The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Tim Sykes $5,000,000 Miami Mansion

D

DeletedUser9

This is not to debate whether penny stocks/trading is fast lane or not.

But he seems to be living life the way he wants.

Something we should all aspire to

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
493%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas

Vick

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
485%
Dec 27, 2012
Toronto
Personally I'm not a fan of Tim.

Like Kak said.

I think he's a douche.

NickT41

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
113%
Dec 4, 2013
I've listened to him on Mixergy. He claims to have created a millionaire or two, but he actually makes something like 80% of his money from his membership site. He's a bit like Kiyosaki. And yes, a douche.

Last edited:

eqttrdr

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
55%
Aug 25, 2013
reminds me of "rule the freakin markets" Waxie trendfund scam from years ago..

why does it seem sometimes that its much easier to be successful robbing/scamming people that to actually try and create/do something productive?

Tommy92l

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
74%
Aug 20, 2012
I'm a bit confused. By no means is 30,000 a small sum of money, but to afford that house? As someone else said, he's just making it off of teaching people?

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
493%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
Let's piece this out...

He said he made 30 grand that month... Said it was a good month. Big F*cking deal... He lives in a 5 million dollar "mansion" in Miami. He has an entourage of leech phony friends and hookers that live in his house. He has a yacht and a lambo... He is going to T&C on a whim... He is flat broke.

limitup

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
651%
Dec 30, 2012
San Diego
Thing is, he meant 30k from trading. He makes a SHITLOAD more than that selling trading info. You can watch his interviews on mixergy where he reveals how much he makes selling his courses and what not but it's at least 20x more than 30k a month. The other thing to realize is that Tim is a smart smart guy. The doucheness is all part of his "plan", because that's what his target audience is attracted to - the flaunting of the money, the lambo, the 5 million dollar crib in Miami, all of it ... it's all by design.

Tommy92l

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
74%
Aug 20, 2012
Reminds me so much of the Wolf of Wall street. Dude honestly doesn't seem like a BAD guy.

I've gotta ask though, why do rich people always buy random shit to put in their house with no real meaning other than "Looked cool, bro".

I suppose it's to fill space?

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
493%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
Reminds me so much of the Wolf of Wall street. Dude honestly doesn't seem like a BAD guy.

I've gotta ask though, why do rich people always buy random shit to put in their house with no real meaning other than "Looked cool, bro".

I suppose it's to fill space?

How many rich people do you know that have done this? It sounds like you have noticed this a lot...

What constitutes rich to you?

Tommy92l

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
74%
Aug 20, 2012
I'm not noticing it in a negative way, just something I've... noticed.

Large houses with things that don't seem to fit, random statues with no real significance. Dunno, sort of picked up on it LOL.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
493%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
Tim Sykes, or the image he wants to portray, is nothing like a normal person with a high net worth. You'll just have to trust me on that.

Last edited:

Tommy92l

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
74%
Aug 20, 2012
I thought he was a reptilian

IceCreamKid

With Great Power Comes Great Electricity Bill
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
2,185%
Jun 8, 2010
California
Tim Sykes buys all that random crap as a way of showing "proof" to his target market that his investing strategies work. He wouldn't look nearly as credible as an investor if he was living in his mom's basement.

It's all part of his overall marketing strategy.

Unfortunately his customers don't realize that Mr. Sykes makes the majority of his income from educational courses, not actual investing. Phony.

Most rich people don't buy random useless crap. They invest.

Tommy92l

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
74%
Aug 20, 2012
Is that sort of like being successful, but your only success is being a motivational speaker when you've got no other things to back up your lessons?

chrisbiz4444

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
51%
Aug 9, 2013
RI

This is not to debate whether penny stocks/trading is fast lane or not.

But he seems to be living life the way he wants.

Something we should all aspire to

I must say I do like his message at the end of his video about working hard and obtaining success. Thumbs up for sharing.

House is not that impressive for 5 large. But what can you do. Waterfront property changes everything lol... location location

While I agree this guy can be a little much at times ( Probably marketing), His channel does have some pretty inspiring videos. Now I am not taking about the arrogant videos. I am talking about the travel videos. Tropical islands, vacations, houses ect. It keeps you motivated. You see all the beautiful things you can experience in life with hard-work, dedication and entrepreneurship. Which in my opinion is great.

Last edited:

snowbank

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
226%
Aug 10, 2007
Austin, TX
It's all part of his overall marketing strategy.

this

He is flat broke.

dude, you can't go around accusing people of stuff like this

What a douche.

if you don't like how he markets, it's one thing.

do you know tim? it doesn't sound like you do.

there are not many people who market as blatantly as tim does. THAT is his intention. it's not an accident.

that doesn't mean you have to do it.

tim may be a unique character that turns you off with the way he markets, but he's worked harder than just about anyone in any market that i've heard of, so just running around throwing accusations saying he's broke is really, really rookie shit.

and not true at all.

instead of hating on him because some of his marketing turns you off(which is his marketing angle), you should be spending your time learning about the other 95% that is the reason for his success

nothing is worse than going around spreading rumors about people that you don't have any idea about. if you look at this thread now other people are thinking this is true about him. then they tell other people, etc...

don't do that

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
493%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
@snowbank I put my reasoning for thinking what I thought right in the post. If my analysis isn't true it isn't true. 30k a month isn't a big deal and if that is indeed a good month for him and he is indeed living the life he is flaunting than he is probably broke. I don't know him. I didn't know who he is. I don't care to know him because he acts like a douche.

I'm not "spreading rumors" I interpreted what I saw in the video. I don't care to research the other 95% of this guys life because it isn't worth my time. He may make 70 million dollars a year in that unreasearched 95%. That's great for him.

My hunch... You are the only one who thought I was making a definitive statement.

chrisbiz4444

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
51%
Aug 9, 2013
RI
this

dude, you can't go around accusing people of stuff like this

if you don't like how he markets, it's one thing.

do you know tim? it doesn't sound like you do.

there are not many people who market as blatantly as tim does. THAT is his intention. it's not an accident.

that doesn't mean you have to do it.

tim may be a unique character that turns you off with the way he markets, but he's worked harder than just about anyone in any market that i've heard of, so just running around throwing accusations saying he's broke is really, really rookie shit.

and not true at all.

instead of hating on him because some of his marketing turns you off(which is his marketing angle), you should be spending your time learning about the other 95% that is the reason for his success

nothing is worse than going around spreading rumors about people that you don't have any idea about. if you look at this thread now other people are thinking this is true about him. then they tell other people, etc...

don't do that

Couldn't have said it better.

BTW, I just realized who you are lol. I have been watching your podcast on YouTube for the past couple days. Eye opening stuff. I really got a lot of value from them. Thanks for sharing your knowledge with us still working our way up to the major leagues.

Your style of business is great. Keep up the good work man.

snowbank

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
226%
Aug 10, 2007
Austin, TX
I'm not "spreading rumors"

these are rumors:

He is flat broke.

this is a rumor

He has an entourage of leech phony friends and hookers that live in his house.

this is a rumor

I don't care to research the other 95% of this guys life because it isn't worth my time.

if you're not going to do your due diligence, don't say things you know nothing about

people here are going to falsely assume you know what you're talking about, especially since a lot of people here assume 'speed' and 'rep bank' mean 'must know what they're talking about', and will blindly believe rumors, such as the rumors I quoted above.

don't pull shit like that

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
493%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
It was me taking a step back and looking at the situation he presented to cribs. I don't know the guy nor do I give a shit. Im sorry if I offended you.

Genium

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
87%
Jan 6, 2013
I dont know..

I have met a handful of men that are worth hundreds of millions of dollars. Two are billionaires. Guess what? These guys are down-to-earth, "average" looking, and are genuinely nice guys. Sure, they each have big a$$ houses, exotics parked in their garages, but they dont flaunt it. They have their Toyota that they drive on a daily basis. They wear "normal" clothes. They don't act better than anyone else, actually they are very humble people!
If you bumped into one of these guys at the local grocery store, you'd have no idea they are worth $250,000,000+!!

I just spoke to a gentleman who is worth over a few hundred million, last night. Have to say, one of the most genuinely nice guys I have met. I would've never guessed how much he is worth or what he has done. He spoke to me for 10 minutes despite having a pretty busy schedule, giving me all kinds of awesome "words of wisdom". Not only that, but he is open to meeting with me often and learning more about my new venture and advising! Such a great guy, I am going to nurture that connection.

THESE guys are who I inspire to be. Living the life they imagined, with no intrusion, no lies, no flaunting. Hardworking, genuinely nice, and willing to help others. These men all appear very happy to me.

Mike.B

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
74%
Oct 27, 2011
Ohio
D

DeletedUser394

Isn't the whole point of this racket to put yourself in a position to do whatever you want?

If people want to spend lavishly, it's their business. Not everyone with flashy things are broke. Blanket statements about who 'rich people really are' are just as likely to be false as blanket statements about who rich people are not.

He may very well be a douche, but if he helps people out and makes money at the same time, I thought that was the point. I used to visit his review site (investemonials.. something like that) and he had quite a large community of traders actively engaged. I even got some useful info about which brokers to use.

There's another thread running on here talking about Dan Bilzerian, who to me comes across as a massive douche as well. And there too people are questioning the legitimacy of what he's doing.. it's almost as if people want to cut down the outspoken success stories, as if being humble is the correct way to go about it.

Is anyone doubting Floyd Mayweather's success? The guy is king of the douches. But I respect him nonetheless because he's worked hard for what he has and inspires people all the same.

@snowbank I take it you know him personally?

Last edited by a moderator:

jpa0827

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
178%
Feb 13, 2013
Cleveland, Ohio
Andrew Warner did a mixergy interview with Tim. He does come across as a douche, but as stated it is all about marketing. The interview was interesting, because Andrew calls Tim out on a lot of his marketing tactics and they talk a bit about it all if anyone is interested.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
He is flat broke.

Kak, I can understand how you can draw this conclusion (based on information in the vid) however it is an opinion. I guess I am coming to *his* defense because I'm sure there are similar things said about me on the internet.

MJ is broke.
MJ sold his Lamborghini.
MJ made all his money selling books.
MJ this.
MJ that.
MJ is a 4 time failed network marketer. (LOL!)

The fact is, all of it is fudged facts or mistruths from people who simply don't like my message. So they make up shit about me to make themselves feel better. You see, when you don't like the message (or can't refute them message) you attack the messenger.

IMO, the video is douchey, but yea, that's his marketing strategy and if he made $400/k last month teaching people how to make $30K/mo, good for him. I'm sure there are about 10 million 20 somethings who will watch the video and go "Oh wow!" (like the OP here.). Mission accomplished for Tim.

Thing is, he meant 30k from trading. He makes a SHITLOAD more than that selling trading info.

I mention something about this in TMF .

investemonials.. something like that)

Yea, I thought he owned that site which I thought (by itself) was a nicely presented website.

In conclusion...

For all the newbs out there salivating at the idea of making $30k/mo and living in a $5M house, let me be clear: YOU CANNOT. And if you did, you'd be broke in a year or two. (I think this was what @Kak was alluding to). Just to give you some reference points, when I was making $30K/mo, I was living in a $200K house. I only stepped up into the $1M house when I was routinely making 6 figures monthly. Now, I only pay cash for houses.

So what I'm saying is this: If you want to live in a $5M house, by all means, go for it. However, I seriously hope that you can pay cash for it and not be burdened by the cash outlay. Earning $30K/mo isn't going to cut it. If you can't pay cash, well, you can't afford it. Grow your cash or shrink your ego.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.