The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

This has been my Journey

rocksolid

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
25%
Nov 17, 2008
New York
This has been my process. Keep in mind I have had many ideas and this is the one I pulled the trigger on.
Sept 2010 – I burn my hand on my BBQ grill handle – ouch. I wondered if other people have had this happen to them. I hit the internet and find that other people have also burned their hands on their grill, mostly Weber grills. I go to the internet to find a company that will help me manufacture a grill handle cover. I found a guy in China and I tell him what I want. He makes me a sample and I put it on the grill. It does not look right and I go back to the drawing boards. We talk about the issues I am having and we come up with a new design. He makes samples and even though the design seems good, it is still a little small. So….. I tell him I need them bigger and he makes a few different sizes for me to test out. I finally pick one and now we need him to make it in the color I want. Then Chinese New Year came and he was gone for over a week. That was one long week.
When he comes back we have the color I want and we are ready to go with a product. Now I need packaging. He tells me he can do that as well for me and he would be able to put the product in the packaging also. This is great; my guy is a one stop shop for manufacturing and packaging. We come up with an idea for packing but I can’t find a picture on the net that I want to use for it.
I go to Elance and tell them what I want. I have a picture made for me for 50.00. After a few reincarnations of the packaging it is finished.
I have sent out intro letters to companies I feel would be interested and I even have a meeting tomorrow.
I have not set up a LLC yet because I figure I would wait until I have my first buyer. From what I know, the day I file for a LLC I will be covered as one, so I figure let’s not spend the money until I really have a company going. I have bids for a website and that will be started very soon. I have learned a lot along the way and I am pretty excited. Thanks to everybody on the board that has helped me with all kinds of question that I have had in the past.If anybody has questions or comments, my ears are open.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

rocksolid

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
25%
Nov 17, 2008
New York
Hey Denmark, Why did you have to hijack my thread to spam? Start your own spam thread.

By the way I ended up calling it safe to handle. I liked the name and my wife came up with it so it gave her some ownership in this which is not something she usually wants to do.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.