The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Thought Experiment: WWYD in Your Post Powerball Euphoria?

Topics relating to managing people and relationships

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

Gemmell

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
Jul 13, 2017
Scotland
Is my answer not a good one?

I know I don't need lots of money to achieve these things.

Bringing more freedom to my country seems like a great purpose to have.

My purpose or "why" would be "more freedom" if that's a better answer.

Gemmell.

Tubs

Starting fresh
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
276%
Apr 5, 2019
VA
Start a few non-profits
Nonprofit #1: Clean up the ocean, find a way to get rid of all the plastic and trash in there and promote sustainable fishing practices.

Nonprofit #2: Teach people about proper nutrition, how the body works, gut microbiome health, physical fitness, etc... Also would try and lobby for healthy school lunches instead of the crap they feed kids for lunch. Also help teach people good habits and self reliance(This one could probably be split into multiple non profits)

Nonprofit #3: Lobby against big government, for a balanced budget, for term-limits for senators and members of congress & supreme court judges, etc...

Nothing really earth shattering, but these are some things that I think if tackled would improve the world/my country in a big way.

AceVentures

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
404%
Apr 16, 2019
I'd open up an investment firm and bring on a few seasoned vets with experiences covering various sectors. With that, we'd host Entrepreneurial Support rounds across the world, travelling and meeting with different people around the world, exploring different business ideas, and buying equity into long-term sustainable development projects.

Oooo, but also:

My passion has always been in education - I'd love to partner with other likeminded individuals and create our own Fastlane curriculum targetted at kids starting as young as possible. We'd create basic infrastructure at first, a few schools regionally, and then nationally. Once the benefits of the Fastlane curriculum show signs of merit, we could get engaged with lawmakers, charter schools, and hopefully eventually national education programs to incorporate our learnings into their curriculums, or create joint programs that teach beyond the nonsense conventional approach.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Abrodos

Bronze Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
139%
Sep 25, 2019
Barcelona, Spain
The same as @totallybroke.
I would invest in the health and space industry, since
I feel that the temporality of our lifetimes is the biggest problem our species has to solve. And I feel that it will be solved, in some time, if our hunger doesn't F*ck up before that. Many possibilities are there, stem cells, consciousness transfers, body transplants...
This along with interstellar exploration is in my opinion the only way to develop and avoid collapse. It's like a mold that finishes eating an orange: it has to find a basket of new oranges to continue expanding.

If you guys want some food for thought on these matters, read the sci-fi books
"the first and the last men" and "starmaker" by Olaf Stapledon.
They're 1930s books, but I find them terribly visionary in regards to civilization declives, and what the future of humanity might be.

PupRich

New Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
34%
Jul 15, 2019
You all are already rich.
You're rich with words that will make others feel good.
You're rich with body by showing gestures to make others happy (dancing)
You're rich with sound (sing)
You're rich with the strength to help others.
You're rich with a smile !!!!!!!!
#Thank You
Money helps.
:p

Last edited:

SJuan9

Patrón
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
190%
Nov 22, 2017
USA
Apart from becoming an on and off full-time bush pilot, I would love to start buying old, semi-historic buildings in a well-known but rundown part of my former capital city. I would then rehabilitate them and slowly convert the area into a booming mixed-used mini city. So basically I would gentrify, on my own terms, a neighborhood I used to frequent and elevate the quality of life in the area.

ChrisV

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
225%
May 10, 2015
Islands of Calleja
The same thing I'm doing now, which is education people on Self-Control and how its the secret to everything worthwhile in life; I'd just have a lot more funding to put into advertising, etc.

Santi M

See you on the fastlane
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
140%
Jul 22, 2018
Fastlane

ChrisV

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
225%
May 10, 2015
Islands of Calleja

Simplify

Thrive
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
123%
May 17, 2019
Ireland
Travel the world learning from ancient traditions. Yoga, meditation, medicinal psychedelics. In a nutshell spiritual growth. I would also start a podcast on freedom in every aspect from financial, emotional, social, spiritual etc. I would start a holistic healing center based around psychotherapy, psychedelic, meditation and other healing therapies (when psychedelicsare legalised again for medical use). I would also work with UK education to reform the education system. A few lifetimes worth of work here but with that kind of money that is what I would do.

AFMKelvin

Some Profound Quote Goes Here
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
199%
Jan 26, 2016
Rice, Texas
After getting all my selfish needs out of my system and still having systems in place that are generating me money I would:

1. Fund research on all the conspiracy theories that I can get my hands on. I would pay for people to go to the north and south pole and once and for all prove if the earth is flat or not. I would build a spaceship and send it off to space too. See if it hits a dome or not. Try to build Nikola Tesla's electrical tower and see if it works. He never got the chance to finish it. Hire professional shooters and close down the street where Kennedy got shot and have dummy moving in a car.

Something like this guy but with better equipment.
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CnSBw_sID2Y

2. Donate money to Indian Brahmin schools. They have an unbroken oral tradition. The only ones that have not broken that tradition for thousands of years.

3. Pay manufactures to build products that last forever. Planned obsolescence would be a thing of the past. Something like this
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jx1d3j1IEoI

AFMKelvin

Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
199%
Jan 26, 2016
Rice, Texas
Travel the world learning from ancient traditions. Yoga, meditation, medicinal psychedelics. In a nutshell spiritual growth. I would also start a podcast on freedom in every aspect from financial, emotional, social, spiritual etc. I would start a holistic healing center based around psychotherapy, psychedelic, meditation and other healing therapies (when psychedelicsare legalised again for medical use). I would also work with UK education to reform the education system. A few lifetimes worth of work here but with that kind of money that is what I would do.

You can do all this now.

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Feb 8, 2019
Singapore
-Fund my own think tank and social science research. Being able to organize things like intelligence square debate excites me.

-develop a program to help hungry people to succeed in business and money.

foodiepersecond

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
Aug 2, 2019
Atlanta, Georgia
I would love to attend random conventions, be it comic books, video games, business, food industry, sports, etc. There is something magical about being in a hotel for a few days for an event during the day and partying during the night.

aleexcif

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Mar 11, 2019
Guatemala City, Guatemala
Interesting thought experiment...

Assume you won $1,000,000,000 (1 Billion!) in the Powerball.

What would you do in your post Powerball euphoria?

I'm talking about your daily day AFTER you reveled for a couple of years in riches...

I'm talking about AFTER you bought 10 exotic cars and drove them to death...
I'm talking about AFTER you traveled the world and saw everything to see...
I'm talking about AFTER you bought the dream houses speckled about the world...
I'm talking about AFTER you went on a video game binge...
I'm talking about AFTER you took care of your family...
I'm talking about AFTER you spent the last X years living large, spending, traveling, etc...

Now that you've experience EVERYTHING you've ever wanted...

WHAT WOULD YOU DO NOW?

I mentioned this little exercise in Unscripted and I ask it not because I'd like to entertain the mental masturbation of it all, I ask it because it gives a little INSIGHT into your meaning and purpose.

If money was no object, would would bring the most meaning to your life?

For instance, my answer to this question would be probably something relating to animals; a dog rescue or some kind of massive animal shelter.

Your answer might NOT be altruistic.

You might respond with, "I'm going to become the best Nascar driver on the planet" and that's OK.

Anyhow, I'm curious to what people value on a macroeconomic level -- after all your hedonistic/materialistic experiences have been met, what's next?

How will you spend your life?

View: https://twitter.com/MJDeMarco/status/1176908508182110210

I would dedicate my time and energy and resources to solve world problems such as poverty, climate change and plastic pollution.

ChrisV

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
225%
May 10, 2015
Islands of Calleja
prove if the earth is flat or not. I would build a spaceship and send it off to space too. See if it hits a dome or not. Try to build Nikola Tesla's electrical tower and see if it works. He never got the chance to finish it. Hire professional shooters and close down the street where Kennedy got shot and have dummy moving in a car.

Something like this guy but with better equipment. View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CnSBw_sID2Y
Don't worry... we'll pay to send you off in a rocket.

Entre Eyes

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
97%
Sep 7, 2019
Traveling to Higher Conciousness
You got to love Jack Ma of Alibaba making a mini movie starring himself beating up Martial Arts Stars in Kung Fu Spoof.

5a09a4ad7101ad3c6872e55f-750-375.jpg

But I think I would do a lot of Angel Investing.

Athena

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
157%
Sep 22, 2019
I would use my wealth to facilitate the transition of 3rd world countries into becoming first world.

Last edited:

AFMKelvin

Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
199%
Jan 26, 2016
Rice, Texas
Don't worry... we'll pay to send you off in a rocket.
Lol this has to be my favorite joke from non flat Earther's believers.

I'll send you the link to my PayPal account so you can start donating money for my one way ticket into space.

Roli

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
160%
Jun 3, 2015
I would start an institute for reasoned thinking, our raison d'etre would be to teach the world how to think properly, and sift out idiot conspiracy theory from reality.

Over

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
63%
Aug 19, 2018
1) I would start a movie company with myself as a director.
2) I would create perfumes just for myself and maybe later try to create a whole company. I love fragrances and I am a bit addicted to it. I was even thinking to start doing it right now and I could do it for myself and maybe some friends because creating a perfume company without huge money and connections wouldn't work out.
3) I would try to learn some languages. Firstly English to be fluent at it. Next would be Spanish, French, German, Chinese.

Entre Eyes

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
97%
Sep 7, 2019
Traveling to Higher Conciousness
And oh my SECURITY.

Not just the state of the Art Jarvis Iron Man package but my Female Body Guards wait til you see them. :)

And something about that scene in Kingsman movie of peoples heads exploding on my command is worth taking a look into. Bad guys of course. :)

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0LZCXiUkq-Q

LSeibs

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Jan 28, 2020

I'm talking about your daily day AFTER you reveled for a couple of years in riches...

I'm talking about AFTER you spent the last X years living large, spending, traveling, etc...

WHAT WOULD YOU DO NOW?

I mentioned this little exercise in Unscripted and I ask it not because I'd like to entertain the mental masturbation of it all, I ask it because it gives a little INSIGHT into your meaning and purpose.

For instance, my answer to this question would be probably something relating to animals; a dog rescue or some kind of massive animal shelter.

You might respond with, "I'm going to become the best Nascar driver on the planet" and that's OK.

Anyhow, I'm curious to what people value on a macroeconomic level -- after all your hedonistic/materialistic experiences have been met, what's next?

Healthcare! Everyone says the healthcare system is broken and keeps relying on the government to fix it. Problem is the government has too many “issues” on their plate and too many lobbyists keeping them where they are I doubt anyone in the government will ever make a dent on it. Healthcare is a business just like any other and the only way businesses change are when they are forced to adapt to competition. I’d hit them right where it hurts. Their customers and their income. I’d create a better healthcare company that actually cares about its customers wellbeing and forces the healthcare industry to be treated like a service because that’s what it is.

For example: if someone goes in for a catheter and it is placed incorrectly and causing issues and sending that individual to an ER hours later, the medical provider who did it would have to fix it at their own expense or cover the cost the same as any other business or service provider. If you pay to get your house cleaned while your at work and you come home to filth you would hold the service company accountable for not providing the service that you paid for. Why not the same with healthcare?

I believe there is a way to provide affordable healthcare to the country while still having a profitable business.
Still working on the how.....thoughts and opinions are welcome!

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
493%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
I'd be shopping for businesses and real estate until I've spent it all. The idea being to make it as permanent as possible. Something it will take my kids, grandkids, and great grandkids a serious effort to screw up.

Beyond that? I would travel to places that interest me from an economic standpoint... Immigrate or try to rally efforts for a new capitalist charter city somewhere.

I also have Christian project I'd like to finish.

Juan Pimentel

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
248%
Jul 10, 2019
Mesa Arizona

WHAT WOULD YOU DO NOW?

I would start a construction company! Hire the best engineers and architects and rebuild some Mexican cities. Modernize living spaces , add more green out doors activities like parks and man made lakes. Change business infrastructure and work spaces. I wouldn’t necessarily do this work for free but I will have the capital to build then sell to corporations.

Dianne Cohen

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
86%
Sep 7, 2018

WHAT WOULD YOU DO NOW?

I would probably adopt more children and try to create a good/better foster system.

I’d also buy a large piece of land and turn it into a dog rescue.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.