The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

This is what happened after I knocked 75 doors. (Real Estate)

Share your FTE moment...

Guts

Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
168%
Jul 8, 2018
Hey guys! I just wanted to share with you guys my first attempt at door knocking. I'm no expert at door knocking but at least I have experience now.

Any tips would be HIGHLY appreciated too.

If you guys have any questions as well please let me know. I'll be more than happy to answer them.

View: https://youtu.be/be2EKrtTbdk

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

Real Deal Denver

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
245%
Jan 13, 2018
Denver, Colorado
You said it won't be the last time you door-knock. It should be.

I'm here to help you man, because you are knocking yourself out (pun intended). But you have no idea of how to market. None.

Luckily, some of us do. Do you want to go from walking on the sidewalk (literally - as you go from house to house) to driving on the highway? 0 to 60 in 12.2 seconds? Let me help you.

This is the age of the internet. NEVER before has so much power been available at your fingertips. Website - social media - QR codes - even postcards. Did you know Title companies can give you a mailing list of every home within five miles - or whatever distance you want? They can even design and address mailer pieces for you. You can also identify and reach the same defined area through Facebook. That's the fire you want to light. THAT can get attention. How much of that are you using? You are not selling homes in the 1990s. You're a young person - you, more than anyone, should know how people use their phones in today's world. What do they do on their phones? THINK like your customers - and go where they go.

Who wants to go to an open house? In this day and age, what house can you NOT see interior pics of at any time through the internet? Just google the address - and it all falls right into your lap. Easy peazy.

So what do you do now? Well, I can't tell you how to market in this short space, but let me try to trigger some thinking in the right direction. Have a contest. Have a survey. Register for prizes. Make a landing page for people to get some sort of valuable information. At the open house, receive a pamphlet of the top ten homes for sale in that market area - not just THAT home. Make a sales brochure/web page about what YOU can do. Why would anyone want to work with you? I wouldn't. You know why? You're too young and inexperienced. Your four-minute long video was kind of painful. I need a LOT more valuable content than your rambling. Like I said - I'm here to help you. Sorry, it might not feel good. I learned a LOT, and it wasn't fun nor was it easy. But it's far from impossible. I learned it, and so can you. What I have presented here is 100 times more effective than what you are doing. So use it accordingly.

Get it? Give the customers something in exchange for THEIR time you are asking them to invest.

For a good start go to Amazon and search "how to sell homes/real estate." You will probably find over 100 books. Buy 6 or 7 of them. Learn them. Then buy 6 or 7 more. Repeat until you are a master at marketing.

This is the proverbial tip of the iceberg. There is 10,000 times this information that is out there that can help you. Find it. Learn it. Use it.

Last edited:

Guts

Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
168%
Jul 8, 2018

I'm here to help you man, cause you are knocking yourself out. But you have no idea of how to market. None.

Luckily, some of us do. Do you want to go from walking on the sidewalk (literally - as you go from house to house) to driving on the highway? 0 to 60 in 12.2 seconds? Let me help you.

This is the age of the internet. NEVER before has so much power been available at your fingertips. Website - social media - QR codes - even postcards. Did you know Title companies can give you a mailing list of every home within five miles - or whatever distance you want? They can even design and address mailer pieces for you. You can also identify and reach the same defined area through Facebook. That's the fire you want to light. THAT can get attention. How much of that are you using? You are not selling homes in the 1990s. You're a young person - you, more than anyone, should know how people use their phones in today's world. What do they do on their phones? THINK like your customers - and go where they go.

Who wants to go to an open house? In this day and age, what house can you NOT see interior pics of at any time through the internet? Just google the address - and it all falls right into your lap. Easy peazy.

So what do you do now? Well, I can't tell you how to market in this short space, but let me try to trigger some thinking in the right direction. Have a contest. Have a survey. Register for prizes. Make a landing page for people to get some sort of valuable information. At the open house, receive a pamphlet of the top ten homes for sale in that market area - not just THAT home. Make a sales brochure/web page about what YOU can do. Why would anyone want to work with you? I wouldn't. You know why? You're too young and inexperienced. Your four-minute long video was kind of painful. I need a LOT more valuable content than your rambling. Like I said - I'm here to help you. Sorry, it might not feel good. I learned a LOT, and it wasn't fun nor was it easy. But it's far from impossible. I learned it, and so can you. What I have presented here is 100 times more effective than what you are doing. So use it accordingly.

Get it? Give the customers something in exchange for THEIR time you are asking them to invest.

For a good start go to Amazon and search "how to sell homes/real estate." You will probably find over 100 books. Buy 6 or 7 of them. Learn them. Then buy 6 or 7 more. Repeat until you are a master at marketing.

This is the proverbial tip of the iceberg. There is 10,000 times this information that is out there that can help you. Find it. Learn it. Use it.
I appreciate the feedback and advise. My rule of thumb is that if it doesn't work the first time that doesn't mean it's a failure. By the way, I don't rely on open house. It was an opportunity for me to try it for the first time and I didn't like it either. But when I door knock, I get to feel the interaction I have with people. And I found that people do enjoy that. Everyone is going digital and it's hard to tell who's special from the rest. Tell me, who's dedicated enough to meet people face to face and talk about business? However I may still be wrong. not going to sit here and disagree with you because I just started doing all this. Would you think that door knocking while using title companies services is a good idea? Like I am a complete amateur but I don't want that to stop me. I don't care about difficulty nor hard work because I have been doing that for a long time. But I want my hard work to go to something worth it.

Last edited:

AgainstAllOdds

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
647%
Dec 26, 2014
Chicago, IL

I'm here to help you man, cause you are knocking yourself out. But you have no idea of how to market. None.

Let him knock on doors.

No one's doing it, so it might just work.

And if it doesn't work, then he's at least developed the confidence to do sales in person. That may not be valuable in real estate (or it may, we don't know), but it sure as hell is valuable in B2B sales.

@Guts I vote that you keep knocking on doors until you either succeed or fall on your a$$. There's nothing but upside.

Bryan James

Bronze Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
182%
Jul 1, 2018
Texas, USA
One of my first ever jobs was with Reliant Energy as a door-to-door "salesman". My first day on the job some guy in his 80s (I presume) pulled a pistol out on me with a laser pointer attached to it aimed at my stomach.

Guts

Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
168%
Jul 8, 2018
One of my first ever jobs was with Reliant Energy as a door-to-door "salesman". My first day on the job some guy in his 80s (I presume) pulled a pistol out on me with a laser pointer attached to it aimed at my stomach.
yikesss that's intense lmao I need to start F*ckin wearing bulletproof vests huh?

Ocean Man

Life-long learner.
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
222%
Sep 26, 2018
United States
Let him knock on doors.

No one's doing it, so it might just work.
This.

The same exact reason, I want to go into direct mail advertising, yes many people use social media, but direct mail still has its place. And I'll conquer it.

Once I find out what business I'd like to start where I am, I'll definitely utilize direct mail.

@Guts Keep at it, learn from door to door, but also @Real Deal Denver does have a good point. At the same time, you should utilize the internet.

Guts

Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
168%
Jul 8, 2018
@Real Deal Denver makes his entire living off real estate.

Personally, I wouldn't discount RE marketing advice from him so quickly.
Ofcourse not lol he's not wrong at all when it comes to how much assistance you can get just from title companies. I am marketing on facebook, creating my own website, using the breakthrough website to create listing presentations and brochures. But I am adding on that I found value in door knocking that I don't see anywhere else. A one on one connection between clients that is hard to find. I was thinking when I search the market and find some information that's worth to give to a client, I can tell them face to face. I'd love to hear more from @Real Deal Denver . He gave excellent feedback.

stephness

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Jun 24, 2019
Hey guys! I just wanted to share with you guys my first attempt at door knocking. I'm no expert at door knocking but at least I have experience now.

If you guys have any questions as well please let me know. I'll be more than happy to answer them.

HEYYY I'M A NEW AGENT MYSELF. I DON'T HAVE MUCH OF AN ISSUE WITH PROPSECTING BECAUSE I AM A SOCIAL BUTTERFLY HOWEVER, I DO RECOMMEND YOU CHECK OUT ANYTHING MIKE FERRY HAS TO SAY ABOUT REAL ESTATE HE IS THE G.O.A.T. !! ALSO, THIS VIDEO BY KEVIN WARD ON YOUTUBE CALLED "HOW TO CREATE PROSPECTIVE (OR IS IT PROPSECTING??) HABITS". I HOPE THAT HELPED! LOVE AND LIGHT TO YA !!

ZCP

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
336%
Oct 22, 2010
Woodstock, GA
corner one large fancy house neighborhood (700 to 1000 homes) by being the only one that 'knocks on the door and wants to talk' could be a good strategy .... ask for referrals ..... get email addresses ... saturate them .... have a neighborhood pool party .... @Johnny boy them!

Guts

Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
168%
Jul 8, 2018
I'm gonna disagree. Door knocking is an essential part of an overall market/acquisition strategy in real estate...

For example, whenever we get a property under contract close to home, the first thing my wife will do is walk the neighborhood, introduce herself to the neighbors, get as much information about the property we have under contract as possible (neighbors tend to know a LOT more than the sellers will tell you), and then talk to them about whether they are looking to sell or know someone who is.

We get one or two properties per year this way. In fact, the last one was a door we knocked on two years ago -- they didn't answer so my wife left them a note on a business card. They called us almost a year later, sold us their house and we wholesaled it for an $82,000 profit.

I wouldn't focus on door knocking as a primary acquisition strategy, but if you don't leverage the power of introducing yourself to random people, you're going to find that you're leaving a lot of money on the table...
Oh wow i didnt know the neighbors would know more, thats a good point! Thanks man!

Guts

Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
168%
Jul 8, 2018
HEYYY I'M A NEW AGENT MYSELF. I DON'T HAVE MUCH OF AN ISSUE WITH PROPSECTING BECAUSE I AM A SOCIAL BUTTERFLY HOWEVER, I DO RECOMMEND YOU CHECK OUT ANYTHING MIKE FERRY HAS TO SAY ABOUT REAL ESTATE HE IS THE G.O.A.T. !! ALSO, THIS VIDEO BY KEVIN WARD ON YOUTUBE CALLED "HOW TO CREATE PROSPECTIVE (OR IS IT PROPSECTING??) HABITS". I HOPE THAT HELPED! LOVE AND LIGHT TO YA !!
Mike Ferry's the bomb! I don't know who Kevin Ward is but that only means I gotta check him out! Thanks for the reccomendations!

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Feb 8, 2019
Singapore

Read the book “fanatical prospecting”.

Do not let the new age guru fool you that making money today is developing cool social media content and let customers come to you. That will not happen and you will be playing the games to make the shovel sellers rich. New social selling system crap here and there.

I am not saying attraction marketing through internet do not work. But it is a winner take all games and you need to spend time and money building the system. You are more likely to waste a lot of time and getting no result instead of pitching to people directly through cold calling.

Cold calling works. Be it door to door or through phone. In fact the best device to prospect today is still phone! Check through the do not call registry and pitch. People say cold call do not work because they dialed 20 numbers and no result and then they give up. Prospecting is a long term endurance sports you do daily. It is a numbers game and eventually the deals and referrals start to flow in.

Real Deal Denver

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
245%
Jan 13, 2018
Denver, Colorado
I'm gonna disagree. Door knocking is an essential part of an overall market/acquisition strategy in real estate...

For example, whenever we get a property under contract close to home, the first thing my wife will do is walk the neighborhood, introduce herself to the neighbors, get as much information about the property we have under contract as possible (neighbors tend to know a LOT more than the sellers will tell you), and then talk to them about whether they are looking to sell or know someone who is.

We get one or two properties per year this way. In fact, the last one was a door we knocked on two years ago -- they didn't answer so my wife left them a note on a business card. They called us almost a year later, sold us their house and we wholesaled it for an $82,000 profit.

I wouldn't focus on door knocking as a primary acquisition strategy, but if you don't leverage the power of introducing yourself to random people, you're going to find that you're leaving a lot of money on the table...

If we want to go with the mantra that ALL marketing is good, then you are certainly right.

But, let's step aside and talk about fishing for a moment. I love to fish, but I'm terrible at it. On the other hand, you may be the best fisherman in the entire county, but you are STILL severely limited by how much you can accomplish by your methods. Using a pole, you may catch more fish than anyone - but can you scale to huge levels? No. Now, if you used a boat and nets instead, you could increase your results by 100 times; even using FAR less time and effort.

Back to real estate. I know of several teams in my market area (Denver, CO) that are closing over 100 sides a month consistently. Their gross income exceeds. One. Hundred. Million. A year. Every month - every year. And those CHEAP ASSES won't even buy me an island! (LOL)

They are not geniuses. They don't work particularly harder than anyone else - in fact, probably less than most other people in the business.

How do they do it? Systems. They don't spend time door knocking or blindly calling people. They might be even more successful if they did - but they don't. They "invest" in nurturing great customer relationships, so they get solid gold reviews and tons of referrals. They also use digital marketing to the Nth degree. They are marketing machines. Efficient, accurate, and deadly. I study them closely to learn how I can improve.

It works. This is not some pie in the sky or get rich scheme or some guru method. It is a system that works beautifully, and it works at a VERY high rate of return. It's the 80/20 rule in real life.

It all comes down to the age-old wisdom of working smarter, not harder. We now have the tools to do so much more than ever before. The smart ones will use them. The even smarter ones will master them and have someone else do the work for them.

Be in the circus as a superstar - run the circus - or own the circus. They're ALL great. But what CAN you do? If time and money were no barrier, what could you do? Hmmmm.

The other age-old adage is time is the great equalizer. Once it's gone, it's gone forever. We all have the same amount. Use it wisely. To use mine more wisely, I buy a LOT of books so I can learn more. Two of them are from you @JScott - so I have nothing but GOOD to say about your experience and expertise. Let's get that clear right now!

But. Still...

If McDonalds can make a million dollars from one restaurant (and they do), how much can they make with ten? Or a hundred? Or a thousand? Do you really WANT to be the best damn McDonalds manager on the planet after all? Is that award ceremony in your honor really as good as it gets? Could there more to be had? WHERE on the food chain do you want to be? Think! Plan! Learn! And dammit - DO!

Move to Denver @JScott - we can make more money than we could count - and have fun doing it! Someone once told me that if Bill Gates set fire to all his money, he would die of old age before the fire would finish.

I'll be playing poker with several friends soon. Several of them are multi-millionaires. It helps me a lot to hang out with people like that. They all work hard, and they all richly deserve their success, even though none of them EITHER will buy me one little island! I still keep them as friends...

Look to the sky. Dream. Bigly.

WJK

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
256%
Oct 9, 2017
Alaska

Just do it! When I was selling real estate, I door- knocked every day, day after day. I picked out an area that I "farmed" and door knocked at least once a month. And then I did random areas. I always had a reason for going up to their door. I had a flier. I had a message. I always left something for them. By the way, I was very successful. .. and I started 43 years ago in 1976. I made my open houses an event for both the Realtors and the public. I gave out balloons for the kids. I had homemade cookies and other goodies for everyone who attended. I'd tell people when I door-knocked to come by to get one of my cookies. It didn't matter if they weren't ready to sell or if they weren't a buyer. It's all about contacts.
I was "flipping" houses in the Los Angeles ghetto when we still called it Equity Purchasing -- before it became trendy. When we finished a project, before the people moved in, we'd have a block party for the new buyers. I'd bring my grill for the food that I cooked and a barrel of ice for the sodas. We'd invite all the neighbor to meet the new buyers. The buyers would get their extended family there for the party. I even hired clowns and musicians at times. We had wonderful parties. They were always on a weekend and during the day so nothing got out of hand -- no liquor or stupid stuff.
No, I didn't have to do it. Yes, it costs some money, but it made me SO much money over time. Yes, it took up my time, but I counted every second as quality market time. I made sure that I had my before-and-after storyboards for the project front and center for everyone to see. I was proud of my projects. Those were some of my best and happiest days. And sometimes it ending up improving the whole neighborhood. Some of my guests went home and worked on their yards and houses. Those moments created bridges and a sense of community at times. Neighbors got to meet neighbors. I introduced people who had lived on the same block for years and not even said hello.
The career of selling is a lot more than most people realize!

DustinH

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
162%
May 24, 2017
Nashville
Here's what I would do every time you do an open house or get a listing.

Door knock at least 10 houses surrounding the listing.
Let them know you are doing the open house and they are welcome to stop by and check it out (if you have cookies, beer, wine then they might be more likely).
Ask them "As a service to the sellers, I am asking the neighbors if they know someone interested in [neighborhood]. Do you know someone, a friend, a church member, or someone from work who is interested in [neighborhood]?"
Then, ask them "Would you be interested in receiving a monthly report of the home sales in [neighborhood]?" Get their name, address, email.

Just remember you are offering them something: an invitation to see their neighbor's house, a free report on nearby home sales, free food and a reason to get out of the house, etc.

People that door knock my house (usually pest control or yard fertilizer companies) who are uninvited and not offering anything of value quickly get my annoyed and irritated side.

But, a roofing company came by and asked if I would like a free roof evaluation (ours is 17 years old so it is needed) and I easily said ok. Because it was something of value and they weren't going to ask me to sign up for something on the spot.

But you would have to pay me a lot of money to door knock 75 homes in a single day. There are better ways to spend your time.

Check out ListingAgentLifestyle.com and GoGoAgent.com for some good marketing advice.

COSenior

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
171%
Jun 22, 2013
Colorado
75 doors is nothing. I 'farmed' a neighborhood with 300 homes. If you're gonna do it, do it strategically. I hated it, and I found few people at home when I did it, handicapped by night vision issues and therefore knocking during the daytime. However, as a trusted advisor to the HOA, I got listings.

If you found value in it, do it until you find no more. Don't make it your only strategy. Provide value to the neighborhood you're targeting. The agent who sold us our house in Denver was a newbie when we met - I knew more about the business than she did at that time. But by the time she sold it for us, she was killing it with a large, high-end client base from farming her own neighborhood and a personal touch that couldn't be beat.

Guts

Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
168%
Jul 8, 2018
75 doors is nothing. I 'farmed' a neighborhood with 300 homes. If you're gonna do it, do it strategically. I hated it, and I found few people at home when I did it, handicapped by night vision issues and therefore knocking during the daytime. However, as a trusted advisor to the HOA, I got listings.

If you found value in it, do it until you find no more. Don't make it your only strategy. Provide value to the neighborhood you're targeting. The agent who sold us our house in Denver was a newbie when we met - I knew more about the business than she did at that time. But by the time she sold it for us, she was killing it with a large, high-end client base from farming her own neighborhood and a personal touch that couldn't be beat.
Excellent advise. I agree with you that door knocking shouldn't be my only strategy. I am curious to what other strategies there are. When people say provide value, do they mean tell people that their neighborhood has appreciated ___% over ___% months/years? Also, what strategies are there for door knocking? One of my strategies were to offer a market analysis to people who are interested in knowing the worth of their home.

COSenior

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
171%
Jun 22, 2013
Colorado
Excellent advise. I agree with you that door knocking shouldn't be my only strategy. I am curious to what other strategies there are. When people say provide value, do they mean tell people that their neighborhood has appreciated ___% over ___% months/years? Also, what strategies are there for door knocking? One of my strategies were to offer a market analysis to people who are interested in knowing the worth of their home.
You could do that, and you could automate it, I'm sure. My mortgage company provides that to me monthly. Other ideas: what are the improvements that are bringing the most return on investment in that neighborhood right now, what plants do best for landscaping in the soil there, popular paint colors, what are their questions about refinancing... Virtually anything to do with home ownership. You could do it as a newsletter or a Facebook group for that neighborhood alone. Exercise your imagination, and ask the people who answer your knock, what are your real estate questions? What are your challenges?

Dude, it's like any marketing. Do your research, find out what they want, find a way to give it to them without expecting anything in return. That way, you become top of mind for them when they need a real estate professional. It's a long game, but in the end it's the best game. People do business with people they know, like, and trust. (They vote that way, too, which is why candidates knock on doors - to meet the people who may vote for them.) Knocking on doors lets them get to know you. Being open, honest, and not having ulterior motives lets them like and trust you. Then you won't have to ask for listings, people will come to you.

Guts

Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
168%
Jul 8, 2018
You could do that, and you could automate it, I'm sure. My mortgage company provides that to me monthly. Other ideas: what are the improvements that are bringing the most return on investment in that neighborhood right now, what plants do best for landscaping in the soil there, popular paint colors, what are their questions about refinancing... Virtually anything to do with home ownership. You could do it as a newsletter or a Facebook group for that neighborhood alone. Exercise your imagination, and ask the people who answer your knock, what are your real estate questions? What are your challenges?

Dude, it's like any marketing. Do your research, find out what they want, find a way to give it to them without expecting anything in return. That way, you become top of mind for them when they need a real estate professional. It's a long game, but in the end it's the best game. People do business with people they know, like, and trust. (They vote that way, too, which is why candidates knock on doors - to meet the people who may vote for them.) Knocking on doors lets them get to know you. Being open, honest, and not having ulterior motives lets them like and trust you. Then you won't have to ask for listings, people will come to you.
I see what you mean now, and I think you made me have a new perspective on door knocking. When I do door knock again it's going to be to understand the neighborhood, what people value in real estate, what services they look for. and pretty much research and learn more. As @JScott said, it's a good way to learn and practice talking to people. Appreciate it!

COSenior

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
171%
Jun 22, 2013
Colorado
I see what you mean now, and I think you made me have a new perspective on door knocking. When I do door knock again it's going to be to understand the neighborhood, what people value in real estate, what services they look for. and pretty much research and learn more. As @JScott said, it's a good way to learn and practice talking to people. Appreciate it!
You're welcome, and good luck!

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
343%
May 21, 2011
Ah real estate..

Everyone wants to be in it but very few have all the skills needed to make deals happen consistently.

If I were you I would first go into something that is not an equity transactional business model because you literally bring zero value to the table starting out and the odds are extremely low that you'll succeed in doing a single deal.

Playas gotta eat too ya know?

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
343%
May 21, 2011

How many real estate transactions have you done? What is your age? How long did you do something other than buy property before you bought your first deal? I'm not saying he can't.. anyone can do anything, I'm saying probability wise he has a better chance of contracting AIDS by eating bananas.

Guts

Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
168%
Jul 8, 2018
Ah real estate..

Everyone wants to be in it but very few have all the skills needed to make deals happen consistently.

If I were you I would first go into something that is not an equity transactional business model because you literally bring zero value to the table starting out and the odds are extremely low that you'll succeed in doing a single deal.

Playas gotta eat too ya know?
Literally the last post I made was that the next time I do door knock, it is to research more about the neighborhood and about real estate. And do you think all successful people started successful? I don't know what the purpose of your post was other than to point fingers and accuse me of being part of the general population of who fail at real estate, when I'm here sharing an experience and hoping to learn from it.

COSenior

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
171%
Jun 22, 2013
Colorado
How many real estate transactions have you done? What is your age? How long did you do something other than buy property before you bought your first deal? I'm not saying he can't.. anyone can do anything, I'm saying probability wise he has a better chance of contracting AIDS by eating bananas.
I'm 70, and when I was 50 I became a real estate agent in Utah. I became a broker in 1998. I retired from real estate eleven years later. Any other questions? People get into real estate every day. Not everyone will do the work, but those who do can and do succeed. He's talking about being a real estate agent, not an investor, though that's the end goal of most agents. He can do it - both - if he does the work, and it sounds like he's willing to. Your post indicates you weren't, but that's no reason to spit on his dream.

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
343%
May 21, 2011
Literally the last post I made was that the next time I do door knock, it is to research more about the neighborhood and about real estate. And do you think all successful people started successful? I don't know what the purpose of your post was other than to point fingers and accuse me of being part of the general population of who fail at real estate, when I'm here sharing an experience and hoping to learn from it.

Probability is your friend, you either use him wisely through out your entire life or you deny his existence and make poor choices forever. Probability is everything, it is the end all be all. There is nothing else. To use emotions or fall in love with a venture is the biggest mistake of them all.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.