The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Thoughts on Tim Ferriss's method of attaining freedom?

Threads with an onging chat or conversation

Trait

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
286%
Jun 22, 2021
Bangladesh
For those who don't know, his method is all about leveraging the value of Dollar against a weaker currency. Ex - Living in Bangladesh (third world Country) and earning in Dollars where around 200k USD will set you up for life.

While this lifestyle is not for everyone due to social and language barriers and it certainly caters to those who want FREEDOM above everything else.

Also this method is extremely useful for those with digital software businesses where they can simply use the low cost of living to take the losses easily.

I myself live in Bangladesh and soon to go to Canada for University, yeah I know its slowlane, but after 4-5 years of working in Canada, I want to come back to my home country and start a software company using the relatively humungous amount of money I got for doing 9-5 there.

Anyone else tried/trying this here?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Johnny boy

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
620%
May 9, 2017
Washington State
When I traveled around for a short time (couple months) in the winter of 2019, I did some work running a web design business and it paid for my trip working a couple hours a day.

But what I’m about to say is much more important.

The idea of that book is also about changing lump sum goals into cash flow goals.

You want to live free and live a life of perpetual Saturday’s? Build an online business bringing you like 4 grand a month and you’re living a high quality life in a warm sunny place.

It’s not about saving up a lump sum

Itizn

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
190%
Sep 25, 2019
Colombia
If your primary objective is to retire in a third world country as fast as possible, TF is probably a good reference for a starting point.

Ing

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Jun 8, 2019
Bavaria
Tom Ferriss ˋ way to make a good life is legit. His tips may not allways be fastlane , but are good hints for broad audience.
And his way is fastlane : writing a good book for a. Road audience!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Black_Dragon43

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
336%
Apr 28, 2017
‍☠️ Eastern Europe
You want to live free and live a life of perpetual Saturday’s? Build an online business bringing you like 4 grand a month and you’re living a high quality life in a warm sunny place.

It’s not about saving up a lump sum
But who wants that dawg, I want ehm big monies, not chump change! It’s the thrill of achievement and success too, not what I’d do with them. I would do nothing with billions, but the satisfaction of having reached that level is sufficient to motivate me. Just like basketball champs like Michael Jordan sacrifice their entire life just so they can become champs… they put it all on the line

Johnny boy

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
620%
May 9, 2017
Washington State
But who wants that dawg, I want ehm big monies, not chump change! It’s the thrill of achievement and success too, not what I’d do with them. I would do nothing with billions, but the satisfaction of having reached that level is sufficient to motivate me. Just like basketball champs like Michael Jordan sacrifice their entire life just so they can become champs… they put it all on the line
If you want to make a lot of money you aren't talking about saving up 200k from a 9-5 and then retiring which is what the guy was talking about. I'm just saying if you want to be "retired" in Thailand you can do it in 1 year instead of 10.

I want to make 'ehm big monies' which is why I'm scaling up my business and living in America. Different goals.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.