The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Question about PayPal, Transferring Money and USA Bank Accounts...

OzzieMan

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
81%
May 29, 2011
Hey guys,

This might go a bit long so please bear with me

I live in Bahrain and I run a few ecommerce stores where my customers pay via Paypal.. so the money gets collected in my Paypal account. The problem is I am not able to transfer large amounts of money from Paypal directly to my Bahrain based bank account.

I mean I CAN transfer from my Paypal account to my bank account but banks in Bahrain have a silly limitation... they allow you to only transfer $500 per transaction. I have a couple thousand dollars in my Paypal account which means I'd have to split it into several transactions. Which is a lot of hassle.

I'm just looking for a way to transfer the money lump sum in one go.

That's when i thought of western union. Actually paypal has a service called Xoom that does just that - it lets your send money anywhere via exchanges such as western union and travelex. So you simply link your paypal account with Xoom and then send money anywhere (including yourself) and get it in cash via WU or similar exchanges. The only caveat is that... Xoom is not available in Bahrain
1f641.png
Its actually not available in many countries.

So that rules out Xoom.

Which leaves me with not too many options.

Yes, I have tried using Wise.com to create a US bank account. But Paypal doesn't accept that anymore. They say you can't connect any virtual bank account.

Someone recommended me to use an app called "Passbook" powered by Remitly. I tried creating an account on Passbook but my application was rejected.

Ultimately, I can pay these US company formation services to setup a LLC company + USA bank account for me and theoretically I should then be able to link it with my Paypal account. From that point onwards, I'll simply transfer all the funds I have in my Paypal account to this USA bank account, link it with Wise.com and then use Wise to transfer to my Bahrain based bank account. My question here is: What about taxes? Will any tax be deducted on the money that I transfer to my USA bank account? Any yearly taxes? We don't have taxes here in Bahrain so i'm a total stranger to this topic.

I'm willing to pay anyone for consultation on these topics if you're an expert with this and can help me out.

Thanks for reading!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

inputchip

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
409%
Mar 26, 2017
www.tmkings.com
Sounds like the easiest solution is to just transfer out of PayPal in $500 increments. If it's only a few thousand dollars it doesn't seem like that much of a hassle. I would stop using Paypal and use a different payment service like Stripe or something similar that works in your country. Stripe will pay out to virtual bank accounts in USD through Wise, but not sure if Stripe is available in your area.

Itizn

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
190%
Sep 25, 2019
Colombia
Idk bout taxes but most countries have a few of their own domestic virtual payment apps. Find one that links up with PayPal (there will be at least one).

Johnny boy

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
629%
May 9, 2017
Washington State
It would've been faster to transfer the money over 4 transactions than to write up your entire post, solve that problem when you're making 10,000 every single day and your thumbs get sore from transferring 20 batches of $500 every single day.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.