• The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success
  1. Join 40,000+ entrepreneurs
    who are kicking butt and
    winning their dream life.

Unscripted™ Entrepreneurship:
    A Business That Pays More Than Money, It Pays Time.

"Fastlane" is an entrepreneur discussion forum based on The Unscripted Entrepreneurial Framework (TUNEF) outlined in the two best-selling books by MJ DeMarco (The Millionaire Fastlane and UNSCRIPTED™). From multimillionaires to digital nomads, the forum features real entrepreneurs creating real businesses.

Download (Unscripted) Download (Millionaire Fastlane)  Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block!

Thought Experiment: WWYD in Your Post Powerball Euphoria?

Discussion in 'People & Relationships' started by MJ DeMarco, Nov 16, 2018.

1. Raoul Duke

Raoul Duke The .45 longslide, with laser sighting. Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $4,030
    Just like MJ. I have seen all of TNG & DS9.... But!

"…give [man] economic prosperity, such that he should have nothing else to do but sleep, eat cakes and busy himself with the continuation of his species, and even then out of sheer ingratitude, sheer spite, man would play you some nasty trick. He would even risk his cakes and would deliberately desire the most fatal rubbish, the most uneconomical absurdity, simply to introduce into all this positive good sense his fatal fantastic element. lt is just his fantastic dreams, his vulgar folly that he will desire to retain, simply in order to prove to himself […] that men still are men and not the keys of a piano, which the laws of nature threaten to control so completely that soon one will be able to desire nothing but by the calendar. And that is not all: even if man really were nothing but a piano-key, even if this were proved to him by natural science and mathematics, even then he would not become reasonable, but would purposely do something perverse out of simple ingratitude, simply to gain his point."
    Note from the Underground.

Suzanne Bazemore likes this.
  2. Determined2012

Determined2012 Silver Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $1,661
    I will create 24 hour day care facilities for all the single parents who need something like this because they work shift work and or erratic on call jobs and they don't have support of family or friends to help with children so they can get to work, or even if they want to send them so they can have a few hours to themselves for mental health day, etc.

I will also create housing facilities for homeless veterans and sick/ill veterans.

Lastly I would create a program that would provide some sort of financial supplement to baby boomers who do not have family contributions or pensions to help them maintain their freedom and independent living status, as well as something to help them with their medical expenses as they age and have to come out of the work force.

Basically I would spend my time trying to help others have a better quality of life, less worry and burden about primary things they need to live and sustain themselves.

3. FinTech

FinTech New Contributor FASTLANE INSIDER

Rep Bank:
    $97
    I would find a market that has high barriers to entry and then buy all the players in it and have a monopoly in a niche that isn't sexy and no one cares about but I would dominate it. Try to stay under the radar. I would try to generate another billion in 5 years from these companies and find another niche to dominate... or market to corner.

4. MTF

MTF Never give up Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR

Rep Bank:
    $71,213
    Everyone should ask themselves this question regularly and actually try doing these things on a smaller scale because once you get to "the other side" (you're financially independent), you'll quickly go crazy struggling with a feeling of senselessness, no mission in life, feeling like nothing matters or realizing that you don't really care about what you thought you'd do after hitting financial freedom.

I think this topic is rarely talked about, but it's a very difficult problem and no, you probably won't be the exception - you'll start questioning everything once money stops being your first preoccupation and very few people will understand it.

5. GregDott

GregDott Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED

Rep Bank:
    $489
    I agree man. The way a similar thought occurred to me was in thinking, what if I just die tomorrow? Would I be happy having spent all my time only working towards financial freedom and not engaging in the the things that give me meaning?

MTF and Andy Black like this.
  6. Nekoemon

Nekoemon Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane

Rep Bank:
    $189
    I'm glad to read your answer since it's also the first thought that came to my mind as I was reading your question. Shelters for all animals, increasing the means of controlling how animals are treated (private homes and public places), how to detect mistreatments, educate people to respect and understand animals, create a special police to protect animals, develop alternative ways to research on medicine without using animals, and so on. My money would be used for these purposes. (and still my hedonistic needs, of course. :smuggy:

JunkBoxJoey_JBJ and MJ DeMarco like this.
  7. WildHoneyTree

WildHoneyTree Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $126
    I would establish a "Tesla eco-village" testing all sorts of green tech, growing healthy food and invite people who want to follow their creative passions to the max from a Dr Strange type set up with people learning/teaching super mind powers, natural healing techniques to artists, scientists, yogis, shamans, philosophers, animal whisperers, plant whisperers etc. Living the dream together and enjoying each others genius and innovations and seeing what the full human potential is when we don't have to fight each other for survival or be under a control system and hierarchy.

MJ DeMarco likes this.
  8. WildHoneyTree

WildHoneyTree Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $126
    Before vegan was a thing....there were these falafel and hummus fast food stalls all over Germany and France...mmm...heaven

Tommo likes this.
  9. Tommo

Tommo Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $2,251
    I never saw anything healthy in an Imbiss lol :smile2: Didn't spot any hummus/falafel places but sounds great.

10. Timmy1990

Timmy1990 Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $1,833
    Open up a BJJ school and teach there 3 days a week, i love watching people face adversity and watching them grow as a person become stronger, tougher and the community aspect of it all and team work.

help people experiencing family violence in some way.

RazorCut likes this.
  11. jasoncuellar123

jasoncuellar123 I’m probably awake. Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $13,426
    Buy every instrument (guitars lol) I can find.

Start my own line of studios.

Yeah, it’d be sweet.

12. VIVEKSINGHJADONS

VIVEKSINGHJADONS VSJ Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER

Rep Bank:
    $240
    I will definitely do something about stopping crimes against children. Here in my country, I came across news daily regarding crimes against children. The girl child is so vulnerable in this part of the world that we have to hear unpleasant news every day of gruesome crimes where most of the times victims are girl child of all ages.

I wish I can change the thinking of humans for the good.

This is one of the things I wish to do when I have that much money.

Join 1000s of entrepreneurs who are rewriting life's script and winning financial freedom.

---- ----

You must be a member to join the conversation.

Create Account

Join the community fast and easy!

REGISTER

Already have an account? Login here.