The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

Throwing money into trash?

Accelerate wealth. Build a business that pays freedom. Join more than 70,000 entrepreneurs and register for the Fastlane Entrepreneur forum. Remove ads? Join the INSIDERS.

Mhesh

Contributor
Sep 11, 2021
So I wanted to open up a shop in Kenya? So I was waiting for like 1st month and last month rent? Get my merchandise and start business!!
The store owner or agent renting the place, have a key to the shop and to get that you’ll have to pay a GOODWILL OR GRATITUDE! that’s what they called. $20,000-30,000. I was like what? It doesn’t make sense why would I spend that much money on door key; empty store?
did research and seems every idiot out there is actually paying that. Unbelievable could not believe it….. these idiots pay $30k and merchandise another $20-100. Pay rent. Then open shop and pray to God there money comes back!!!!!!! What a bunch of idiots…

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Stargazer

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Millionaire Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
Mar 8, 2018
England
So you are African and have just found out how Africa operates?

A friend of mine flew into Accra, Ghana and the tannoy system proudly declares that bribes are not tolerated. Literally every official was asking for a bribe as this is played on loop. Passport Control, Customs, Police...

Presumably demand for retail space in Kenya - Nairobi, Mombassa rather than some little village, is much much greater than supply or they would not ask and get it.

So you perhaps want to get into development of retail malls or distribution hubs as online takes off in East Africa.

Dan

Last edited:

MJ DeMarco

Administrator
Staff member
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Millionaire Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Jul 23, 2007
Alpine, UT
I can say with almost absolute certainty, that the path between you and your true long term goals is not opening a random shop in Kenya.

He access to the internet, so I would agree with this. Otherwise, I wouldn't be sure.

Mhesh

Contributor
Sep 11, 2021
I can say with almost absolute certainty, that the path between you and your true long term goals is not opening a random shop in Kenya.
@Johnny boy
Family have shops, but yes opening shop is like having all sheeps in one lane selling all sheeps in Africa. That’s how it works all same shit 10,000 stores

Mhesh

Contributor
Sep 11, 2021
So you are African and have just found out how Africa operates?

A friend of mine flew into Accra, Ghana and the tannoy system proudly declares that bribes are not tolerated. Literally every official was asking for a bribe as this is played on loop. Passport Control, Customs, Police...

Presumably demand for retail space in Kenya - Nairobi, Mombassa rather than some little village, is much much greater than supply or they would not ask and get it.

So you perhaps want to get into development of retail malls or distribution hubs as online takes off in East Africa.

Dan
@Stargazer
Yes amAfrican but didn’t just found out not only in Africa but USA??? For bribes! I know that for a fact?? Just calling an ambulance or police in Africa is money?? Prepay!!! Or bribe Using your phone is money???

Mhesh

Contributor
Sep 11, 2021
MJ DeMarco" data-source="post: 969120" class="bbCodeBlock bbCodeBlock--expandable bbCodeBlock--quote js-expandWatch">
He access to the internet, so I would agree with this. Otherwise, I wouldn't be sure.
Internet is evolving, next big thing is Africa. Developing countries east Africa. we are about to launch internet app development company there?? But getting there requires bribes to officials! Paper work bribes crazy, but will get there.

Sponsored Offers

MARKETPLACE  Freelance University: Solve Every Freelance Problem (Especially on Upwork)
FU. 4 DAYS. 50% OFF BLACK FRIDAY SALE! If you're an Upwork freelancer, you'd be a fool not to...
MARKETPLACE  You Are One Call Away From Living Your Dream Life - LightHouse’s Accountability Program ⚡
One year ago, I was just your average software developer who always consumed content about...
MARKETPLACE  For Sale: Food Brand with 4 Years of Happy Customers in a Fast-Growing Niche
So to get certified, it cost a fortune? How much exactly? That sucks that these "health...
MARKETPLACE  Fox Web School "Legend" Group Coaching Program 2021
Fox's Web School helps you learn a specialized skill which you can use to get to Fastlane. It's...
MARKETPLACE  Not sure how to start? This free book will teach you how to build a successful web design business
Hi Fox. Starting the book and got through the introduction. Had a conversation with Andy Black...

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Top Bottom