The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Thoughts on this website?

Knugs

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
181%
Jan 10, 2016
Is this your site?

Knugs

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
181%
Jan 10, 2016
I don't really get it

I cant honestly imagine anything worse than working with 99 other "founders" that I dont know aynthing about. Choosing and picking the best people is the most difficult and most important aspect of any startup.

Everybody chimes in 20 USD/month and decides on an idea. I suppose they let an agency validate the concept (what a horrendous idea) and then hire a Project manager to develop a MVP (??!?!?!?). I'm not sure if they understand how expensive that can be. Then a marketing agency is hired to validate the MVP.

At this point everybody invests a 1000 USD to create a 100k Startup budget.

I don't see how this could work.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
149%
Oct 20, 2012
I cant honestly imagine anything worse than working with 99 other "founders" that I dont know aynthing about. Choosing and picking the best people is the most difficult and most important aspect of any startup.

Everybody chimes in 20 USD/month and decides on an idea. I suppose they let an agency validate the concept (what a horrendous idea) and then hire a Project manager to develop a MVP (??!?!?!?). I'm not sure if they understand how expensive that can be. Then a marketing agency is hired to validate the MVP.

What are some of the drawbacks?

Besides not wanting 99 partners.

I suppose you'd never own stocks in Google or any other public traded company - because you'd be an owner with 99999999 co-owners / shareholders.

Peal

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
176%
Apr 4, 2020
Western U.S.
The request is for feedback on the site, not the concept. So I will stay within that lane.

Because it is a new idea, your copy should be as descriptive as possible. The FAQ and How It Works sections are clear. I would encourage you to orient the Hero section in the same way. I should know what you're offering and what I'll get out of it as as soon as possible - I care about that way more than the fact that "there are thousands of businesses launching everyday," that tells me nothing.

Good luck!

Knugs

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
181%
Jan 10, 2016
Is it for feedback for the site? I dont know; hence my question: is this the site of @100k?

What are some of the drawbacks?

Besides not wanting 99 partners.

I suppose you'd never own stocks in Google or any other public traded company - because you'd be an owner with 99999999 co-owners / shareholders.

There is a clear difference between a shareholder and a founder, the same way as there is a difference between a well stablished stock vs. startup with no concept. I dont care who the 99999 coshareholders are. I do care who the 99 other founders are.

The concept has a few drawbacks
-I dont know who the other 99 are. Are we passiv/active? Are we all just dumb-money?
-Why do I pay 20 USD/month for being a potential investor?
-I also dont know who the Project manager is/ who develops the product/ who leads the project? Also, I dont want to have a marketing agency. I have no say; absolutely no say at all.
-I dont get to make decisions although I'm a founder = absolutely no control (thats the worst)
-I have no influence over any of the process for example: I will probably disagree with your MVP approach and how you validate the concept based on "How it works"
-I'm absolutely no fan of a democratic process in a Startups. Same way as VCs destroy startups.

From the business point of view
-Its hard to attract 99 customers
-its harder to retain 99 customers who disagree with the democratic decisions and do not continue to invest
-Its going to be incredibly difficult to get 99 people in a LLC (I'm not even sure how it works) Just the sheer volume of communication alone sounds like a nightmare.
-You would need to have a serious startup foundation to understand and be able to lead and run such a startup

Isaac Oh

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
241%
Jun 14, 2017
Berkeley, CA
The posts in this thread is an indicator that it might benefit you to put more text about the benefits and reasoning behind your service. Keep an eye out for what people say here, that's what business owners are gonna be thinking

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
A very bad idea. It’s not that everyone owns only 1%. But that everyone votes.

But who cares about the company formed when everyone gets 1% of profits. Nobody is going to give any good feedback or do any work.

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
149%
Oct 20, 2012
Is it for feedback for the site? I dont know; hence my question: is this the site of @100k?

There is a clear difference between a shareholder and a founder, the same way as there is a difference between a well stablished stock vs. startup with no concept. I dont care who the 99999 coshareholders are. I do care who the 99 other founders are.

The concept has a few drawbacks
-I dont know who the other 99 are. Are we passiv/active? Are we all just dumb-money?
-Why do I pay 20 USD/month for being a potential investor?
-I also dont know who the Project manager is/ who develops the product/ who leads the project? Also, I dont want to have a marketing agency. I have no say; absolutely no say at all.
-I dont get to make decisions although I'm a founder = absolutely no control (thats the worst)
-I have no influence over any of the process for example: I will probably disagree with your MVP approach and how you validate the concept based on "How it works"
-I'm absolutely no fan of a democratic process in a Startups. Same way as VCs destroy startups.

From the business point of view
-Its hard to attract 99 customers
-its harder to retain 99 customers who disagree with the democratic decisions and do not continue to invest
-Its going to be incredibly difficult to get 99 people in a LLC (I'm not even sure how it works) Just the sheer volume of communication alone sounds like a nightmare.
-You would need to have a serious startup foundation to understand and be able to lead and run such a startup

You're right, there is a difference between co-founders and shareholders.

Though in many ways its quite similar.

You'd technically be an activist investor, though you can choose to be more passive - then others would be the ones to make the decision. Just like board members - you have the choice to show up to meetings and give your input, though nobody will force you.

As I explained, you can be dumb money - or you can decide to share your input and be an "activist investor".

You're right, you can't force people stay if they don't like the the democratic decisions being made. That's the beauty of Le Democracy, eh.

They'd be shareholder- that's all I know. Its not that hard to get added to an LLC as a shareholder. The process is pretty straight forward and digital in the UK.

Perhaps, I don't have the startup experience. I'll figure it out as I go.

Thanks for your thoughts.

Gotta speak with a lawyer or two and figure out the best way to issue shares - if people need to be added to company house etc.

I think the other things can be overcome.

Ing

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Jun 8, 2019
Bavaria
The homepageis imo good,
It took me about 1 minute max to get, whats the facts. Thats important to make some one think further.

I d love to be able to create that clear structure.

The idea described may be good for the seller of the shovels.(goldrush...)
About the model I don’t know enough to say about it.

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
149%
Oct 20, 2012
step 1 form a company of 100 digital marketers
step 6 hire a marketing agency

sounds great!

I am from a digital marketing background and most people with online venture experience call themselves digital marketers - I want to people with some experience in starting online ventures -doesn't really matter what type of venture, so long as they know the trials and tribulations, because they'd be the ones to appreciate what's on offer.

Newbies that don't have a clue about how hard it is to build a business with limited capital can keep thinking its super easy and try to go about it on their own. I'm looking for people that have been there, done that, have the t-shirt and hat - and now they want to try something new, because its insane to try the same thing over and over again when you keep getting poopy results.

With regards to digital marketers / online business people hiring /outsourcing the work....

The reasoning behind this is to not cause headaches and get people into hot water.

Imagine if someone within the company is saying they can do an awesome job with Marketing or Copywriting or any other field.

We then leave things in their hands and they fail (For whatever reason).

Everyone in the company is going to resent them for failing.

So in order to keep the peace, all the work will be outsourced to 3rd party agencies and freelancers so that if we are unhappy, the team/members are still cool with each other.

They'll take out their frustrations on the CEO / Project Manger and the 3rd party agencies/freelancers he/she hires.

Last edited:

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
149%
Oct 20, 2012
The request is for feedback on the site, not the concept. So I will stay within that lane.

Because it is a new idea, your copy should be as descriptive as possible. The FAQ and How It Works sections are clear. I would encourage you to orient the Hero section in the same way. I should know what you're offering and what I'll get out of it as as soon as possible - I care about that way more than the fact that "there are thousands of businesses launching everyday," that tells me nothing.

Good luck!

Appreciate it.

I'm gonna cut some of the fat and hire a better site developer.

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
149%
Oct 20, 2012
A very bad idea. It’s not that everyone owns only 1%. But that everyone votes.

But who cares about the company formed when everyone gets 1% of profits. Nobody is going to give any good feedback or do any work.

It might be a challenge, but there are Co-Ops everywhere that work with democratic voting systems - some of them are billion dollar companies ... like Mondragon.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ZoI0C1mPek

If you don't give feedback and you don't do any work, then someone else will do the work - and you have no right to complain about the decisions that have been made.

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
149%
Oct 20, 2012

What would you suggest?

I plan on making systems, telling people to follow the CENTS principles, when choosing who to work with, we'll hire people from platforms that have a rigid onboarding process - i.e only people that have been verified, interviewed and researched can join the platform and apply for work. Won't mention too much and give everything away, but there are companies like that.

How we'll develop an affordable MVP and validate the idea is something we gotta figure out as we are falling from the sky. I don't have all the answers, hopefully some of the people that join me will have some know-how.

Last edited:

Private Witt

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
220%
Feb 20, 2018
Oklahoma
While completely different, I'm currently building a 100 person team for my cannabis media startup that is expanding nationally and I can tell you from experience dealing with large amounts of people in any type of collaboration is pure hell. First 5 is easy, but once start to scale HR, all sorts of weird shit starts to happen. I fell short of my goal for the summer, but at 30 solid and moving to new state next week to secure the next 20 and see how 50 looks.

I do like the 100 digital marketer idea, but I bet if you focus on a much smaller team of 5 to 10 and go through the learning process in a few years you can scale to 100, if found the ability to bring some fire.

Knugs

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
181%
Jan 10, 2016
What would you suggest?

I plan on making systems, telling people to follow the CENTS principles, when choosing who to work with, we'll hire people from platforms that have a rigid onboarding process - i.e only people that have been verified, interviewed and researched can join the platform and apply for work. Won't mention too much and give everything away, but there are companies like that.

How we'll develop an affordable MVP and validate the idea is something we gotta figure out as we are falling from the sky. F*ck I dont have all the answers, hopefully some of the people that join me will have some know-how.

I have learned that you need to validate each assumption for a new concept to work. If you make one assumption which doesn’t work-out, you effectively killed the entire business.

There are too many red flags fromboth Perspectives

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
149%
Oct 20, 2012
I have learned that you need to validate each assumption for a new concept to work. If you make one assumption which doesn’t work-out, you effectively killed the entire business.

There are too many red flags fromboth Perspectives

What assumptions are you talking about, mind being bit more specific.

Thank you kindly.

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
149%
Oct 20, 2012
While completely different, I'm currently building a 100 person team for my cannabis media startup that is expanding nationally and I can tell you from experience dealing with large amounts of people in any type of collaboration is pure hell. First 5 is easy, but once start to scale HR, all sorts of weird shit starts to happen. I fell short of my goal for the summer, but at 30 solid and moving to new state next week to secure the next 20 and see how 50 looks.

I do like the 100 digital marketer idea, but I bet if you focus on a much smaller team of 5 to 10 and go through the learning process in a few years you can scale to 100, if found the ability to bring some fire.

Food for thought.

Though I kinda wanted to help the little guys that can only afford to invest $1k per project.

Hmm maybe starting with 10 people - build out the replicable / scalable system is the way to go first.

I might go down that road - if getting to 100 is too much of a head ache, then I'll stop at 10 and see if people are willing to move forward with just the 10 of us.

Thanks for your feedback and best of luck with your dope company.

TheGreek

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
125%
Jul 27, 2020
Greece
I love your idea! It's unique, and you think out of the box. When I visited the website, I understood what it is all about. You can do some A/B testing to find the best colors and calls to action.

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
149%
Oct 20, 2012
I love your idea! It's unique, and you think out of the box. When I visited the website, I understood what it is all about. You can do some A/B testing to find the best colors and calls to action.

Thanks for your feedback.
This isn't for everyone - for some people this would be a total turn off, for others it might just be exactly what they need :)

I'm going to re-do the site then launch the site and see what the market says.

Lyinx

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
128%
Oct 28, 2019
Lancaster County, PA
All very well explained except for one nagging detail (I look for loopholes)

When does daloop get paid? (the website says, "DaCoop only makes money if the companies we build become profitable. " This can be interpreted many different ways and should be clarified.
When ALL the businesses become profitable (if we make 10 businesses together, and 9 are profitable, then Daloop still does not get paid because one of them isn't profitable)

And because the above mentions daloop getting paid, how much does daloop get paid? or is it only equal to their capital that they put in? or a percentage of the profit? or how is that figured out?

Lyinx

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
128%
Oct 28, 2019
Lancaster County, PA
Another "problem" :)

Pick a plan... but there's only one plan there... ?!
$20/month? for how many months? is there a limit (say 5 months max, and then free until an idea is picked?, because if you're being paid to come up with an idea, I want you to make sure it happens. If I'm paying you either way I'd question that there is more incentive for you not to find something rather than actually finding a business venture.
Putting a limit per business idea would guarantee my results that I paid for.

Lyinx

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
128%
Oct 28, 2019
Lancaster County, PA
Thanks for your feedback.
This isn't for everyone - for some people this would be a total turn off, for others it might just be exactly what they need :)

I'm going to re-do the site then launch the site and see what the market says.
feel free to notify on here when you've re-launched and I'm sure we'll critique for you and tear it apart (again) :)

Lyinx

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
128%
Oct 28, 2019
Lancaster County, PA
Step 9: divide payouts, or reinvest into the company. Daloop gets 3% of the profits, plus the same % of profit as everyone else (based on money put in). The 3% of profits pays daloop for time to organize said project. It's pretty much a charity project, but we feel we deserve a small bit to cover office, coffee, etc.. BTW: buy us a coffee on Paypal! (link here)

note: I'm not actually sure on your compensation plan for daloop, but if you do so, the "buy me a coffee" link makes it appear that you're for sure doing this just for the fun and the networking opportunities, and hey, you might actually get a few coffees/bucks out of it.

alexkuzmov

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
130%
Sep 20, 2019
Bulgaria
What are your thoughts on this site:

Looks unfinished:

Also why did I get redirected here after a couple of clicks: http://fiverr30.scienceontheweb.net ?

Paiement d’adhésion – DACoop Translation missing?
The menu doesnt work on all pages, check the link above

This is bad:

The page has 1 form on it, no images, scripts or anyting which should cause it to load for 10 seconds.
Every click is like a 10 second load.

I think that this website is not yet Alpha version ready.
No where near Beta.
Not worth looking further into ATM.

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
149%
Oct 20, 2012
Looks unfinished:

View attachment 34468

Also why did I get redirected here after a couple of clicks: http://fiverr30.scienceontheweb.net ?

Paiement d’adhésion – DACoop Translation missing?
The menu doesnt work on all pages, check the link above

This is bad:

View attachment 34469

The page has 1 form on it, no images, scripts or anyting which should cause it to load for 10 seconds.
Every click is like a 10 second load.

I think that this website is not yet Alpha version ready.
No where near Beta.
Not worth looking further into ATM.

Its probably loading to the coder's website - I dunno why that is.

Loading time is awful. Gotta sort that out once the updated version is ready.

I did want feedback on the site design in general.

I thought it was crap, but I asked another person what he thought about the site, - he said he liked it. So the original developer thought it was good enough to deliver and another developer thought it looked great.

I figured maybe its me....that's why I asked for people's thoughts on here.

Personally I think its shit to be honest. Was just looking for confirmation - its def. still work in progress.

Don't worry, I'll fix most of those small kinks with the new guy I'll hire (Fingers crossed).

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
149%
Oct 20, 2012
All very well explained except for one nagging detail (I look for loopholes)

When does daloop get paid? (the website says, "DaCoop only makes money if the companies we build become profitable. " This can be interpreted many different ways and should be clarified.
When ALL the businesses become profitable (if we make 10 businesses together, and 9 are profitable, then Daloop still does not get paid because one of them isn't profitable)

And because the above mentions daloop getting paid, how much does daloop get paid? or is it only equal to their capital that they put in? or a percentage of the profit? or how is that figured out?
DaCoop (The Co-Op) only gets paid when the businesses it owns shares in get paid.

So if 1 of the companies makes $100k/month and DaCOOP owns 1% - then we'd get $1k.

If the company doesn't make profits, then neither does DaCoop.

Another "problem" :)

Pick a plan... but there's only one plan there... ?!
$20/month? for how many months? is there a limit (say 5 months max, and then free until an idea is picked?, because if you're being paid to come up with an idea, I want you to make sure it happens. If I'm paying you either way I'd question that there is more incentive for you not to find something rather than actually finding a business venture.
Putting a limit per business idea would guarantee my results that I paid for.

There's only 1 plan. The developer added that part plus "text text text" ... why, no idea.

You make a good point there.

I'll set the max to 3 months.

We want quick results.

feel free to notify on here when you've re-launched and I'm sure we'll critique for you and tear it apart (again) :)

Thank you. I feel like you're enjoying this, quite a bit.

Step 9: divide payouts, or reinvest into the company. Daloop gets 3% of the profits, plus the same % of profit as everyone else (based on money put in). The 3% of profits pays daloop for time to organize said project. It's pretty much a charity project, but we feel we deserve a small bit to cover office, coffee, etc.. BTW: buy us a coffee on Paypal! (link here)

note: I'm not actually sure on your compensation plan for daloop, but if you do so, the "buy me a coffee" link makes it appear that you're for sure doing this just for the fun and the networking opportunities, and hey, you might actually get a few coffees/bucks out of it.
Nah, we want to build real viable businesses. We're not here for charity shit.

We gotta earn it. We'll own 1% and only get paid 1% of the profits just like everyone else.

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
Do you get 1% when you join for one month? What happens to your 1% when you quit the monthly payments?

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.