What's new

This Forum Broke Me

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 39,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Forum membership removes this block.

Aldomoro

New Contributor
MEMBER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Joined
Dec 29, 2018
Messages
9
Location
Romania
Rep Bank
$250
User Power: 200%
And I'm thankful for it.

Late last year I read Millionaire Fastlane , discovered this place and my perception of life changed completely.

I was in my last year of college, counting the days until graduation. I found myself in a place I did not want to be in, preparing for a life I would come to despise.

To be clear, this summer I graduated law school (a special kind here in my country, which promises a job for the government for every graduate), and now I'm working as a legal adviser for the state. It's a path I thought I had chosen for myself, kind of forcing myself to think that it's good for me, even though, inside I knew what was coming. I can't fault my parents for this, this was not their choice to make and they believed this was the best way going forward for me, because they always encountered problems with their jobs and with money in general. This was, basically, the safe bet, the job you have for 40 years and then retire.

The thing is, I can't do that.

I find myself dreading every morning I have to wake up thinking that I need to get to work. I don't like the field I'm in, don't like the concept of a regular job, which doesn't really have too many upsides besides acting as a safety net. Thanks to MJ DeMarco and the guys in here, my understanding of the world changed completely, and now I find myself disagreeing with the opinion of most friends and acquaintances.

Ever since finding this forum, I have been reading everything I could on different topics, trying to change my mindset, trying to change myself for the better. And for the most part, I managed to change the way I'm thinking, the way I interact with others, the things that are important to me.

One thing has been missing for me, and that is action.

The last few months I have been reading a lot of books, articles, forum posts in order to understand better what I want to do with my life. Even though I believe that is necessary, I really feel that I am action-faking, that I only get the feeling that I'm doing something for me, even though I don't walk in any direction.

The thing I want most is freedom from bosses and from a schedule, because I want to be there for my loved ones. I want to be able to free my mother from the Script, and be able to provide for my future family.

I'm sorry if this was all over the place, but I have been lurking this forum for so long and wanted to share my own story.

You guys have already helped me so much and I want to thank you for being awesome. I can't wait to be able to interact with this amazing group of people.

See you in the execution thread.
 
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts

Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.

You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.

  • Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
  • MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
  • Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
  • Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."
— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."
— User Richard Peck

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?

Back
Top Bottom