have a deep sense of analysis and gives you a lot of credibility . Thread watched
Ha, cheers. Two people Gold watching this now. Appreciated. Yanis has amazing foresight and was the best thing that ever could have happened to Greece. It is absolutely shameful what they have done after his resignation and fought him on ridiculously reasonable measures he had. For example, all these rich Greek oligarchs he was able to find they were tax cheats through an inexpensive algorithm they implemented to cross examine tax returns with money transfer history. It could have got Greece millions, but no, more taxes on small business, more austerity, the whole country up for grabs to pay their debts.

Cyr, I am investing in myself. The first thing I did was invest in some mind training classes, to change my mindset. Now, not to say I also invested in another class too.I am thinking of investing in some coaching too. i need to find the right combo to the combination lock. I've heard that the Rich Dad coaching program is a good start. Im marking this thread as it will come in handy soon. As for silver, not sure how much to invest in. And the mentor, thanks. I didn't quite know how I was going to offer him help with his needs in order to get mine met..Now I have a few ideas.
You should start another thread on this. Not quite the place for this topic. I'll keep this brief to respond though. Don't pay a dime for coaching. If you read TMF you'd know @MJ DeMarco & most here are against this. Focus on the mentor, pain-points. But give me a pitch on Silver, why Silver and why now?

Brian E.

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
86%
May 14, 2015
First off, I merely mentioned coaching on this topic because you said invest in myself...and I am developing a coaching business. I want to help others succeed. Second, why silver and why now? Well, here would be my 30 second commercial....
Let me tell you something amazing. Something that will shock your life. What is the biggest investment you can make right now, with little money starting off that can grow your net worth? (pause for a second to wait for audience response)...Stocks was it? Well, that is one answer, but not THE ANSWER. I am talking about silver. Why silver? Silver is the best investment because it is used in almost every technical aspect of our lives, from computers, to cars, to televisions..Technology is fueled by the silver industry, and there WILL always be a need for it, but supply worldwide is limited at this moment....so as years go forward, it's value increases until you sit on a landmine full of wealth. It's slow growing, but Rome wasn't built in a day, so invest now, and we'll see you at the top. (ok, so it's a little over the top, but the message delivers.) There's always a need for silver in society. It's used in clocks, watch batteries, watches, radios, and other electronical devices, and our future is headed to the age of technology....so there will always be a need for it. Gold is used, but not as high as silver. The gold standard may've been removed, but a new silver standard can exist if one simply invests in silver instead of gold.

redsfaithful

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
255%
Jul 2, 2014
Bexley, OH
Tyler covers this all succinctly here.

That's James Kunstler, not the Zero Hedge owner, and he is a crazy person. But so is the Zero Hedge owner, so it can be hard to tell the difference!

My favorite quote on Zero Hedge:

http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Zero_Hedge

Zero Hedge is a batshit insane Austrian school finance blog run by a pseudonymous founder who posts articles under the name "Tyler Durden," after the character from Fight Club.[wp] It has accurately predicted 200 of the last 2 recessions.

redsfaithful

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
255%
Jul 2, 2014
Bexley, OH
i need to find the right combo to the combination lock. I've heard that the Rich Dad coaching program is a good start.

Unfortunately, you sound like a mark. I sincerely hope you don't lose too much money trying to find the secret to starting a business. Everything you need is online or in books you can get for free with a library card.

D

Deleted35442

That's James Kunstler, not the Zero Hedge owner, and he is a crazy person. But so is the Zero Hedge owner, so it can be hard to tell the difference!

My favorite quote on Zero Hedge:

http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Zero_Hedge

Zero Hedge is a batshit insane Austrian school finance blog run by a pseudonymous founder who posts articles under the name "Tyler Durden," after the character from Fight Club.[wp] It has accurately predicted 200 of the last 2 recessions.
'Tyler' is several people. Trust me, I know. "crazy person" lel. Rationalwiki not so rational. Zerohedge is one of the best news blogs out there on the finance industry and geopolitics. I have buddies that do nothing but trade muni bonds and short slutty little LatAM countries in the millions that read it and know a lot more than yourself. Would appreciate if you'd leave starting business rhetoric to other threads. Think I made it known throughout what I wanted this thread to be about and the relevant category it's in.

redsfaithful

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
255%
Jul 2, 2014
Bexley, OH
I have buddies that do nothing but trade muni bonds and short slutty little LatAM countries in the millions that read it and know a lot more than yourself. Would appreciate if you'd leave starting business rhetoric to other threads. Think I made it known throughout what I wanted this thread to be about and the relevant category it's in.

Whoa, bond traders?? So exotic.

If I see someone begging to get scammed here, I'm going to give a heads up, it's the decent thing to do.

HyperFocus

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
58%
Jan 4, 2016
Amsterdam
The problem I have with this subject is that we dont know sh*t.

Very interesting points, nice deep analysis.

My feeling is that the US is responsible for the low oil price and that oil might not recover completely especially not if the crisis is coming this year.
I still bought oil at 29$, buy and hold.

The point of ww3 based on IS I think is ridiculous.

I enjoyed the read. Please post more whenever you have time. I like the knowledge.

TJH

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
86%
Jan 28, 2012
You make good points. Regarding inflation, I don't see too much of it at a personal level, but I can see how some struggle - house prices in my area are up by a high single digit. I do think the US government's inflation metric is somewhat accurate, but the harmful parts are multi-year compounding of inflation and how much the number changes when a government chooses to change the inputs used for calculating the metric.

I signed up for Motif Investing, based on your post.

D

Deleted35442

So. Updates. Firstly, you've likely noticed I don't post weekly updates. Hopefully someone can change this to monthly updates. Business has picked up fast, faster than expected. I'll post what I can when I can. I've got a doomsday economic outlook on things. @Vigilante scolded me for discussing Politics, though more specifically American Politics. This thread has largely been about Politics for key reasons: Politics sort of, maybe, kind of, affects the say of monetary policy. Frankly, you can't get off talking about Oil, Geopolitical Risk, or the FED without discussing some facet of Politics. It's a disservice to the community to allow people to openly discuss investing without sharing politics. I was fortunate to attend a Value Investing Congress conference, and a Tiger 21 conference with my mentor, a very public face on Wall Street that gloriously shitlorded his way through the 08 financial crisis. My business clientele and those that attend these conferences have something in common: they have 8-9-10 figure net worths and always discuss politics when they discuss money, you don't talk about investing without talking politics. But we'll try. :yawn: Moving on.

I think something...Bad is going to happen. We're already seeing it. Tomorrow. We may see Puerto Rico completely default tomorrow unless the US government intervenes. Interesting proposal - seeing as tax recipients here now surpass tax payers. More on this here. We're also now hearing that apparently Venezuela can't even support their steroid QE program for the laughable reason of not being able to AFFORD to pay for the new bills they wish to print. See here. I can't even. Then there's the EU, where their entire banking system is leveraged 26 to 1. See more here. I could continue.

Meanwhile.
20160501_PE1_0.jpg

Here's the downspiraling 12-month consensus earnings expectations in decline as Q1 outlooks suggest anything but all-time highs here...Interesting. Maybe we can start printing earnings too?

20160501_PE2_0.jpg

Meanwhile. Money is flowing out of equity mutual funds and into US equity ETFS, to the tune of a $368 billion increase in the past five years. Gold has been decimating equities by huge margins, seeing an upward of +87% vs. 59% for the S&P 500. Gold is pretty much currency and has been used as currency by civilization for 1000 years+. Buy Gold. And if you have the cash ($1MM+) buy and store your own gold. :cigar:

P.S: Thanks to @OVOvince @Ubermensch @Thiago Machado @Disruptor @axiom @welshmin @Kingmaker and others. Hope this is useful. People pay many of thousands of dollars for this sort of information. I'd like to see this thread evolve as well toward tax strategy, etc. I'd think @GlobalWealth could weigh in here.

Ubermensch

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
Jul 7, 2008
Chicago
P.S: Thanks to @OVOvince @Ubermensch @Thiago Machado @Disruptor @axiom @welshmin @Kingmaker and others. Hope this is useful. People pay many of thousands of dollars for this sort of information. I'd like to see this thread evolve as well toward tax strategy, etc. I'd think @GlobalWealth could weigh in here.

I think @GlobalWealth 's most salient, pertinent and imperative advice and wisdom would be considered "too real" for this forum.

I won't curse this thread with a political discussion.

At the same time, I think the "writing on the wall" scares anyone with a brain, particularly in the USA.

Let's speak hypothetically.

Consider the Master Hustler, who exists in the modern-day USA. Let's say he earns seven, perhaps eight or even nine-figures+ on an annual basis.

So, he's either making $1,000,000 - $9,999,999 per year, $10,000,000 - $99,999,999 per year, or $100,000,000 to $999,999,999 per year.

At the very least, then, he will be paying healthy six-figures in taxes, even after write-offs allowed by the feds.

GlobalWealth should target the millennial guys who are doing numbers like that, and who have mastered the F*cking art of making such levels of income in a "location-independent" fashion.

In other words, the master money-maker makes money, no matter where he's at.

He's an international man of mystery.

He's global.

The advice that makes the most since is to perhaps take advantage of Puerto Ric's Act 20 and Act 22, and pay only a few percentage points in taxes, by legally averting federal, state and local taxes in the USA mainland.

Let's say @OVOvince or @ChasingPaper or @Thiago Machado or @axiom become $ales $uper $tars and start making at least seven figures on an annual basis. Instead of paying hundreds of thousands of dollars in taxes, they could purchase citizenship in Dominica and/or St. Kitts, for around the same amount of money that a seven-figure earner pays in taxes. Once they have citizneship there (process takes less than a year), they can renounce their USA citizenship, live essentially anywhere else they want to live (lots of beaches in the Caribbean and South America, for starters), and use all of the money you earn to make life better for yourself and those you care about.

The most logical thing, to me, is to renounce USA citizenship, after obtaining citizenship in a country that gives you access to 100 different nations.

GlobalWealth

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
225%
Sep 6, 2009
Latvia
I think @GlobalWealth 's most salient, pertinent and imperative advice and wisdom would be considered "too real" for this forum.

I won't curse this thread with a political discussion.

At the same time, I think the "writing on the wall" scares anyone with a brain, particularly in the USA.

Let's speak hypothetically.

Consider the Master Hustler, who exists in the modern-day USA. Let's say he earns seven, perhaps eight or even nine-figures+ on an annual basis.

So, he's either making $1,000,000 - $9,999,999 per year, $10,000,000 - $99,999,999 per year, or $100,000,000 to $999,999,999 per year.

At the very least, then, he will be paying healthy six-figures in taxes, even after write-offs allowed by the feds.

GlobalWealth should target the millennial guys who are doing numbers like that, and who have mastered the F*cking art of making such levels of income in a "location-independent" fashion.

In other words, the master money-maker makes money, no matter where he's at.

He's an international man of mystery.

He's global.

The advice that makes the most since is to perhaps take advantage of Puerto Ric's Act 20 and Act 22, and pay only a few percentage points in taxes, by legally averting federal, state and local taxes in the USA mainland.

Let's say @OVOvince or @ChasingPaper or @Thiago Machado or @axiom become $ales $uper $tars and start making at least seven figures on an annual basis. Instead of paying hundreds of thousands of dollars in taxes, they could purchase citizenship in Dominica and/or St. Kitts, for around the same amount of money that a seven-figure earner pays in taxes. Once they have citizneship there (process takes less than a year), they can renounce their USA citizenship, live essentially anywhere else they want to live (lots of beaches in the Caribbean and South America, for starters), and use all of the money you earn to make life better for yourself and those you care about.

The most logical thing, to me, is to renounce USA citizenship, after obtaining citizenship in a country that gives you access to 100 different nations.

Heheheh. I'm not so mysterious....or wise.

Sent from my SM-G900FD using Tapatalk

GlobalWealth

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
225%
Sep 6, 2009
Latvia
Btw @Ubermensch I have a quite large number of millenial digital nomad clients. They are one of my largest client segments. I am always amazed at the creativity and brilliance in this generation. All the guys in my generation and older that keep saying millenials are the lazy, entitlement generation clearly don't talk to the same ones I do.

Sent from my SM-G900FD using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Ubermensch

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
Jul 7, 2008
Chicago
People pay many of thousands of dollars for this sort of information. I'd like to see this thread evolve as well toward tax strategy, etc. I'd think @GlobalWealth could weigh in here.

The wisdom in our minds could save people incredible amounts of time, in terms of fast-tracking their success.

@OVOvince is a perfect example. He will be winning soon. I can tell, and I have some resources to help get him there.

@axiom is also well on his way.

@Cyriex Lol we just need one of the @Thiago Machado or @axiom type guys to show us how to monetize all of this knowledge.

D

Deleted35442

The wisdom in our minds could save people incredible amounts of time, in terms of fast-tracking their success.

@OVOvince is a perfect example. He will be winning soon. I can tell, and I have some resources to help get him there.

@axiom is also well on his way.

@Cyriex Lol we just need one of the @Thiago Machado or @axiom type guys to show us how to monetize all of this knowledge.
Didn't see this till now. Honestly man. Opening up a fund anymore isn't what it used to be. Funds are crashing and burning. If any of you want to cash in on the immense amount of pain going on right now on Wall Street, look into fund liquidation services and pricing illiquid assets in HF side pockets to resell for some sweet commissions. Oh, and coincidentally, without triggering people for being too "political". Hillary Clinton's son-in-law's fund just went boom to the tune of 90% loss of all assets of the entire fund. It's now dead. http://boingboing.net/2016/05/12/chelsea-clintons-husband-shu.html

I much prefer what what I'm doing now with @axiom and @Ubermensch. Make millions on your first company and you're almost automatically bestowed guru status. Then if you want, go open some VC fund. Coaching peoples personal portfolios doesn't much appeal to me. Unless I like you, then we'll talk.

But part of this post I wanted to make an update on a video I think everyone should see made by Bill Ackman to have some idea of investing before turning millions over to a private wealth or asset manager. See:

I also want to share with you some advice from one of the most wealthiest men on planet earth named Li Ka-Shing with a net worth of $31.9B. These guys don't speak out often so when they do you'd do well on absorbing what they have to say if it isn't the usual Wantpreneur "you can do it" pep talk. This is an organized personal finance plan you can immediately start implementing as the cash starts stacking. He advises having five different types of funds. Read on. I highly recommend: http://addicted2success.com/success...-shing-shares-advice-for-young-entrepreneurs/

Meanwhile...In the latest act of 'F*ck you' trade "diplomacy": http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-05-19/china-furious-after-us-launches-trade-war-nuke-522-duty
Meanwhile, 91% of equities "beat estimates" interesting: http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-...street-everyone-gets-trophy-91-beat-estimates
Jim Rogers says we're running on borrowed time: http://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...-probability-of-a-u-s-recession-within-a-year

That's all for now.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!