The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Throwing money into trash?

Mhesh

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
61%
Sep 11, 2021
Seattle
So I wanted to open up a shop in Kenya? So I was waiting for like 1st month and last month rent? Get my merchandise and start business!!
The store owner or agent renting the place, have a key to the shop and to get that you’ll have to pay a GOODWILL OR GRATITUDE! that’s what they called. $20,000-30,000. I was like what? It doesn’t make sense why would I spend that much money on door key; empty store?
did research and seems every idiot out there is actually paying that. Unbelievable could not believe it….. these idiots pay $30k and merchandise another $20-100. Pay rent. Then open shop and pray to God there money comes back!!!!!!! What a bunch of idiots…

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Stargazer

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
184%
Mar 8, 2018
England
So you are African and have just found out how Africa operates?

A friend of mine flew into Accra, Ghana and the tannoy system proudly declares that bribes are not tolerated. Literally every official was asking for a bribe as this is played on loop. Passport Control, Customs, Police...

Presumably demand for retail space in Kenya - Nairobi, Mombassa rather than some little village, is much much greater than supply or they would not ask and get it.

So you perhaps want to get into development of retail malls or distribution hubs as online takes off in East Africa.

Dan

Last edited:

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
I can say with almost absolute certainty, that the path between you and your true long term goals is not opening a random shop in Kenya.

He access to the internet, so I would agree with this. Otherwise, I wouldn't be sure.

Mhesh

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
61%
Sep 11, 2021
Seattle
I can say with almost absolute certainty, that the path between you and your true long term goals is not opening a random shop in Kenya.
@Johnny boy
Family have shops, but yes opening shop is like having all sheeps in one lane selling all sheeps in Africa. That’s how it works all same shit 10,000 stores

Mhesh

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
61%
Sep 11, 2021
Seattle
So you are African and have just found out how Africa operates?

A friend of mine flew into Accra, Ghana and the tannoy system proudly declares that bribes are not tolerated. Literally every official was asking for a bribe as this is played on loop. Passport Control, Customs, Police...

Presumably demand for retail space in Kenya - Nairobi, Mombassa rather than some little village, is much much greater than supply or they would not ask and get it.

So you perhaps want to get into development of retail malls or distribution hubs as online takes off in East Africa.

Dan
@Stargazer
Yes amAfrican but didn’t just found out not only in Africa but USA??? For bribes! I know that for a fact?? Just calling an ambulance or police in Africa is money?? Prepay!!! Or bribe Using your phone is money???

Mhesh

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
61%
Sep 11, 2021
Seattle
He access to the internet, so I would agree with this. Otherwise, I wouldn't be sure.
Internet is evolving, next big thing is Africa. Developing countries east Africa. we are about to launch internet app development company there?? But getting there requires bribes to officials! Paper work bribes crazy, but will get there.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.